R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub View Post
The first shipment of VTX10 and VTX10R's have arrived We have sent nearly every unit out already, and haven't even filled all orders yet. So get your orders in, next shipment will be arriving Monday!

Me likey mini, power caps already installed. Nice touch. With that being done before I get my hands on one, I would have a 50-50 chance of running the same night.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #362
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Me likey mini, power caps already installed. Nice touch. With that being done before I get my hands on one, I would have a 50-50 chance of running the same night.

Steve
Stevo I'll even help you wire it up and bump it up to a 75% chance

First shipment of VTX10 and VTX10R's all shipped out in the first couple days. Next shipment due to arrive tomorrow

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #363
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Where are PremiereHobbies located?
4wheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #364
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default Setup for 4.5 turn Mod TC

Well my sonís VTX10R is on the way, I down loaded the instructions and found the preset program for Mod Touring car is with no boost, do you have a setup to run a 4.5 turn with boost that we can start with.

Regards
Gary
Fantom Racing, JConcepts, Ace Hobbies/Reedy,
WTF, Plaig Bearings.
GSM Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #365
Tech Fanatic

Premiere Hobbies.
1663 Scotch Pine Lane Tega Cay SC 29708
704-491-2484
[email protected]

It's on their privacy policy section
Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #366
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM Storm View Post
Well my sonís VTX10R is on the way, I down loaded the instructions and found the preset program for Mod Touring car is with no boost, do you have a setup to run a 4.5 turn with boost that we can start with.

Regards
Gary
How big of a track are you guys running on that you need a 4.5 to be boosted ?? Check out this video, big euro onroad track, believe they actually run 1/5 on it. It's a long video, but check out around the 12:45 mark, our Hungarian driver Laszlo Kiss-Orban driving the green and white electric car running a VST 4.5 and VTX10R non-boosted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPmSw...layer_embedded

All the national/international level US races I've been to this year no one runs a boosted 4.5 or 5.0, and the cars already have way too much power for our own good. Give me a little more info what conditions you're running in and we'll get you set up

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 AM   #367
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

hey weylin, i want a vtx10...send me one.....now!!!!! lol....
will let you know when i get the motor...

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:46 AM   #368
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
How big of a track are you guys running on that you need a 4.5 to be boosted ?? Check out this video, big euro onroad track, believe they actually run 1/5 on it. It's a long video, but check out around the 12:45 mark, our Hungarian driver Laszlo Kiss-Orban driving the green and white electric car running a VST 4.5 and VTX10R non-boosted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPmSw...layer_embedded

All the national/international level US races I've been to this year no one runs a boosted 4.5 or 5.0, and the cars already have way too much power for our own good. Give me a little more info what conditions you're running in and we'll get you set up
Here is a picture of the track, all the guys in mod are running Speedpassion 2.0 ESC boosted, SXX TC V2 boosted and Hobbywing boosted, using anything from 4T to 5T motors, LRP X12, Speedpassion V3 and Fantom ION3.

We are running the Speedpassion 2.0 with 528 Mod software and Fantom ION3, 4.5 turn motor.

Regards
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!-brccctrack-nearmap.jpg  
Fantom Racing, JConcepts, Ace Hobbies/Reedy,
WTF, Plaig Bearings.
GSM Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #369
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
How big of a track are you guys running on that you need a 4.5 to be boosted ??
Not everyone runs in shoe boxes . This is an average size Australian track.
http://www.nearmap.com/?q=Adelaide%2...h&nmd=20110303

Many a stock motor died to bring you this information

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #370
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Not everyone runs in shoe boxes . This is an average size Australian track.
http://www.nearmap.com/?q=Adelaide%2...h&nmd=20110303

Many a stock motor died to bring you this information
Good lord, you guys also run shifter karts on that thing? Look at the cars in the parking lot compared to the track...
Wes Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #371
Tech Master

Damn. I'm Moving.

Alright then! Here is where I'd start for a VST 4.5/VTX10R boosted setup:

drive pwm freq - 12000hz
throttle punch - 50%

acceleration boost:
start rpm - 23,000
finish rpm - 50,000
max adv timing - 20*

top speed timing:
slew rate - 5*/1000rpm
max adv timing - 20*

Because the VTX boost function creates massive rpm, and the lighter the loading the more rpm it creates, we usually gear down an extra tooth or two for our boosted system. What sort of final drive are you guys running right now with your current boosted 4.5 setups? I expect you'll want to be around a 8.5-9.0.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #372
Tech Master

Default VTX10R costmetic quality issue

We have realized the first production run of VTX10R and VTX10R-Lite esc's suffer from a cosmetic problem on the plastic end caps and V-port housing. The factory did not catch the issue because it developed several hours after the esc construction was complete. This in no way affects the performance, function, or durability of the esc, but it does not meet our standards of high quality. If you have already received or ordered your VTX10R or VTX10R-Lite please send me an email at [email protected] to resolve or compensate the issue in the best manner for you. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and want to do right by our customers. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Please note the VTX10 and VTX10-Lite do not suffer from this cosmetic problem.

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #373
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
We have realized the first production run of VTX10R and VTX10R-Lite esc's suffer from a cosmetic problem on the plastic end caps and V-port housing. The factory did not catch the issue because it developed several hours after the esc construction was complete. This in no way affects the performance, function, or durability of the esc, but it does not meet our standards of high quality. If you have already received or ordered your VTX10R or VTX10R-Lite please send me an email at [email protected] to resolve or compensate the issue in the best manner for you. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and want to do right by our customers. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Please note the VTX10 and VTX10-Lite do not suffer from this cosmetic problem.

Thanks!
Doh, I should have read to the bottom of this thread before I PM'd you.

I recieved mine VTX10R from AMain yesterday. My first impressions are:
- The ProGuage is smaller than I expected, which seems like a good thing.
- It's a lot heavier than my Tekin RSes.
- Looks to be very solidly constructed. The box says it's waterproof. I'm not sure I'll test that, but I'd believe it.
- Solder posts look less annoying than Tekin ones, but it doesn't look like they'll let me run the wires flat across the top of the ESC. I'll have to see when I break out the soldering iron.
- It's going to be a tight fit on my Mi4LP with twin-point steering. I might have to kiss a servo ear goodbye.
- I'm really looking forward to being able to twiddle settings without pulling the wire from the receiver.

I'm going to be dipping my toes into mod this summer. What are good starting setups (FDR, wire gauge, esc settings, etc) for a Duo 3 13.5, in non-boosted and boosted? I've never driven anything faster than a boosted 17.5 before, so safe gearing and easy driveability are good to start. I'll be running at FastTraxNW, which is a fairly small outdoor track, not more than 100ft straight, probably less than that. Similar to H30, but possibly a hair more open in the infield.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #374
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smitty2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Doh, I should have read to the bottom of this thread before I PM'd you.

I recieved mine VTX10R from AMain yesterday. My first impressions are:
- The ProGuage is smaller than I expected, which seems like a good thing.
- It's a lot heavier than my Tekin RSes.
- Looks to be very solidly constructed. The box says it's waterproof. I'm not sure I'll test that, but I'd believe it.
- Solder posts look less annoying than Tekin ones, but it doesn't look like they'll let me run the wires flat across the top of the ESC. I'll have to see when I break out the soldering iron.
- It's going to be a tight fit on my Mi4LP with twin-point steering. I might have to kiss a servo ear goodbye.
- I'm really looking forward to being able to twiddle settings without pulling the wire from the receiver.

I'm going to be dipping my toes into mod this summer. What are good starting setups (FDR, wire gauge, esc settings, etc) for a Duo 3 13.5, in non-boosted and boosted? I've never driven anything faster than a boosted 17.5 before, so safe gearing and easy driveability are good to start. I'll be running at FastTraxNW, which is a fairly small outdoor track, not more than 100ft straight, probably less than that. Similar to H30, but possibly a hair more open in the infield.

-Mike
You won't have any issues getting the esc to fit in the car. I have mine in my xray with a little bit of space. I ran a tekin as well. It's the same size (maybe not exactly if you look by digital calipers.)

The R is also 20 grams heavier then the vtx10 which I like since these cars are so light.

good luck and have fun with your new Viper equiptment. You won't be disappointed

-DC-
Old 04-29-2011, 01:10 AM   #375
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i just ordered 2 vtx10's with progauge....1 for me and 1 for my mate.....
i cant wait......
can anyone tell me what the setting up of the esc's are like????? any pics please lol

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote