R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #241
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageboy69 View Post
when will the name be decided?
We have already made a decision and will be making the official announcement shortly once everything is ready

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #242
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive View Post
Just call it Viper
That would kind of be like having two first names

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #243
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

ok, i was just wondering because i threw some pretty good names out there to you guys lol
XB4 2017
savageboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #244
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageboy69 View Post
ok, i was just wondering because i threw some pretty good names out there to you guys lol
Thank you for your involvement There are many more things to complete before we simply announce the new name. We will do an official press release soon. Please be patient!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #245
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Has their been any testing with 1s like 1/12 or wgt cause all I hear about is testing for mod tc. Any spec testing?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #246
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
Has their been any testing with 1s like 1/12 or wgt cause all I hear about is testing for mod tc. Any spec testing?
We are revising the processor board in the 1s esc and will be testing new prototypes soon. We have already done the first phase of 1s testing but encountered a bec issue which is what we're fixing now. Of course the 1s esc also needs to adopt the new name so we have to create new logos, packaging, and cases. Many cool new things to come from Viper in the near future!

Old 03-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
You bet. Drivers, management and the engineers from overseas have met a few times recently and throughout the development stages to test spec modes, boost modes, etc.

Believe me, Viper is putting the majority of development time into spec testing.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #248
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Great weekend of racing for Viper at the WV State Championship @ ovrccc in Parkersburg. I qaulified 3rd and finished 2nd in 17.5 TC spec with the Viper motor and esc. 1st place went to Viper driver DC Smith he TQed and won with the Viper 17.5. My car had tons of rip coming out of turns was hooked up for sure no problems at all this was first time getting to use the esc and was very user friendly really like the Pro Gauge small and compact easy to hook up and use. Thanks to Weylin, Nick, and all the people at Viper for the support.

Team Associated TC6-Viper R/C Solutions-Sweep Racing-Fullthrottle Motorsports-APH
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
hpisims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #249
Tech Addict

mini, when will get to play with these new toys? please make sure im on the list.
rich
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #250
Tech Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
You bet. Drivers, management and the engineers from overseas have met a few times recently and throughout the development stages to test spec modes, boost modes, etc.

Believe me, Viper is putting the majority of development time into spec testing.
Yes 90% of our testing and development the last 3 months has been solely on spec/boosted classes. The equipment is running top notch. Andrew Smolnik took 2nd at the 2011 Cactus Classic in 13.5 4wd (open speedo - fully boosted) and 4th in 13.5 2wd (also open speedo, fully boosted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
mini, when will get to play with these new toys? please make sure im on the list.
rich
They are on the way Rich, you're on my contact list I'll let you know as soon as they're ready.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #251
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smitty2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpisims View Post
Great weekend of racing for Viper at the WV State Championship @ ovrccc in Parkersburg. I qaulified 3rd and finished 2nd in 17.5 TC spec with the Viper motor and esc. 1st place went to Viper driver DC Smith he TQed and won with the Viper 17.5. My car had tons of rip coming out of turns was hooked up for sure no problems at all this was first time getting to use the esc and was very user friendly really like the Pro Gauge small and compact easy to hook up and use. Thanks to Weylin, Nick, and all the people at Viper for the support.
Agreed. We had a very good weekend. I talked to Weylin today and found out that where I ended up on gearing was right in the middle of where he is telling you guys in this class. (stock spec 17.5) Wish I would have seen that sooner...lol The motor was def showing it's power as it TQ'ed by over 2 laps. Ran into some problems at the start of the event and had to play catch up to John Sims. And ended up being a 1,2 Viper finish and also being the only cars on the lead lap...

I also want to thank Weylin and Nick for the help as I had been in contact with Weylin alot and of course he was right there to make sure everything was PERFECT. And I beleive it shows that was the case.

Thanks,
-DC-
Old 03-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #252
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub View Post
Yes 90% of our testing and development the last 3 months has been solely on spec/boosted classes. The equipment is running top notch. Andrew Smolnik took 2nd at the 2011 Cactus Classic in 13.5 4wd (open speedo - fully boosted) and 4th in 13.5 2wd (also open speedo, fully boosted).

They are on the way Rich, you're on my contact list I'll let you know as soon as they're ready.
mini-dub, i sent you a p/m
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #253
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
mini-dub, i sent you a p/m
PM replied.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #254
Tech Master

Congratulations to DC Smith and John Sims on their 1-2 performance at the West Virginia State Championships! DC also took TQ in the class by over 2 laps. The VST 17.5 motors and VTX10 esc were running great. The class was non-boosted, DC ran a 3.56fdr. Way to get it done!

note - not sure why the picture is so small.. grab your magnifying glasses!

Old 03-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #255
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

So for the winning name do they get like stickers or something?
XB4 2017
savageboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote