R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #166
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21 View Post
Hey all I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I've been racing for over 20 years (yes I'm old but not quite old enough for masters yet) and am looking forward to a very productive 2011 with Viper horsepower and ESC's. I run basically every off road electric class there is, as well as on road sedan and 1/12th scale. Should have some goodies to start testing with this week and I'll keep you all updated on motor and speedo settings as I find sweet spots. Special thanks to Weylin Rose for giving this old guy an opportunity with a great up and coming company. I'll do my best to do you proud bud! Any questions from anyone please fire away, I consider myself very knowledgeable with mid motor 2wd buggy setups in particular, and all around setups as well. Currently I run a Cougar SV, Cat SX2, and Mi4cx for Schumacher, and in Short Course I run an XFactory SCX60 as well as a FTSC10. I also have a ton of programming experience on multiple speed control designs and absolutely cannot wait to start working with ours.
Like I said, any questions please fire away!
Welcome aboard, Joe! I'm looking forward to working with you and our entire team this year. I hope we can make Viper's first year on the race circuit a success!

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #167
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Will Viper R/C drivers be racing in any "boosted" classes at 'birds?
I will be running 17.5 boosted in touring car class. I will be using the vtraxR with 17.5 viper motor. Testing has been great. Just need to sort out some settings and find the sweet spot. I will also be running the Vtrax1 in 17.5 non boosted 12 scale. Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric Kim

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #168
Tech Regular

Down to days! 8 bodies painted in 2.5 days.......Check. Loss of brain cells needed for the birds due to paint fumes.............check. Lets get this started. I as I'm sure the other guys will keep the thread updated with how the Viper gear is running down there.

Team Kyosho, AKA Tires, COWRC, BOOMrc, Triton RC Engines, FTM Grip, Boca Bearings
steve downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #169
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would like to thank Weylin for putting me on the team I really look forward to getting started and putting in some good runs. I will be running TC 17.5 non boosted and boosted.

I would also like to wish everyone on the team good luck at the Birds.

Team Associated TC6-Viper R/C Solutions-Sweep Racing-Fullthrottle Motorsports-APH
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
hpisims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #170
Tech Fanatic

Does the motor temp cut off on the vtrax work with any motor or only the Viper motors?
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #171
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24 View Post
Does the motor temp cut off on the vtrax work with any motor or only the Viper motors?
The motor temp protection works through the sensor cable, and it will only work with other companies motors if they have a temp sensor built into them. Could anyone please share what other motors have a temp sensor built into them? I'm uncertain who else does

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
Old 01-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #172
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpisims View Post
I would like to thank Weylin for putting me on the team I really look forward to getting started and putting in some good runs. I will be running TC 17.5 non boosted and boosted.

I would also like to wish everyone on the team good luck at the Birds.
Thanks for your support John, welcome aboard

We'll see what we can get done at the birds! Looking forward to it. Gotta go spray up some lids now.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #173
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Go get em Weylin !
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub View Post
The motor temp protection works through the sensor cable, and it will only work with other companies motors if they have a temp sensor built into them. Could anyone please share what other motors have a temp sensor built into them? I'm uncertain who else does
Novak Ballistics have temp sensor.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #175
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Anyone have any setups for viper 17.5 with a tekin? Did some testing today but can't seem to find that sweet spot. I'm comparing it to a X-12 17.5.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
Anyone have any setups for viper 17.5 with a tekin? Did some testing today but can't seem to find that sweet spot. I'm comparing it to a X-12 17.5.
That would be boosted on a carpet track 90X40 using a rubber tire Touring Car.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #177
srv
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
PM sent. Please check.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #178
Tech Fanatic

i drop in the 17.5 motor 2night for the first time & the motor was very smooth.....(non-boost)........do this motor like more gear then other motor's??..only got 3runs on it 2night..need 2 do alil more testing...can anyone give me any tips on this motor.....thanks!!
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #179
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am also having a hard time finding the sweetspot for my 13.5 in a 1 cell WGT application with a Tekin as well. Any help you could give me would be great. I have a big race comming up and need to get this thing dialed.
phatoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #180
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Gearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
i drop in the 17.5 motor 2night for the first time & the motor was very smooth.....(non-boost)........do this motor like more gear then other motor's??..only got 3runs on it 2night..need 2 do alil more testing...can anyone give me any tips on this motor.....thanks!!
I'm running the 17.5 Viper and compared to a Ballistic or DUO 1 and 3, they seem to like gearing that is at least 2 teeth taller (64p) the Duo's and Ballistic I had geared at 3.7-3.8 for a Med-High bite carpet track vs. 3.5-3.6 for the Viper non-boosted blinky mode, that was with a Tekin RS-pro, SXX SS and now the Viper speedo. The Speedo has the same size footprint as the SXX SS, and responds extremely we to changes-not to mention the ease of programming. Hope that helps
arn671 is offline   Reply With Quote