Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Ko propo Esprit ll Lipo battery? Can it be done? >

Ko propo Esprit ll Lipo battery? Can it be done?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko propo Esprit ll Lipo battery? Can it be done?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Ko propo Esprit ll Lipo battery? Can it be done?

Hi people

I am looking to fit a small lipo battery in my Ko propo Esprit ll Type R as i am fed up of buying AA batterys all the time. Has anyoune done this? If so how? Pics would be great

King regards
Chris B
Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

is that a 27mhz AM or 40mhz FM transmitter with the proper radio aerial? i presume you have to put 8 AA alkaline batteries in it and if you put rechargeables in they really dont last very long? if so it is designed to work on 12v and the 3s lipo should be fine.. take the battery tray out, solder a new connector matching the one on your lipo to the leads which are originally soldered to the battery tray.. red to red, black to black. A turnigy lipo somewhere between 1200 and 1800mah should set you back about £15 on ebay. You may not be able to remove your battery tray in which case Turnigy also make a TX specific lipo which is designed to fit in the battery tray. Search for "Turnigy TX lipo" Alternatively, one of my friends bought 3 battery holders each of which take 3 AAAs and uses 9 AAA rechargeables instead of 8 AAs in a radio of similar vintage to yours - i used to run 9 batteries sat in my pocket on the end of a cable, back in the bad old days when even AA rechargeables only had 650mah compared to the 2700 of nowadays.

if it's 2.4ghz then imo it isnt worth putting a lipo in, 8 of the low self discharge, ready to use rechargeable AAs like the GP Recyko or Sanyo Eneloop are more advisable

Last edited by skree; 11-14-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I have had it converted to 2.4 so it may not be worth it, is that what you are saying? I did try some rechargeable batterys, but they didnt last 5 mins. I thought lipo was the way forward for everything now?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Try the Sanyo AA Eneloops, they're low self discharge and are not like ordinary rechargeable AAs at all.