Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LRP Pulsar Touch charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the balance boards for the touch charger will be available? I bought the ones that I thought were for the touch but they didn't fit, after closer inspection these boards are for the charger before the touch.

I hope they will be available soon.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

ttt
Old 12-14-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If I connect a brushed motor shaft-to-shaft say by a coupling to a brushless and sense the rpm with the pulsar by powering the brushed motor only, will this damage the brushless motor i'm using?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Tried one of these for the 1st time today, 1st impressions are good overall.. despite the initial disappointment of not getting a balance plug in the box

I had my LHS order me in 2 of these chargers, just a few weeks ago thinking that AE/LRP would have updated current inventory to at least have the new harness.

What is the procedure for getting one? Contact AE? I tried looking for one online but short of Europe you cannot find them.. I ended up making one, but would still like an original LRP harness.

Mine also has the old version 1.37 but I will update that this week.

I do have one question that I can not seem to figure out?

when I charge a 2S pack with the home made balance plug, the charger goes through the paces and beeps when done.. ( it says complete) but when I remove the the plugs from the battery to use it.. the charger displays "voltage balancer to high" message and keeps beeping until you hit the screen? Is this normal? It says "charge complete" but I am wondering if it?

any insight would be great..

Last edited by Korgae; 12-19-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Korgae,

Hope all is well up there in Canada. I was told that once AE gets the new ones with the balancer in they are going to "try" and send them to anyone that bought the original one without a balancer. They are working on a program for it I "think".

EA
Old 12-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Eric,

Good to hear from you... Things up here are going great, I opened a small carpet track here in my town, finally a place to test and race I will contact AE about the harness, if you hear anything 1st could you keep me in the loop? So I can get a couple of them.

Do you have any insight on my other questions, I know Reto reads this thread, but somehow my mind won't rest until I know the answer..

R/U balancing your packs every charge? Can you share your personal charging ritual with the touch?

thanks...

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Korgae,

Hope all is well up there in Canada. I was told that once AE gets the new ones with the balancer in they are going to "try" and send them to anyone that bought the original one without a balancer. They are working on a program for it I "think".

EA
Old 12-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

want to know if the Touch charge the lipo up to 4.22v or 4.20 for 1s and 8.44v or 8.40v for 2s like the pulsar 3??

thanks

Pace
Old 12-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Korgae
Hey Eric,

Good to hear from you... Things up here are going great, I opened a small carpet track here in my town, finally a place to test and race I will contact AE about the harness, if you hear anything 1st could you keep me in the loop? So I can get a couple of them.

Do you have any insight on my other questions, I know Reto reads this thread, but somehow my mind won't rest until I know the answer..

R/U balancing your packs every charge? Can you share your personal charging ritual with the touch?

thanks...

Korgae,

The last time I spoke to Eric, he was not balance charging his packs with the Touch as I called him about balancing as well and I'm also waiting for the correct balance plugs as well. I don't want to speak for EA but I'm like you I won't rest until I find out an answer as well. I left Reto a message regarding the Touch and it's balancing but have not heard back from him on this forum....

I called AE today and was told that for me (I need thunderpower connector) that the XH balance board connector should be in the next order from lrp to AE within the next two weeks. So hopefully you will get some answers as well.

I have been using my charger without balancing and eveything seems fine. EA just told me not to discharge the battery too low and I should be fine.....hope this helps.

Ronnie
Old 01-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody find someplace in the states that has the hall, temp, and balance connectors? I hate ordering online from out of country.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

New update v.1.44

Don't see any update notes ?

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/charge...ystem/details/
Old 01-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Just downloaded Version 1a44 from the Lrp Web Site, although I am having a problem loading the update to my charger.

I'm using the firmware application that had been available with download version 1.41, execpt i'm selecting 1.a44 while Using Win XP Pro.

Just inquiring if anyone else is having any issues, it loads to about 25% or step 9 then "Flash Reading Timeout".

Reto, Sean ............... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You Again !!!!

Last edited by Alex C; 01-14-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've had my eye on this charger for some time now and I wanted to peoples thought on it. Is this charger worth spending the $219 on it? I'm in the market for a new charger as the one i have doesn't charge my battery pack all the way. So any help would be great.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB.
I've had my eye on this charger for some time now and I wanted to peoples thought on it. Is this charger worth spending the $219 on it? I'm in the market for a new charger as the one i have doesn't charge my battery pack all the way. So any help would be great.
I think its worth every penny. Completely updatable, user friendly, has all the functions you need and more. I have two of them and really like them.

EA
Old 01-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I think its worth every penny. Completely updatable, user friendly, has all the functions you need and more. I have two of them and really like them.

EA
What he said ^
Old 01-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for your help guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.