Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I run the Orions. No complaints so far!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can anyone explain the difference between Savox SC-1267MG and Savox SC-1267SG?
Old 01-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I had to send one back for warranty(failure was my fault). NO questions asked it was replaced. Great customer service...
Old 01-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

I think it's the same servo...1267MG, but part number is 1267SG. Seems odd, but I think that's what it is.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

anyone intrested in the savox servos can pm me for pricing thru premiere hobbies can get u a cupon code for a discount also
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by advfuel
Well Im going to sit on the fence. This weekand I built a RC8Be with a Mamba Monster combo, spektrum receiver and a savox 1256TG servo. I couldnt even drive it due the servo glitching. Replaced it with a old Hitec and the problem fixed.
Then tried the same 1256TG Savox servo in my Xray 808 with a KO Pro receiver, Life receiver pack and it works fine, no glitching at all.

The reason for this is that the savox servos are a bit power hungry. Couple that with the mamba monster esc's built in bec and you end up with your current situation. The esc's bec supplies a constant voltage to the receiver which in turn is used to power the servo. When the servo draws more current than the esc can supply, the voltage supplied to the receiver starts dropping. When the supply voltage to the receiver drops too low, the receiver shuts down. The servo then stops drawing current from the esc which allows the supply voltage to come back up. The receiver then turns on again, and the cycle starts all over again.

The reason there's no issue with the receiver pack is because the battery can easily handle the load from the servo, hence no voltage drop.

An easy way to check if this is your problem is to watch the green light on the receiver, if it goes off while your turning the wheels, you found the problem.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The savox has a tendency to glitch with Spektrum and JR equipment only.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

There has been quite a few people who has had issues with the savox servos on just about every speedo out there. The fix is normally pretty easy. Just get a novak or spektrum capacitor and plug it into a spare port of the receiver. In some cases people had to install an external bec to power the receiver, but even that is still a relatively easy fix. This problem is not just confined to savox servos either.

The problem is mainly due to the fact that high power servos are drawing more current. And now that we're running these high powered servos in our electric cars, its showing up the limitations of esc's in terms of powering these high torque servos. And its also not the esc manufacturers' fault since they're trying to keep the esc size as small as possible too.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rampokker
There has been quite a few people who has had issues with the savox servos on just about every speedo out there. The fix is normally pretty easy. Just get a novak or spektrum capacitor and plug it into a spare port of the receiver. In some cases people had to install an external bec to power the receiver, but even that is still a relatively easy fix. This problem is not just confined to savox servos either.

The problem is mainly due to the fact that high power servos are drawing more current. And now that we're running these high powered servos in our electric cars, its showing up the limitations of esc's in terms of powering these high torque servos. And its also not the esc manufacturers' fault since they're trying to keep the esc size as small as possible too.
Exactly.

These servo's are worth their weight in gold. The price on them just doesnt seem right for the performance.

If you havent tried one, pick one up today!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bringing this back up.

Anyone running the high voltage Savox's in nitro buggies with LIPO unregulated? How do they perform?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TX_Punisher
Bringing this back up.

Anyone running the high voltage Savox's in nitro buggies with LIPO unregulated? How do they perform?

Thanks
Running the 1267MG and 1268MG unregulated in nitro 1/8 scale and love them.
Very smooth powerful servos, put my Hitec's in the box for backups!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-BATT
Running the 1267MG and 1268MG unregulated in nitro 1/8 scale and love them.
Very smooth powerful servos, put my Hitec's in the box for backups!
Good to know.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default SC-1267SG differences from old to new

Some interesting information on the Savox SC-1267SG servos. It seems they have changed thier shape. If you look where they would mount they would seem to be a bit short underneath but taller up above:

The one on left is from the one on my 1/8 buggy and the one on right is a brand new one.
Interesting.
It seems the older one had weird glitching problems after awhile of running, but newer ones seem fine.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnT
Some interesting information on the Savox SC-1267SG servos. It seems they have changed thier shape. If you look where they would mount they would seem to be a bit short underneath but taller up above:

The one on left is from the one on my 1/8 buggy and the one on right is a brand new one.
Interesting.
It seems the older one had weird glitching problems after awhile of running, but newer ones seem fine.
yep i think most of them went to that style. gives plenty of room underneth for hard slams and stuff. since they're taller on top though i had of the problem of the servo arm rubbing my body to the point i had to cut a slot in it cuz it looked funny moving the whole body and was wearing down the arm.