Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba Radio Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Futaba Radio Advice

I’m looking at buying a Futaba 3pks or a 4pk. Can any one give me the pros and cons between the two radios? Howe do they feel in your hand?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I didn't care for the feel of either the 4pk or the 3 (I use a DX3R and find it to feel fantastic) but the range is insane on the Futaba's, as in near 1/4 mile....

So it really depends on what you are going to use it for. If you're never going to be more then 500 feet away form your car then I would go strictly on feel as they all do the same things equally. If you are going to do speed runs or something you need big range for then Futaba just cant be beat.

Hope that helps a little
Old 08-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Never had a 4PK in my hand, but when I bought my 3PK, I tried everything that was on the market a couple of years back. There was no contest in my mind, it was 3PK hands down.

I improved the feel of mine even more by changing to a lipo battery.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The 3PK is a great radio, I bought mine when 4PKs were out overseas but not yet in the states. Im not looking to buy a 4PK, as I have enough with the 3. But if you want a top end radio with all the bells and witles, get the 4PK. Other than the KOPRRPO Eurus, the 4Pk is the newest radio. I've had a 4PK in my hand, the radio is very light and very balanced. It uses 4 AA bats. If you get the 3PK, get a lipo bat., it makes it so much lighter.