Wiki Posts
Search

Bang for buck radio gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Bang for buck radio gear

Whats the best bang for buck 2.4 system out there for around the $100 mark. Needs to be 2 channels minimum, have steering and throttle epa's, and of course a fail safe. Had been looking at the flyskys, but cant decide if I want to risk my money on the cheap units. I dont need servos, just a transmitter and reciever.

Cheers
Old 08-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

If ur interrested, i have a Sanwa MX-3 FG FHSS 2 for sale- used it maybe 10 times and Protection stickers stil on it. We can talk about the price thought, pm me- i have a pic too.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

All the major brand has entry level radios. It depends on what you are looking to do.

Spektrum and Futaba seems the most popular choice so finding additional used RX is much easier than compare to Kopropo, Sanwa, etc.

I am fairly certain all the cheap knockoff are probably very similar or if not the same as the major brand. They are probably OEM factories making them (but to a lower QA standard).

It also comes down to personal preference, I would get a transmitter that's comfortable to hold.

I have 2xKoPropo EX-5UR and I find them very comfortable and easy to use. Quality is very good, the only thing is the lack of Lipo support for the TX but I will eventually mod it. The 8xAA batteries does last me 2-3 race weekend, just makes everything heavy.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

no need to get fancy especially with the piss poor economy, pick up a SANWA MX -SPORT 2.4 $100 has all the functions youll ever need
Old 08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got a Futaba 3PM with R603FF receiver I could let go for 125 shipped. If you are interested. Used it on my Clodbuster and my Dual Hunter. I know you saqid 100, but I figured I would throw this offer out there.

-Disjaukifa
Old 08-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have the FlySky GT-3 system and I love it. 3 channels, 8 model memory, EPA, D/R, steering/throttle curves, lots of programmable buttons. It can be had for about $60 and it comes with one receiver (extra receivers are about $7). It's a Chinese system, but FlySky is a pretty reputable company.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got my hands on a associated xp3-ss 2.4 off of ebay for $46 with receiver. Probably the best budget radio I ever bought. I felt the I felt a bunch of different budget radios from major manufactures and this one felt a lot more solid. Tower sells them for about 90 brand new.