LRP SPX8 WITH LRP 2 IN 1 BEC HELP NEEDED >

LRP SPX8 WITH LRP 2 IN 1 BEC HELP NEEDED

LRP SPX8 WITH LRP 2 IN 1 BEC HELP NEEDED

Old 07-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default LRP SPX8 WITH LRP 2 IN 1 BEC HELP NEEDED

Ok....this is a long one...

I am attempting to run the LRP SPX8 in a 1/8 Off-Road Buggy with a 6 Volt Servo. Even though the instructions state that you don't need a BEC, I heard running without one can hurt your 6V servo in the long run. So I bought the LRP 2 in one BEC. The problem is the BEC unit has a place for the balance port....it only supports a 5 prong type. This is what you find with a typical 4 Cell 14.8V pack. I am running 2 x 2 Cell packs. These have the 3 prong balance connectors. So now I am wondering if I should wire these 2 x 2 cell packs balance ports together into 1 5 prong plug and connect it to the 2 in 1 LRP 5 prong slot. Also....which wires go where? The 2 cell packs have 3 balance leads....4 cell packs have 5 leads....so what goes to where? That leaves 1 extra lead. Also.....If I do this, where does the SPX8 switch lead go? When running without a BEC, it states in the SPX8 instructions that it should solder to the series bridge (between the 2 x 2 cell packs). This is how I have it wired now. Should this change when wired with the 2 in 1 LRP BEC? The 2 in 1 unit states that you should keep the switch off on the speedo and "On" on the BEC unit. Is this the same in a 2 cell x 2 packs orientation as well? Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You should be able to find an adapter that will convert your 2 x 2s balance leads into a single 4s lead

What type of batteries / balance connectors do you have ?

Does the LRP accept a certain type of balance plug ?

Assuming your esc has an lvc built in couldnt you just use a conventional external bec wired to the main esc / battery connector ?

I dont particularly like the idea of powering a bec from the balance leads, the small gauge wire is only suitable for small current flows

Cheers
Old 07-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I am using 2 x 5400mh Peak 2 cell packs. They have 3 pin balance connectors
The LRP 2 in one accepts 5 pin connectors only. Point noted about the current and balance leads. I already have the 2 in one unit because I thought it would work well with the LRP SPX8....guess it does...if you use a 4 cell. Anyone else have thoughts ? Any other ideas?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is the LRP connector a certain type (like jst-xh etc....) ?

Do they sell a connector with bare wires ?

Would be easy enough to make an adapter up yourself

Cheers
Old 10-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

If running 2 2s connect to middle wire between batteries.