Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
whats the best servos for losi 8ight 2.0 >

whats the best servos for losi 8ight 2.0

whats the best servos for losi 8ight 2.0

Old 06-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default whats the best servos for losi 8ight 2.0

well i got my losi 8ight and i see alot of people seem to get servos chewed up over time even my buggy high voltage 9100 fried in throttle so im wanting to try hitec? does hitec warranty like jr does because i dont wanna buy a 200 dollar servo from jr when hitec i can run hi viltage lipos and be cheaper so i was lookin at hi tec HS-7950TH fot steering and HS-7954SH for throttle?

heres the links for amain of the servos

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...a-Torque-Servo

THANKS for all the help
Old 06-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
well i got my losi 8ight and i see alot of people seem to get servos chewed up over time even my buggy high voltage 9100 fried in throttle so im wanting to try hitec? does hitec warranty like jr does because i dont wanna buy a 200 dollar servo from jr when hitec i can run hi viltage lipos and be cheaper so i was lookin at hi tec HS-7950TH fot steering and HS-7954SH for throttle?

THANKS for all the help
First off, Hitec's warranty service is second to none. Second off, you won't need it like you do with JR's.

As for the servos, I am running the 7950 for steering and 7940 for throttle. IMO this combo can't be beat. Hitec servos are the toughest, best performing servos on the market. I'm sure you will love them
Old 06-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
First off, Hitec's warranty service is second to none. Second off, you won't need it like you do with JR's.

As for the servos, I am running the 7950 for steering and 7940 for throttle. IMO this combo can't be beat. Hitec servos are the toughest, best performing servos on the market. I'm sure you will love them
thanks lol it true to i ran xray and any jr servo in an xray as throttle endpoints and all set a lil play in throttle linkage and all it blew but on steering no matter how bad my hi tec to a hit never had and issue then i put it in my losi truggy and slammed a wall after loosing a servo in throttle and it ripped the steering linkage out so i got it re threaded and works good but its a lil wore out now so im lookin for new servos thanks alot for the help every jr i had was dissapointing but hi tec is nice
Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

thanks lol it true to i ran xray and any jr servo in an xray as throttle endpoints and all set a lil play in throttle linkage and all it blew but on steering no matter how bad my hi tec to a hit never had and issue then i put it in my losi truggy and slammed a wall after loosing a servo in throttle and it ripped the steering linkage out so i got it re threaded and works good but its a lil wore out now so im lookin for new servos thanks alot for the help every jr i had was dissapointing but hi tec is nice

also jammin ur sig seems to me that u love ur losis i havent really got much time out of my buggy because of servos lol but how are yours doing for you at my local track alot of people run the rtr's and theres eat servos to and it just gets annoying when ur in the main and happen to be winning when all of a sudden u hit a jump and land just right and ur car just rolls its happen to me 3 times in a row twice it was before racing started just at practice thats when i seen jr was no good for the price and i noticed they do 3 year warranties for a reason lol
Old 06-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

i think im ganna buy these now that i got a good answer thanks jammin
Old 06-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

does anyone know if the hitech 7955tg can be run on 7.4 volts?
Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Check out Troy Built Models for your Hitec Servo needs!
I bought 2 HS-7950TH (listed on TBM site as TG, but i recieved TH) for $109 each, they had 154 of them in stock!
At 486 oz/in of torque at 7.4 volts and Hitecs great service, i may never have to buy another servo again! (i like to think so anyhow)
Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CTEKTOOL View Post
please check it out..

http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/ser...hs-7955tg.html
Old 07-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

THANKS for all the help
2 year warranty on Hitec servos.

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post

That truly is the best combo on the market.

Originally Posted by CTEKTOOL View Post
The guys here at the track have been running them that way for well over a year now......0 failures to date.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm looking at going hitec as well. Do most run the 7940 at throttle? I'm weary of speed servos at throttle in the losi...they seem to burn up quick. I think a torque one would last longer but i don't want a slow servo at throttle so its a catch 22. What is everyone doing?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
I'm looking at going hitec as well. Do most run the 7940 at throttle? I'm weary of speed servos at throttle in the losi...they seem to burn up quick. I think a torque one would last longer but i don't want a slow servo at throttle so its a catch 22. What is everyone doing?

I Run .15 on throttle with no issues so i wouldn't be too concerned.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Analog servos are the ticket for throttle duty in a Losi 1.0. But most want digital servos..so..
To many fanboys to "make" brand recommendations..but I would give the spectrum S6030 Digital Servo a look..278oz. cost is $84 at most hobby shops..
Old 08-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Analog servos are the ticket for throttle duty in a Losi 1.0. But most want digital servos..so..
To many fanboys to "make" brand recommendations..but I would give the spectrum S6030 Digital Servo a look..278oz. cost is $84 at most hobby shops..

Fanboys.... too funny