Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter >

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Old 05-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a question about the calibration.

I can enter in the service menu see raw value and all but when trying to calibrate (Middle-enter , left-enter and right enter then END for thottle and Middle-enter , forward-enter and backward-enter) I always get a ERR when trying to save it with BACK. I try on model 0 and also a model that was from factory. I tried also many order of calibration all result in ERR.

What im doing wrong ?
Old 05-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's really strange ... I do mine exactly like that. Usually it failas if you don't do all 6 positions. I'm not sure what else causes an err condition.

When I do mine I hold it left for abou 5 seconds, enter, middle, enter, hold to the right 5 sec, enter, let go of the wheel, press end to change to ch 2, pull the trigger for 5 seconds , enter, let go so it can center, 5 secs press enter, lift up (reverse) 5 sec, enter, let go of throttle completely, press back.

I just stepped through it again to make sure. I don't think the order matters either. For those that don't know the service menu we're talking is turn you controller on, turn the wheel holding it to the right and hit enter. You'll see digits representing the position of the controls. It basically re-calibrates left center and righ (or throttle). Handy if you take apart and the controls don't get put in exactly the same or something.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have the radio and it worked perfect for a month or 2. I than removed all electronics to clean the chasis for indoor racing. When I put it back in it would not work. When the truck run the check it was error. So I put stock back in and worked perfect. Tried the flysky again and still no go. I had a new receiver sent to me and still a no go any ideas?? Does it need to be reprogrammed???

Thank you
Old 05-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

you did not say if you did but did you try rebinding it
Old 05-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

all ya have to do is push bind button??? I know stupid question
Old 05-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

So I got a wierd problem with EXI Servos. The radio and reciever is a FlySkyGT3B. The servos twitch and move when the car is just sitting. I have adjusted all the endpoints, trim, etc also.

Could the problem be that while setting up the car I just grabbed a 4xAA battery case cuz I didn't feel like going to get my Life 6.6V pack. Maybe my laziness for not getting the Life pack is the whole problem.

My friend is running the same d226f servos in his D8 and Serpent with the same FlySky GT3B radio system and reciever with no problems. In fact these are the only servos he uses and have been on these servos for a whole season. He also uses 6.6V Life packs for the reciever power.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing
So I got a wierd problem with EXI Servos. The radio and reciever is a FlySkyGT3B. The servos twitch and move when the car is just sitting. I have adjusted all the endpoints, trim, etc also.

Could the problem be that while setting up the car I just grabbed a 4xAA battery case cuz I didn't feel like going to get my Life 6.6V pack. Maybe my laziness for not getting the Life pack is the whole problem.

My friend is running the same d226f servos in his D8 and Serpent with the same FlySky GT3B radio system and reciever with no problems. In fact these are the only servos he uses and have been on these servos for a whole season. He also uses 6.6V Life packs for the reciever power.

Any suggestions?
Are they new batteries? I know its a silly question but maybe there just to low. If it worked with your other battery it's gotta be you battery (unless something else happened) are batteries in transmitter just AA's
Old 05-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fixitrod
Are they new batteries? I know its a silly question but maybe there just to low. If it worked with your other battery it's gotta be you battery (unless something else happened) are batteries in transmitter just AA's
Batteries in Transmitter are regular AA and it shows voltage at 11.2V

The AA's in the reciever pack were brand new also.

Do you think a glitch buster would help out?

Last edited by All-Or-Nothing; 05-09-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wursterracing
all ya have to do is push bind button??? I know stupid question
You have to put the bind plug into the receiver first, power it on, then power on the transmitter while holding the bind button. Instructions are on page 9 of the manual. They refer to it as "matching."
Old 05-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mint

Hi guys, iv got one... It's prity good... It's one of the best tx iv used in a long time
Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is there anyone in NW Indiana closer than Beemer that does the updating?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Excellent thread! Lots of useful info and mods. Just got my stm8s card in the mail yesterday. Still need a servo extension, hopefully I can hit up an open hobby shop after work. Read through most of the thread last week. Anyone remember which page the firmware updater link is on?

Thinking about doing the wheel bearing mod also, was it a 12x8x2.5 bearing everyones using? It would be cool if the OP could edit the first post to add hotlinks to the importent pages on this long thread. Lol
Thanks all!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok new problem:

Ok I got one radio yesterday (new) from HP and I was able to use PSX's firmware generator to reprogram and it works great.

I got a replacement today for the one that I had having problems with only 1 direction of steering working. I tried to just flash it with my firmware from the one yesterday and the screen went blank.. I now have no power to it at all it seems. If I try to read the memory it reads just fine and saves a file, but with PSX's firmware generator it says that the firmware isn't able to be upgraded. I now have a new radio that will not turn on and is unable to be programmed.

Any help/solutions? This one is from China and I already had to wait a month for a replacement and really don't want to send it back or wait on another.

Thanks

btw I use the 3 pin cable w/pogo pins and the TX battery power. What if I went to 4 wires and used the power from the USB? I am stranded.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok so 4 wires made no difference.. I think I was able to brick a new radio
Old 05-10-2011, 01:14 PM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 99taws6
I got a replacement today for the one that I had having problems with only 1 direction of steering working. I tried to just flash it with my firmware from the one yesterday and the screen went blank..
Did You backup original firmware from this radio ? Maybe they changed something.
I now have no power to it at all it seems.
The power is there, it depends only on power button. You see nothing, because processor in the radio must write something to LCD and turn backlight ON to see something.
If I try to read the memory it reads just fine and saves a file, but with PSX's firmware generator it says that the firmware isn't able to be upgraded.
I looked to log file of my generator and if it was firmware from You, than it is full of zeroes (You can see it in STVP). There is no code there.
When You programmed this radio, was there any error ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.