Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter >

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

I love my lipo and i heartily recommend it over NIMH... I have done some duration testing showing that it takes 9h to discharge the lipos to 11.1 volt from a fully charged 2200mah pack... (and i got woken up at stupid o clock like 16 hours after starting the test by the LVA because i had forgotten to turn the battery off... Well longer then equivalent capacity NiMHs last according to test on the URC forum...)

Mods wise, you need to remove the battery tray, simple matter of removing some screws, snipping a few wires and soldering on your fave connector... I used deans myself... I got my battery on ebay for like 8 bucks... add anothter 20 cent in connectors (i use myself some knockoff deans which work well:P)
Old 04-04-2011, 07:35 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 305
Power on the TX, then simultaneously turn the wheel right and press the BACK button. This will clear all model memories. This does not effect the calibration settings.
Only one thing to this "reset to factory defaults". It needn't work for everybody, because there is test for raw value 901 and for example my full right-steer has only value 865 (but I can change it to arbitrary value now by modifying firmware ).
Old 04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

HAX:P So how much of the FW have "we" decoded now?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by csrcxd
I got one from wellqin which is located at the other side of the earth! That said, i did read several good reviews about the seller...
Well, I know wellquin, didn't buy there, but guys I know did, haven't heard about problems. Good price, but that free shipping is I suppose the cheapest one w/o tracking, so maybe longer delivery. Could take a week, but also 20 or more days. Depends on much factors.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by psx
Only one thing to this "reset to factory defaults". It needn't work for everybody, because there is test for raw value 901 ...
Yes, thank you for the amendment. But the tested raw value 901 isn't the same for all radios. My Eurgle GT3B has a wheel full-right raw value of 857 and the reset works. Maybe it depends on production series - using a slightly different pots, who knows.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FireFrenzy
I love my lipo and i heartily recommend it over NIMH...
Maybe I would be a little careful about using 3S LiPos. I have found some few notices about this, that some guys used the 3S and it fried the radio. The electronics of the radio uses 5V from a voltage stabiliser. Fully charged LiPo is somewhere close to 13V, so the 8V difference turns to excessive heat, which could damage the stabiliser. Better to look for a 2S LiPo and mod the firmware to the correct voltage warning value. As psx said to me, this warning voltage can be set from 7V.

Last edited by 305; 04-04-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Well if i fry it i'll be sure to let you guys know:P but so far it's all good And as i have said i have litterally run a pack through it from the full 12.6ish volts all the way down to 9 (because i was being dumb as a pole:P) and it all still seems to be working fine...

Now LiFePo might be a better idea granted, but my charger is massivly oldskool and cant handle those And besides i have always run my Tx's of non rechargable batteries specifically because they get higher voltages and lipo isnt much more "voltie" then those are...
Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Well if i fry it i'll be sure to let you guys know...
Now LiFePo might be a better idea granted, but my charger is massivly oldskool...
That frying isn't often, but it happens time to time - I only wanted ya folks to know about it. The LiFe is a good option. Using 3S LiFe could be OK, using a 2S LiFe could I think need to replace the voltage stabiliser for a low-drop one.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Well as i said i expect stuff to be fine, if i roast the voltage regulator i probably just install a new (and overkill) one , and maybe slam a fan on the thing:P
Old 04-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by csrcxd
Bad bad bad

Shouldve posted here and get opinions from you guys

I got one from wellqin which is located at the other side of the earth!

That said, i did read several good reviews about the seller, so hopefully i ended up with nothing worse than maybe longer wait time i'd say

As to the battery, I was considering some cheap NiMH, i mean, they're cheaper than LiPo generally. But I just realized that HobbyKing carries some really cheap low capacity LiPos compared to some Sanyo ones I was considering. What's you guys' opinion? Cheap LiPo or Expensive NiMH? I saw that GT3B came with charging port so I can charge it with battery in it with my iCharger maybe? I'd guess to do the same with LiPo i'll need to do some more modifications to the unit?

Would you mind sharing the seller's name Braaap?

Here you go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156
Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Well i just ordered myself the discovery tool kit:P If i require help iI will obviously come here to yell/whine...

Keep up the good work laddies!(i'm up in Scotland:P that;s slang for "guys/dudes/friends" rather then a typo:P)
Old 04-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

This voltage regulater on the left top in the photo that is used on the 2.4 modual runs to hot wonder if it would be a good idea to swap it out for a more beefy model.
Attached Thumbnails FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-zgtb.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

might be an option, another one would be standing it up a bit more (assuming there's room for such an option) or somehow rigging up some kind of venting to see if there's a way of getting some airflow going...

Or just fitting a fan to it;P (brute force solution FOR THE LULZ!)
Old 04-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by reptile
This voltage regulater on the left top in the photo that is used on the 2.4 modual runs to hot ...
That's what I was talking about. There is an option to mod the receiver for a 2S LiPo tu cut down the excessive heat produced by the stabiliser.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Well i just ordered myself the discovery tool kit:P If i require help iI will obviously come here to yell/whine... Keep up the good work laddies!...
I am on delay, should have received the kit yesterday, but Thursday is the final day now. So some toy to play over weekend
Hail to Highlands!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.