FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter >

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Old 09-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
x2!!!LOL!!I am going to be pretty bummed if the LED keychain is better than the radio it came with LOL!!.
And pictures!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disjaukifa
And pictures!
+1 on the pics
Old 09-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

don't forget pictures of the led keychain too!!!

as for the quality, feel etc.. i don't much like the look of the rubber around the wheel... that looks like one to be swapped with some tactile foam, +1 on the arm.. that does look kinda fragile.. but a bit of shoe goo or thick ca/epoxy should help that out.. rubber bands or bodged springs to adjust the spring tension, and a tennis bat grip on the handle (stops sweaty tx hand syndrome)... job's a goodun... been doing this stuff to el cheapos for years, it seems

if the actual working of it is any good the above mods are a small price to pay for the function : price ratio imo.. are we pros or are we noobs? For me at least, a good portion of the enjoyment (and a lot of my smugness.. lol) comes from getting cheap stuff and making it "as good as" expensive stuff

good job getting preliminary reviews up guys, keep em coming

Last edited by skree; 09-11-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK, since you guys couldn't wait, I went ahead and modded it for my lipo TX pack. Luckily, I didn't even need to tear it completely apart. I just removed the three screws in the grip/base and was able to pry it apart enough to yank out the battery tray. There was just barely enough slack on the wires to crimp on a servo connector. Plug in the batt, power it up, and it works. Took a couple tries to bind it to the receiver in my M03, but I think that's mostly because I didn't bother reading the instructions. It finally worked when I turned the car on first (with bind plug in place), then turned on the TX and started bind mode.

The menu system is not too bad. It's a lot easier to figure out if you pretend the "end" button actually says "next", because that's it's real function. Other than that, it's all fairly intuitive.

The display is quite nice - indoors at least. For reasons I cannot possibly imagine, they used the wrong type of display for outdoor visibility. They should have used a standard reflective LCD with an LED frontlight. Instead, the matrix is backlit with reverse (white) segments, and you cannot really see the display at all without the backlight. It's not a particularly bright backlight, so I suspect the display will be pretty much invisible in direct sunlight. In the first pic, the backlight is actually on, but is completely washed out by the camera flash. You can still see the lower part of the display if you hold it at just the right angle, but the printed-on menu options at the top are invisible without the backlight. The second pic was taken without the flash so you can actually see everything.

Overall, I'm not sorry I bought it. It looks a hell of a lot nicer than the regular GT3, and has a lot more functionality than the GT2 I already have. Definitely worth the $75, but it's still frustrating that it could have been even better if they'd just used the right type of LCD.

I was wondering about the "arm" that holds the wheel my self.It looks like it may be very easy to make it adjustable forward or back on the radio housing.
Well, you could remove the two screws, remove the arm, then drill two new holes elsewhere on the controller and re-attach the arm there. It would look ugly as sin, but technically it should work.

PS - I didn't get an LED keychain
Attached Thumbnails FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-gt3b-1.jpg   FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-gt3b-2.jpg  
Old 09-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

I appreciate very much your efforts on our behalf. Nice review. Gutted that you didn't get the keychain torch though you must be distraught. Console yourself with some bashing?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

alright things are looking on the upside.I woke up this morning to a shipping confirmation from Force Control, so they do have them on hand and theyare shipping!!YEAH!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Yippee!!, Yaaay, w00t w00t and other such expressions of glee

all we need now is a review on range, immunity from interference by other radios such as the GT2 (which reportedly interfered with the old GT3.. but GT3 didnt interfere with 2) and performance in driving

I'll be super smug for many weeks if this turns out good lol, thanks rctech folks
Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skree
Yippee!!, Yaaay, w00t w00t and other such expressions of glee

all we need now is a review on range, immunity from interference by other radios such as the GT2 (which reportedly interfered with the old GT3.. but GT3 didnt interfere with 2) and performance in driving

I'll be super smug for many weeks if this turns out good lol, thanks rctech folks
a running comparrison with the GT2 is the first thing I will be testing.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

a running comparrison with the GT2 is the first thing I will be testing.
Looking forward to it.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

found a vid on utube, it's in russian but shows this tx binding to the cheap HK RX, and gives a good sizing scale, this radio doesn't look much bigger (if at all) than the GT-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1a-2Ryl3pA

first vid there is on it
Old 09-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nice thanks for the link!

-Disjaukifa
Old 09-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

waiting is the absolute worst part about ordering from overseasBut soooo worth it if your not on a time line and want to save a few bucks.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

found a vid on utube, it's in russian but shows this tx binding to the cheap HK RX, and gives a good sizing scale, this radio doesn't look much bigger (if at all) than the GT-2
I am actually hoping the 2.4 ghz processor in the GT3B is the same as the one in the GT2. Since I narrowed the interferance problem with the GT3 down to the out board 2.4 ghz module( outlined in the GT3 thread) I do not expect this to be a problem with the gt3B. The module in the gt3 seemed to be "fighting" for signal when ran with another flysky system.But the GT2 ran flawlessly when ran with another flysky system.Pretty funny that the baseline system is bullet proof and the GT3 was glitching like crazy.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

that'd be pretty cool if it is the same processor.. lets face it if this new radio is as solid and as responsive as the GT2 it'll be the best value "advanced" radio there is.. certainly for dedicated bashers.. be interesting to see how it stacks up against the really high end stuff for racing

would like to have some measurements of the battery compartment with the tray removed, or pictures of it with and without the tray.. got a pack here that only just fits in my big ol 27mhz radio
Old 09-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

that'd be pretty cool if it is the same processor.. lets face it if this new radio is as solid and as responsive as the GT2 it'll be the best value "advanced" radio there is..
EXACTLY. I was kinda hoping that is the case since the GT2 seems to be unglitchable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.