Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter >

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Old 03-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I put 0.6.1 on a new GT3B a few weeks ago and I have the same issue. Adjusting expo on channels one and two will also change the center point and I have to adjust the trim to compensate. You can watch the wheels turn as you change channel one expo and the car will drive away as you change channel two expo. I have not determined if end points are moving as well or if it is just the center. Expo did not work at all with orginal firmware.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Been reading about range issues with the GT3B and it seems most people have a problem with the receivers, but I've got an issue with the transmitter.

I have a couple of these setups and multiple GR3E receivers. The transmitter I bought new, works fine with any receiver.

The used transmitter that I bought has a weird issue where it loses all range, led on the receiver flashes. Yesterday I had the car a good 50m or more away. I drove the car back to me and suddenly it wouldn't respond unless the transmitter was in a couple of feet. THis is typical behaviour - works fine sometimes and then won't work more than a foot or two away. When I got home I powered it up and it played up for a while, then started working ok and then started playing up again.

I have had it apart (and I think someone was there before me), found the antenna wire not looking so great, so I re-soldered it according to a thread on here, made no difference. It behaves the same way regardless of which transmitter is used (all in different cars). Original firmware, new batteries..

I suspect the answer is going to be its best off in the bin, but I figured it was worth an ask.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I used to have 2 of these radios that my daughter and I used for indoor carpet racing about 4-5 years ago. Never had any problems. I was thinking about getting new one with more receivers. Are these reliable still and are they allowed at tracks? I think I read that they mess up other racers radios.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

I still use a GT3B for my basher cars.
I'm looking at it right now.
Upgraded to a Futaba 4PLS a while ago, for my 'top tier' cars, but the GT3B is still 100% reliable and sees regular use.
Whenever I buy a car and fix it up to flip to make a few bucks, I'll always add a GT3B to it, to make it RTR, 'cause I know that radio is going to be trouble free and have enough features for just about anyone.
This LIPO works well in it, too...
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-and-3pks.html
Old 08-17-2018, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks. I have a 3PV but I just got 3 more cars so trying to be sure the gt3b was ok still. Seems as though I read people didn't like them at the track. Never experienced anything wrong back in the day. For $30, I'll get 2 or 3
Old 08-30-2018, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fs gt3b

Redcat rcr2c receiver works with this radio
Old 04-27-2019, 03:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Motors not working on channel 2

Hello,

New to the forum and hobby so please be patient. I have a bit of a strange problem with my electronics that I start to think is linked to the transmitter and I was hoping for some help.

I have the GT3-B with 0.6.1 on it. I also did the regulator mod. I have been pairing the transmitter with either a 3 or 6 channel receiver (FS R3B and R6B). I am combining this with cheap micro ESCs to covert a Basher Rocksta to dual esc with dig.

The issue I am observing is that the motors wonít turn when plugged into channel 2 of the receiver but will when plugged into channel 1 (using the steering wheel to provide throttle). I am certain that channel two isnít broken since steering servos work just fine using it. The behaviour is the same with the 3 and 6 channel receiver and I also tried it with two different ESCs.

I have verified that end point adjustment etc. is identical between channel 1 and 2.

Any advise?

Thanks,
Nillle

Old 06-29-2019, 08:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default VRC pro no adapter required gt3b and gt3c

Donít know if anybody writing about this but i found a way to get fs gt3c and gt3b working without adapter on pc

1. Get audio cable its also know as aux cable 3.5mm dsc bullets and cut it open expose wires inside!

2. Get a micro usb and cut and expose wires inside you just need micro usb side remember you need lengh!

3. Connect yellow wire from audio cable to white wire from micro usb! The rest of the wires from both cables connect together! You should have to cable strands now yellow with white, and all other cables together!

4.now download vjoy and smartpropoplus

5.open smartpropoplus and connect audio cable to microphone jack on computer and the microusb to your transmitter! Program should detect microphone connection now!

6. Make sure in program you click up top where it says transmitter then select under PPM the option that says standard! You now should have a working controller!

7. Now open VRC Pro and go to options and control options and select vjoy it should be working!

8. No need to calibrate just use trim buttons on transmitter just like real life!

9. Enjoy the game and practice!
Old 08-09-2019, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

I just finished up an SCX-10 for taking to the mountains camping with us and couldn't imagine taking my race radio to let the grand kids play with in the dirt, etc... Low and behold, I remembered the FlySky radios. Grabbed up a gt3b and couldn't be happier. For $37 the range is excellent. Binding was a snap and it tuned and adjusted well. Very pleased.