FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter >

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Old 12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
Is anyone else using the King Max 3s 2200? Just got mine and its a really tight fit. I removed the old battery tray and I can get the cover to slide on but it's in there pretty tight. I guess ok. Hope this lipo don't puff or my radio is gonna break apart like a fat persons pants at a buffet. LOL No offense to big people.
well I am using it an I believe many others are too. As you can see in the pics(look on page 200) it isn't that hard of a fit.

Originally Posted by crlock
so i bought this radio for 53 bucks and free shipping nice
i did it to replace the stock 27 mhz radio that came with my mini trophy. i just like to bash a lot. can i expect a good performance from this radio?
The radio will perform even better than your stock radio!

Originally Posted by mac112
Hi,

Can anyone help me on this one. i ordered the hack kit from overkillrc.com. they sent me a e mail saying to download the flashware, i wanted the 3ch version. Well when i clicked the link they sent me in the e mail, a message poped up saying windows does nor know what format to use, it had a s19 error, said to use file cure. well that is going to coast another 29 bucks. Any one had this problem when trying to download the firmware.

Mac112.
Try on page 200. Theres a link there to the page that has all the firmware. I believe it is under Custom Firmware. Just save the file as all files with the extension of the file as .s19
Old 12-07-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

working on a li-ion battery pack that fits in stock AA battery tray - 11.1v 1200mah using cheap 3rd party cellphone batteries, with on board charging and balancing
Old 12-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy

Last weekend I finally gave up on my GT3b: it's just not made for touring cars. I have hacked my radio and I'm running the 3 channel 0.4.1 build on it. I had not been able to make the transmitter really work for me. It is hard to describe my issues, but steering was just terrible. It seems to be both laggy and twitching at the same time.

So last weekend some much more experienced friends tested it with my car and their complaint was that it had way too much lag. After that I changed back to my Futaba 2PL FHSS (not a high end radio btw.) and my lap time dropped from 16s to 14.5s. For some reason, when I test the transmitter on a table with a fast servo, it seems ok compared to the Futaba. On the carpet, with the Xray T2, it's awful - I'm a danger to all the other drivers!

I think I will still put the original software back to the radio and test touring with that, but then I will lose all the awesome features of the 0.4.1 software, so ... Anyway, it's been exciting to hack the thing, but I guess I have to sell it to a crawling driver or something. If any of you have any ideas of what I could try, I'm open to any suggestions.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have one hacked and am getting a DX3r soon. I will probably do some type of comparison.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone have an issue with their steering not working if your throttle endpoints are to high and you are giving it max throttle.

Basically, my throttle endpoints are 95%, if I go 96% or up my steering will not respond if i am giving it full throttle.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey, can anyone help me? I'm new to this radio and i need some help adjusting. I want to know how to adjust the end point adjustments for the my throttle servo since my revo gives itself throttle sometimes. Whenever, i try to adjust the epa by the menu, it just changes the steering servo not the throttle servo. How do i make change the throttle servo, not the steering servo? Any help? Thanks!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losikid67
this is just a thought, not tested.

If you set CH 2 Reverse EPA To 0%

Turn on DIG mix to channel 3, at 0%
This is how
long enter on epa,
scroll to (d) DIG,
press enter
scroll to 3
press enter
scroll to 0
Press and hold enter.
press back and end a few times (I can't remember which one )

Then turn EPA for CH 3 so pulling on the trigger (fwd) doesn't move brake servo

Plug th servo into ch 2
and brake servo into ch 3

This should work...its my best guess at how todo it.
Alright... Just tried this out today after long wait for parts... I do not seem to understand what "long enter" means... I tried pressing and holding the enter button, but it doesn't seem to to anything.

I just want to let you know that I do not have the " hacked version.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

@ I Wheelie a lot: Go to the End point menu. Enter it and once you see the flashing "1", turn the dial and move it to "2". That should be your throttle servo. Press " End" on the radio to go to the value and change it as needed.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bugger234
I just want to let you know that I do not have the " hacked version.
You guessed right - long enter means press and hold enter.

I think you need to have a custom/hacked firmware to access the above functions.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eddomak
You guessed right - long enter means press and hold enter.

I think you need to have a custom/hacked firmware to access the above functions.
Well, how would I access this firmware?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bugger234
Well, how would I access this firmware?
Fortunately there's a (short, concise) thread for that...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...ch-thread.html

The people who made it possible are also regular readers of this thread, so I'll leave the rest to the pro's.

I bought the parts 3 weeks ago to do it myself (as opposed to sending it to someone to do it for me) and it has been well worth it.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eddomak
Fortunately there's a (short, concise) thread for that...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...ch-thread.html

The people who made it possible are also regular readers of this thread, so I'll leave the rest to the pro's.

I bought the parts 3 weeks ago to do it myself (as opposed to sending it to someone to do it for me) and it has been well worth it.
Alright. Thanks!
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

After I flash the firmware do I need to rebind each model? I hav'nt been able to test it yet because i'm waiting on some new esc's.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by elex300
After I flash the firmware do I need to rebind each model? I hav'nt been able to test it yet because i'm waiting on some new esc's.
I don't know what the official line is here, but after I did a reflash I didn't need to rebind with each of my 3 receivers.

Good news for me, because my mini Summit's receiver was in a sealed receiver box which is a pain to get to.

Cheers!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

@elex300

I did not have to rebind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.