Old 08-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Prophet

anybody else know what else i can do ?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
anybody else know what else i can do ?
If you are working with PSX's firmware, you can try increasing the throttle dead-band on the radio and then recalibrating the speed control.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by beemerfan
If you are working with PSX's firmware, you can try increasing the throttle dead-band on the radio and then recalibrating the speed control.

dont i need a diffrent program computer chip for that ?

i have the throttle trim at 0' and im pretty sure channel 2 on the servo reverse goes to the throttle right ?

Last edited by tc5 man; 08-07-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skree
how have you guys been taking the sticky labels off to dismantle the tx? i would like to be able to put at least some of them back on so i don't want to rip them up or anything, thought about picking the edge off with an xacto. It's cheaper for me to order the traxxas bearing in from the US than get it in the UK and i'm going to do the works in one go so i only have to take it apart once
Just order a generic bearing of the right size on ebay or something.. it doesn't need to be the traxxas one, or rubber sealed for that matter (unless you take your transmitter swimming).
Old 08-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default FS-GT3B bad!

I receive my gt3b in the mail the other day. Hooked it up today. and.... Big disappointment! or im just having bad luck? I am having a few problem with this system.

First of all: after I hooked up the gt3b, my alignment/steering is way off and I cant fix it on the trim? It turned my wheels all the way to the right and even when i set the trim more to the left, its still off. Anyone encounter this? I guess ill have to adjust the arm on the servo.

Secondly, It glitches when I throttle and seems like it keeps going into the "failsafe" mode? As soon as the rc takes off about 15-20ft, my whole esc, motor n everything shuts down. This is weird and I've never had anything like this happen. Also, right when the rc shuts down, it makes a loud grind noise from the motor like the spur gear grinds. *NOTE: I havent even setup the failsafe mode yet. All this happen when I plug n play.

Im running this on a Brushless Dynamite fuze 6800kv, Hitec HS-645MG, and the FS-GT3B. I dont have a lipo charger at the moment so I tested with my 3000mah nimh.

Overall, the controller is very nice and I like it a lot. Its just that, its not accepting me.

Help/advice please?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FastHPi
I receive my gt3b in the mail the other day. Hooked it up today. and.... Big disappointment! or im just having bad luck? I am having a few problem with this system.

First of all: after I hooked up the gt3b, my alignment/steering is way off and I cant fix it on the trim? It turned my wheels all the way to the right and even when i set the trim more to the left, its still off. Anyone encounter this? I guess ill have to adjust the arm on the servo.

Secondly, It glitches when I throttle and seems like it keeps going into the "failsafe" mode? As soon as the rc takes off about 15-20ft, my whole esc, motor n everything shuts down. This is weird and I've never had anything like this happen. Also, right when the rc shuts down, it makes a loud grind noise from the motor like the spur gear grinds. *NOTE: I havent even setup the failsafe mode yet. All this happen when I plug n play.

Im running this on a Brushless Dynamite fuze 6800kv, Hitec HS-645MG, and the FS-GT3B. I dont have a lipo charger at the moment so I tested with my 3000mah nimh.

Overall, the controller is very nice and I like it a lot. Its just that, its not accepting me.

Help/advice please?
Yeah, the trims dont go very far as standard, you'll need to properly mechanically centre your servo with the servo arm then even out any slight deviation with trim - their correct method of use. This, amongst other reasons, is why psx developed a firmware flash or 12, and why we upgrade to it.

Sounds like your failsafe mode is default full brake. What i suspect is happening for your shutdown issues is the overall voltage of your NiMH battery is dropping under hard acceleration to the point your rx/servo cannot function properly and the failsafe, defaulted for nitros, is hitting the brakes hard. I strongly suspect it isn't the radio's fault at all, it's just showing up that you plug and played it on a nimh battery with a high kv brushless motor with a servo that needs centering properly (the garbage in, garbage out rule applies).. Either using a lipo or an RX voltage protector and straightening that servo out should solve your problems.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

As said already center the servo arm. Also check your ESC, you might have a NiMH setting that might help the shutdown problems.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Prophet

update well this radio just does not seem to want to work right on my 1/8 e truggy esc, even though everything is a 0 and 100%. it just doesnt seem to read the settings on my "castle mamba monster esc" i got it to go but as soon as i ran it on the road it was slow as hell .

I think theres something up with the receiver .

so as soon as i hooked up my futaba 3pk and speckum receiver everything is fine now.

So il just use this radio on a diffrent car and see.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

So far so good with this radio. No trim issues. No mysterious glitches. Just having such a big display that's near useless, but then it was only $35!!! Definitely beats using a 2nd hand ugly Traxxas thing.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
update well this radio just does not seem to want to work right on my 1/8 e truggy esc, even though everything is a 0 and 100%. it just doesnt seem to read the settings on my "castle mamba monster esc" i got it to go but as soon as i ran it on the road it was slow as hell .

I think theres something up with the receiver .

so as soon as i hooked up my futaba 3pk and speckum receiver everything is fine now.

So il just use this radio on a diffrent car and see.
"Going slow" has nothing to do with the TX/RX.. did you actually calibrate the ESC to the transmitter? I use this radio perfectly fine with my mamba monster in the e-revo.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Arakon
"Going slow" has nothing to do with the TX/RX.. did you actually calibrate the ESC to the transmitter? I use this radio perfectly fine with my mamba monster in the e-revo.

yea i did calibrate it but its not accepting full throttle or the punch and the brakes are hitting real hard .

like i said as soon as i connected my old radio it accepted everything full throttle, punch everything else.

im not crazy man lol.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

is your expo set? sounds like you've got an expo value on there if the throttle is weak and the brakes come on super hard
Old 08-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Well, I thing my GT3B is toast. I tried running my spec touring car Saturday & it seemed to have no range. It would glitch terrible at the far side of the track, the run away, which was only 50' or so. It also burned up an expensive esc in the process. I hope it didn't fry my pt too. Won't know for 2 weeks. I also think it did a number on my lipo too. Went to storage charge it & one cell was at 4.00v, and the other was at 3.75. I'll see if the FMA can fix it.
I changed everything out in the car, esc, receiver & servo. Same results.
Tonight I pulled out a GT2 that has had no use at all since I bought it, and binded it to the car. Went up the street to test it out, and had no problems whatsoever.
So I don't know if the 9.9v liFe pack's not supplying enough voltage, or if the switching rge is not doing its job.
I'll keep playing with it to see if I can figure out something, but I won't be racing with it until I do.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by losikid67
I got a friend, ill get us some skins
Yo get someone on that, I'm in for some skins!

BTW I purchased the hack kit and LOVE IT, thanks for putting everything up in one place. ^_^
Old 08-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by skree
is your expo set? sounds like you've got an expo value on there if the throttle is weak and the brakes come on super hard

il check it again but im pretty sure its at, "0" just like on my old radio with the expo and throttle speed at 0 in it takes off good and has full throttle the brakes work fine in our smooth.

Last edited by tc5 man; 08-08-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.