FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter >

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Default New firmware release

Hi,
I released new firmware version 0.2.0 to new weekend . As middle number changed, config is not compatible and all config will be lost. It is at the same place as last time https://github.com/semerad/gt3b/tree/master/Releases .

Summary of changes:
- added 4WS mix
- added DIG mix
- added steering speed (Turn, Return)
- added inactivity alarm
- added function C3R for keys to reset channel3 value to centre

4WS and DIG (for 2 ESCs) mixes are done probably differently from other radios, but I consulted it with losikit67 and he will probably try if it is usable this way .
Also added that C3R reset as was requested in previous posts, so select step 200 for trims and assign function C3R to CH3 key (key id "C").
Old 06-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fixitrod View Post
I know from experience that if thosepins are shorted at all the unit won't turn on until the short is removed. If you do have a short you may get lucky that nothing fried. That component is the voltage regulator. With 8 AA's even the voltage bleeds or drains off and creates heat to bring it down to 5v. but try reheating your solder joint to reflow that solder and it may come on.

It's likely you have a unit that has problems. Somebody's bound to get one someday... Lol

EDIT...
I just looked at the pic with the over heated solder joints... Ouch. Trace those 3 leads and you may find the issue.

EDIT 2...
Those pins are the display. They go to the big IC chip in the center after hitting c1 and r8 and the last of the 3 looks to be ground through the board. Maybe some loose solder made it to the pins right there or to the pins on the IC chip. Those solder joints that look repaired are actually normal. Some are flat and some are not... And it's random almost like they are right on the border on the temp that makes the solder flow properly in production.
I noticed the same thing but didn't have my radio apart to confirm the connections. I was wondering if they went to the regulator. There are scorch marks on the heatsink for the voltage regulator too, so that part of the pcb is "highly suspect" to say the least.

Since the regulator was warm, that means a short is still there and it didn't burn into an "open" yet. However, the traces near those bad solder joints look burnt too and may be open? There could be more than 1 short on this radio.

The more I think about it seems that work was not done by a production line technician, as they do it all day, every day, and their work is usually better than that. They also have the proper tools, and this looks like it was done with too large/hot an iron based on those scorch marks....

All that being said I would not scrap this radio, I'm betting it is OK once the short is found and those traces verified. Simple work for someone with a multimeter and some experience with this kind of stuff. I'm happy to look at it if you want to ship it too me and aren't in a hurry, although I suspect you might find a friend locally that would be able to help as well. I am not a technician but have some experience building up and troubleshooting circuits. PM me if interested in any help from me.

Rgds,

Joe
Old 06-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Wink

Here are some of my modifications

This shows a piece of grip tape on the top of the radio. So i can depress the on/off button with two fingers without it squirting away from my grip.

This shows an on indicator led on top and some for fun on the end.

Last edited by latenight; 06-13-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Hi guy's i am wanting to put a flysky 2.4 modual in my beloved airtronics caliber 3PS radio but how would i find what pins are needed to use the 2.4 or is it even posible with this radio?
see photos
any info will be great
THANKS
Attached Thumbnails FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-ztx-002.jpg   FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-ztx-003.jpg  
Old 06-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks a million for Fixitrod and PSX for the firmware. And of course QuangVuong for the tutorial.

Originally Posted by fixitrod View Post
I had nothing to do with the firmware. I just load it up like everyone else. Quang voung helped me early on and PSX did the website and complete new creation!!! I'm not that smart... Lol. Well, I don't know code like the code monkeys that's for sure! I will offer help when I can or I'll take a stab at an answer if nobody has a solid answer. Please know... PSX did the amazing work with the firmware.
Oops, I forgot the comma. It should have read: Thanks a million for Fixitrod, and PSX for the firmware. And of course QuangVuong for the tutorial.

Thanks in any case. You got me through the confusing part.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by psx View Post
Hi,
I released new firmware version 0.2.0 to new weekend . As middle number changed, config is not compatible and all config will be lost. It is at the same place as last time

Summary of changes:
- added 4WS mix
- added DIG mix
- added steering speed (Turn, Return)
- added inactivity alarm
- added function C3R for keys to reset channel3 value to centre

4WS and DIG (for 2 ESCs) mixes are done probably differently from other radios, but I consulted it with losikit67 and he will probably try if it is usable this way .
Also added that C3R reset as was requested in previous posts, so select step 200 for trims and assign function C3R to CH3 key (key id "C").
Followed everybody's tips to date.
I just downloaded and installed your 2.0 firmware from github. After saving my virgin TX settings, I only programmed the current tab aka program memory. Hope that was correct.
Putting the radio back together now. Thank you for your efforts. Amazing.

Last edited by Wuudogg; 06-11-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: works
Old 06-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

i have my LED in my radio.
Attached Thumbnails FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter-radio.jpg  

Last edited by bosco72; 06-16-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up happy days

Thanx psx for the new FW should be some happy crawlers out there cant believe what capabilities my $28 radio now has.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

With your revised firmware, is it possible for a 3pos switch for channel 3?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:20 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by QuangVuong View Post
With your revised firmware, is it possible for a 3pos switch for channel 3?
I didn't tested it, but it can be working from previous firmware version already. Just map CH3 button to function CH3 and set it as MOMentary
Old 06-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

Do you mean map it as CH3 trim? Can that switch be used?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey all, installing this with a castle sct system and I cannot seem to get them to connect together. Any tips? Thanks!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

I didn't tested it, but it can be working from previous firmware version already. Just map CH3 button to function CH3 and set it as MOMentary
i have a new 3b on the way (gave my other one away, and he won't give it back

It should be here wednesday, i have the programmer and stuff ready to go. So hopefully late this week i'll have 3 pos, dual esc, and 4ws all tested. next week i'll work on a diy how to mod the 3rd channel for 3 pos, and i have a few other things i'll be working on.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:05 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by QuangVuong View Post
Do you mean map it as CH3 trim? Can that switch be used?
I don't know if I understand You . I will write here what are the possibilities of operating channel 3:

- use trim (steering/throttle/ch3/dualrate), set required step (1...200) and use trim buttons to move channel value "trim step" left or right (value is in range -100...100). It is also possible to use that rotate dial to change value when value is showed at display. It is also possible to define what long-press of trim button will do. There are 2 possibilities, one will reset channel to centre and second will set value to full left/right, depending on pressed button.

- use trim and set it to MOMentary. Then when nothing is pressed, channel value is at centre. While holding one trim button, channel value is set to full left/right depending on holded button.

- use key (for example CH3 button) as switch. Each press of button will switch value from left to right or back (this is what was at original firmware).

- use key as MOMentary. Channel value is changed to opposite side only while holding that key. And to this code I added special handling for those who will modify CH3 button to 3-pos switch, so there will be 3 positions left/centre/right. But I didn't modified my radio so this is not tested yet.

- use trim and key. Use trim buttons to set channel value to left/right (set step to 200 to have always full left/right) and use key (eg. CH3 button) to set channel value to centre.

This all is assignable at radio in "key mapping" where You assign functions to trims/keys.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wish I would have been more active on the forums this weekend. I could have done some testing yesterday.

Anyway, I reflashed to 2.0 and can't wait to give it a rip on the track. The servo speed stuff is awesome.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service