Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter >

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Old 06-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

did anybody notice even with psx update that the expo is rev.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default PSX update

I've got two Gt3b's, one for me and one for my son. Is there anyone in the lower mainland (Vancouver area or the outskirts) who is able to do the reprogramming for us for a reasonable fee?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bosco72
did anybody notice even with psx update that the expo is rev.
I think this has come up before. The EXPO is designed the same as on Spektrum radios where postive numbers decrease the steering sensitivity around center and negative numbers increase it. This is opposite Airtronics and probably Futaba but I don't own one so I can't say for sure.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Psx, can I send you my 3b and you can do whatever needs to be done to make it have a 3 position 3rd channel? Let me know cause that's what I need and this tech Crap is beyond me. Pm me if you would and how much $$
Old 06-08-2011, 02:33 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by royalnine
Psx, can I send you my 3b and you can do whatever needs to be done to make it have a 3 position 3rd channel? Let me know cause that's what I need and this tech Crap is beyond me. Pm me if you would and how much $$
Look at page 100, there is list of people offering firmware reprograming. I am from Europe and it it probably too far from You And with my latest firmware it is possible to map keys so that You will have 3 position 3rd channel.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

Originally Posted by royalnine
Originally Posted by Glenwyatt
I've got two Gt3b's, one for me and one for my son. Is there anyone in the lower mainland (Vancouver area or the outskirts) who is able to do the reprogramming for us for a reasonable fee?

Thanks
Check on page 100. There's a while list of people offering the service.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 3 posi mapping

Originally Posted by psx
Look at page 100, there is list of people offering firmware reprograming. I am from Europe and it it probably too far from You And with my latest firmware it is possible to map keys so that You will have 3 position 3rd channel.
Got this far but trying to map keys for a 3 position is driving me nuts cant seem to get my head around the new fw mannual,trying to set up with d-r switch/ ch3 trim/ and ch3 button for crawler dig ,any idea how i should set this up?
Old 06-08-2011, 07:35 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blingg
Got this far but trying to map keys for a 3 position is driving me nuts cant seem to get my head around the new fw mannual,trying to set up with d-r switch/ ch3 trim/ and ch3 button for crawler dig ,any idea how i should set this up?
And how do You want to use this trims/buttons ? Write it here and I will try to answer You how to setup that keys.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz65
Success!! I completed the firmware mod this morning.

Now my Trims go up to 99 etc.. I haven't played w/the rest.
Buzz65 or anyone,

Can you tell me step by step how you upgraded yours. I'm also confused as to how to generate, save, load, etc. the firmware and the location of the stock firmware. I have everything wired correctly on my radio (4 wires). I've been reading this thread and went to page 100 with all the links but there are some steps missing, like the one above.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

psx,

Here is a thought...many of the high end radios have a dial for throttle atl, in otherwords it can be used to limit the throttlw throw on the brake side. I find this very useful on my 4pk and I was wondering if it would be possbile to mat the channel three trim buttons to raise of lower the throw of the brake side of the throttle.

That way when racing you can dial in the amount of brake you want without having to go through menus to adjust.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by highsiderider
Buzz65 or anyone,

Can you tell me step by step how you upgraded yours. I'm also confused as to how to generate, save, load, etc. the firmware and the location of the stock firmware. I have everything wired correctly on my radio (4 wires). I've been reading this thread and went to page 100 with all the links but there are some steps missing, like the one above.

Thanks in advance.
When using psx's website you have to have already saved the stock firmware from your radio. This keeps liability down for PSX because he'd be giving away their code. This way each individual is modifying it themselves.

So, save it to your desktop using the software for your programming card. When you look at all tabs just go to file and save.

When you go to the website, point to that file or load that file. Make your changes and save them (this is on the website). Save them to your computer somewhere you know like the desktop. Then follow the instruction for loading. Basically in the programming software go to file, open and choose the new file. Connect you tx by following the detailed steps from page 100. Send all tabs and the tx will have your modified firmware. Or, you could just load up his newly created from scratch firmware! Still save your default firmware in cas you need to go back.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default FRIED...DEAD...

Well that didn't last long. I performed the firmware upgrade 2 days ago. I worked great. I was able to adjust my trims better, more expo etc... Tuesday night I took it to work with me to show a few friends as we ran my two RC cars around a dry basin. We had a blast. Then tonight, when I NEEDED it for a race, I go to turn it on and NOTHING. Blank screen.

So I took it apart to see if I could see or 'smell' if the magic smoke had been released.

Below are a few pictures.
1st of the 4-pin connector I soldered on, then of the part that I noticed was REALLY HOT when I took it apart.

THE CONNECTOR

MY SOLDER JOB (I know it's rough)

Now here's what I noticed when I took it apart. Notice the black piece labeled 79MO5. That was extremely hot.

I"m not sure what, if anything I did wrong but I'm pretty mad at myself for screwing up my radio. To be honest, I was perfectly happy w/it before the firmware update. It's just that so many of you have had success, I figured I could do the same. Oh well, placing an order for another radio now.

Perhaps some of you guru's could take a look at the pics and let me know if I did anything wrong or what might be the cause of the failure?

Still a good radio...but mad that some of the guys at the track go to say "I told ya that thing was junk" when in fact it's probably somehow my fault.

Last edited by Buzz65; 06-09-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:22 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mera'din
psx,
Here is a thought...many of the high end radios have a dial for throttle atl, in otherwords it can be used to limit the throttlw throw on the brake side. I find this very useful on my 4pk and I was wondering if it would be possbile to mat the channel three trim buttons to raise of lower the throw of the brake side of the throttle.
That way when racing you can dial in the amount of brake you want without having to go through menus to adjust.
It is already possible to do this, just assign function DRB (DualRateBack) to channel3 trim in my latest firmware.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:28 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Well that didn't last long. I performed the firmware upgrade 2 days ago. I worked great. I was able to adjust my trims better, more expo etc... Tuesday night I took it to work with me to show a few friends as we ran my two RC cars around a dry basin. We had a blast. Then tonight, when I NEEDED it for a race, I go to turn it on and NOTHING. Blank screen.
Connect it to programmer and try if it communicates (try to read firmware from it). If this works, than You can try to programm original firmware back and check if it works.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

So I took it apart to see if I could see or 'smell' if the magic smoke had been released.

Below are a few pictures.
1st of the 4-pin connector I soldered on, then of the part that I noticed was REALLY HOT when I took it apart.
Your soldering looks fairly clean. I wonder if some piece of conductive debris got left inside when you closed up the case and only shorted something after you "shook" it around a bit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.