Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter >

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Old 05-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by psx
It is the same receiver as is bundled with GT3B, so yes it will work. You must only bind receiver to new radio.
Sounds great.
I've just ordered the Tx from Hibby Kong, 69$ shipped to Denmark.

They have it locally for 114$ ;-).. only now its called Imax... Each additional receiver cost 43$...

I'll take my chances overseas, when it comes to items like this.

I know some people had issues with steering trim, is this still a problem with certain servos or can it be fixed by adjusting settings, but without reprogramming it?
Old 05-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

Hobby king is a trusted store, they won't you rip off.

And yes, just adjust the turnbuckle connected to the servo so you won't have too much of a trim problem.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by QuangVuong
Hobby king is a trusted store, they won't you rip off.

And yes, just adjust the turnbuckle connected to the servo so you won't have too much of a trim problem.
Makes sense, I'll give it a try when the transmitter arrives...

Appreciate the fast info and help from you guys.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by psx
Hi,
after some testing (only 2 people till now) I am releasing my new firmware to wider testing. I recommend it only for those people, who
have programming board and are able to return back to original/modified firmware (so don't use it to program other people radio yet).

I am now putting it here to forum, after it will be at another place at web, I will put URL here. Remove extension .txt from file gt3b.s19.txt, I added it only because it is not possible to upload file with extension .s19.

More info is at MANUAL.txt.
PSX, that is awesome! For the moment Ive been reading the manual and it looks like all the functionality of your firmware generator has been integrated on the tx menu, which is great! Ill definitely be testing it soon.
Thanks so much for your hard work, you did turn this 50 bucks tx into something else, but after this I believe it worth a lot more
Old 05-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

psx, I do not know if it is possible, but an adjustable low voltage alarm would be good. If it's not already there.

Just a question/suggestion.

Thanks for all you've done
Old 05-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Rookie

The alarm is already there as Ive read in the manual
Old 05-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Firefox
psx, I do not know if it is possible, but an adjustable low voltage alarm would be good. If it's not already there.

Just a question/suggestion.

Thanks for all you've done
Yes. The alarm adjustment is included in the global setup menu. The value can be adjusted between 7.5 and 10.5 volts in about 10 seconds.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, so PSX's new firmware has adjustable alarm voltage ?

Great.

Waiting on my 2S lipos to install and will put a permanent programming cable in also. Afterward, I'll try PSX's software.

thanks
Old 05-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

we just tested both radios fly sky and ko propo with the fly sky 2.4 in it.Having the truck off the ground we bind the fly sky the steering was not smooth then bind to the ko propo with the fly sky 2.4 and the steering was smooth.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Expo setting changes servo throw

I have flashed my radio with the custom software, and have noticed that the servo throw is reduced with increasing expo value. Is this normal and intended?
To try to compensate for this I tried to change the endpoint to something above 100%, but NO. ( It was posible to do 120% in orig. software, I think )
Anyone else, or is this just me and my servos
Old 05-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

PSX designed the EXPO setting the same as Spektrum radios. Positive numbers are actually decreasing your servo throw around center and negative values will increase them. As for the end points, the Global Setup Menu should allow you to increase them all the way to 150, but I think they default to 100. The combination of limiting the end point and setting the EXPO is probably what is limiting your throws.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just got back from racing and it honestly feels like a different radio. Turning seems faster and mor responsive. Had to adjust the throttle more because it was like a rocket.

I like the changes, just need to get more time on it.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by beemerfan
PSX designed the EXPO setting the same as Spektrum radios. Positive numbers are actually decreasing your servo throw around center and negative values will increase them. As for the end points, the Global Setup Menu should allow you to increase them all the way to 150, but I think they default to 100. The combination of limiting the end point and setting the EXPO is probably what is limiting your throws.
I checked with my Spektrum DX6i, and there the EXPO setting do not change the servo throw to any of the sides. I didn't measure this, just by eyeballing.
But if I set the EXPO on my GT3B to +100, the servo throw is about 60%, and at -100 it is about 120% of "normal". All this by the same method of "measure" as above. Is this a wanted behaviour, or an programming bug? ( A bug from FLYSKY of course. )

Regarding setting in the Global Setup Menu, E.POINT-setting, this will change the movement of ALL channels, or.....not?
And the E.POINT-setting in standard menu is Channel-dependent.

So you could kind of fix the "EXPO-throw-bug" with the later, but could I wish for the real Spektrum-way of "EXPO-not-changing-the-servo-throw-variant" in the otherwise great firmware, PSX?
Old 05-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by anderssande
Regarding setting in the Global Setup Menu, E.POINT-setting, this will change the movement of ALL channels, or.....not?
And the E.POINT-setting in standard menu is Channel-dependent.
The Global Setup Menu changes the maximum end points for all channels allowed through the normal E. POINT adjustment. I'm not sure what's going on with your servo throws, but I don't think my radio does it. The only thing I could suggest is run through a calibration.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:05 AM
Tech Initiate

looks cool but the brand is from china D: so we don't have guarantee on how long it will last

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.