Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter >

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Old 05-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tcb22185
Guys i got a few qustions. First how hard is this raido to upgrade? im good with soldering and so on. 2nd. will the raido handel lipo right out of the box? i know i will have to put a plug on it. thats no issue. I have been wanting one of these raidos for awile. the price of the recevers are a huge plus for me.

thanks for your time
"How to" links on page 100 of this thread.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So your predicting the future?
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIZAO
So your predicting the future?
If you are referring to not having reached page 100 yet then you must not be running the default "number of posts to show per page" that is editable under options in the user CP of RCTech.net. I think 99% of users don't mess with those settings so it is safe to assume that most people will find the links on page 100. It is actually here in post #1486 for people that like to tinker with the defaults.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by beemerfan
If you are referring to not having reached page 100 yet then you must not be running the default "number of posts to show per page" that is editable under options in the user CP of RCTech.net. I think 99% of users don't mess with those settings so it is safe to assume that most people will find the links on page 100. It is actually here in post #1486 for people that like to tinker with the defaults.
You are correct... although I am new to this forum I have been apart of another forum g20.net for quite a while and they use vbulletin as well... thank you for your link because I really wanted to see what the fuss was about lol and in my frustration decided to be a smart ass...lol jp thanks though!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Just got mine today. no directions

What is the USB plug for?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by psx
I am working on something as this (3 or more steps). Proportional can be done with some mixing or modifying radio (potentiometer instead of CH3 button).

I don't know why this wasn't set to defaults, but You can use global-reset to set it to defaults. But if it was after first flashing, it can be because of radio started after flashing, but was very soon stopped by flash-verify process and this gets it to inconsistent state. I will try to change some order of writing to EEPROM and we will see if it will help.
If anything ever needs mods for the radio just lmk...i plan on doing a 3 pos diy kit (comes with programmer, switch, centering resistors, possibly a trim pot, etc) I've had lots of requests on another forum for this, i just tell everyone once theres a firmware that can handle it, i'll have the kit out...overkillrc.com

I can do other kits as well...for mixing functions or similar
Old 05-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EvanAZ
Just got mine today. no directions

What is the USB plug for?
Directions are on the CD ...
Old 05-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

EvanAz how long did it take for you to get yours and where did you get it at? Paid 35 shipped for mine at hobbypartz
Old 05-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EvanAZ
Just got mine today. no directions What is the USB plug for?
The GT3B has a DSC port to connect the USB plug. The other side goes to PC, of course It works as a joystick simulator, so the radio can be used with race simulators. Should work f.e. with VRC.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Did a search, but couldn't find an answer for my question, hoping for some help here from you guys.

I've been looking at the xxx over at hobbyking.com.

I want to be able to drive several different vehicles as well as use it for the VRC game.

I need 4 extra receivers, which recievers work for this transmitter and will it work for the VRC game

Should I consider purchasing it somewhere else than at hobbyking?

thanks in advance ;-)
Old 05-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Coach-Z
Did a search, but couldn't find an answer for my question, hoping for some help here from you guys.

I've been looking at the xxx over at hobbyking.com.

I want to be able to drive several different vehicles as well as use it for the VRC game.

I need 4 extra receivers, which recievers work for this transmitter and will it work for the VRC game

Should I consider purchasing it somewhere else than at hobbyking?

thanks in advance ;-)
Any Flysky/Hibby king/ Eurgle receivers will work.

VRC does not need a receiver. All u need is the USB link cable.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reptile
I know what you are speaking of as my KO PROPO radios have this option it's called steering speed you can make the speed of the servo slower in both directions or slower one way out and faster to come back in or oposit if you chose so.
That what you mean?
Yeah. My friend told me I should get a radio with that because he thinks that is my problem in some of the corners, the servo turning too fast.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

afaik most high end servo manufacturers have servo programmers you can use to tweak servos from outside the radio...

Or heaven forbid... you could practice something fierce
Old 05-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psx
I already wrote this to TODO list before. What I found in other manuals I putted to TODO list as possible functions
Awesome!!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default people modding $$$$

This is such a win for us crew who have a GT3b,The work and time ppl have put into this amazes me, now we all know who is doing the work? i take my hat off and its very much apprieciate. ( donate button),our budget radios are not so budget any more with these fw up grades,then there there is others flashing and modding,
i would hate to see ppl cashing in ,why then what would be the point of a $40 radio , modders/flashers keep it real /just my thoughts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.