Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Will the new v3 speedo work with the current advanced setup box. This would be a big plus as it saves more expense.

Any plans for different version of the new v3 speedo, if your launching a 1-2s speedo will that be a 120A version, and therefore potentially a 160A 2-3s version later.

When it's released in China end of month, will it be available for sale at same time, and if so will it be world wide (assuming the shops buy from the distributers).
Old 10-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

In two days i will have firmware to sort out the customers who use the justock esc .I also apologise for not picking up on this issue sooner .when you work 18 hours a day 7 days a week you sometimes forget .

Like i was interstate last weekend with my family and sitting in a restaurant with friends ready to have a nice dinner and what was i doing on my samsung s2 sending out emails and sorting out hobbywing issues on a saturday night .lol.

so once again please except my apology .

regards Angelo

PS: I have attached the firmware information/explanation of what improvement/changes have been made and why .
Very good, I imagine it's a real PITA keeping all of us some sort of happy. I got the copy/past thing all dialed in so hopefully this next upgrade goes a lot smoother. Thanks man!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Where do I find the latest mod version?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by derekk
Will the new v3 speedo work with the current advanced setup box. This would be a big plus as it saves more expense.

Any plans for different version of the new v3 speedo, if your launching a 1-2s speedo will that be a 120A version, and therefore potentially a 160A 2-3s version later.

When it's released in China end of month, will it be available for sale at same time, and if so will it be world wide (assuming the shops buy from the distributers).
Yes it will work with the same lcd programmer ,no there will not be a 160 amp version and i will not go into that argument as it is to political i know which esc your talking about but i have no comment on it sorry .yes it will be available at the same time worldwide .
Old 10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Angelo-

I am not at all trying to argue with you, but having two separate versions of code for timing vs. non-timing is a big problem. No one wants to reload software and re-calibrate between runs at big races. Other companies have figured out how to make one version of code work for both types of classes without having to change software versions. From my experience this issue is the biggest reason why more people are not running the speed control in the US. ROAR only requires that there is a mode for non-timing classes that is indicated by a blinking light at neutral throttle. There is no reason you have to have a separate versions to run blinky mode to meet ROARs requiremnets.
Hi mate

I will talk to Michael and see what he has to say about it .Im all for making things simple lets see what happens .keep you informed.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

sorry guys

This has nothing to do with hobbywing but i had a laugh today of what i found on the hobbyking site .

More than just a fancy name. TURNIGY nano-tech lithium polymer batteries are built with an LiCo nano-technology substrate complex greatly improving power transfer making the oxidation/reduction reaction more efficient, this helps electrons pass more freely from anode to cathode with less internal impedance.

In short, less voltage sag and a higher discharge rate than a similar density lithium polymer (non nano-tech) battery.

Unfortunately with other big brands, numbers, ratings and graphs can be fudged. Rest assured, TURNIGY nano-techs are the real deal, delivering unparalleled performance!
Spec.
Capacity: 5100mAh
Voltage: 2S2P / 2S Cell / 7.4V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 135C BurstWeight: 130g EA (290g Total Inc Wires)
Dimensions: 69x47x25mm EA
Balance Plug: JST

$34.99 god i cant even make pro amps for that much .

This must be a joke right ?

well anyway just a little laugh TICKING TIME BOMB I SAY .LOL
Old 10-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Angelo, on the hobbywing website the weights of different esc are wrong.
I discussed it with M7H on the telephone a while ago and he send hobbywing a mail about it but i see Hobbywing has still not changed it.

The 120A 1s is over 100grams on the hobbywing website. Because of that weight i was looking around for a lighter option, maybe something with an external booster or battery.

M7H put his 120A 1s on a scale and it was below 50 grams! Because it was 50 grams lighter then advertised i bought the 120A 1s with booster. In light applications such as 1/12 scale i can imagine other people would have the same idea as me to look for a lighter option then using the 120A 1s at over 100 grams. I am not sure why the weight doesn't corrospond with the real weight but like i said ...some people do look at that and will go for a lighter option if available.

Maybe it is in the proces of being changed on the website i don't know but thought i would let you know.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
This has nothing to do with hobbywing but i had a laugh today of what i found on the hobbyking site .

$34.99 god i cant even make pro amps for that much .

This must be a joke right ?

well anyway just a little laugh TICKING TIME BOMB I SAY .LOL
We all know the C ratings are a marketing gimmick, I assume if I bought one of your pack and simulated it to a real 60C load, it would pass with flying colours, so be careful what you bag out around here. (And keep in mind it was not that long ago, or even still current with what people say about HW gear)

And having said that, I and a few others have bought some of the new HK hardcase packs, and found them outpunching some rather well known brands, so again be careful what you choose to pick on, as not all is as rubbish as you may think.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bishop
(And keep in mind it was not that long ago, or even still current with what people say about HW gear)
Not to mingle in a discussion about batteries but what do people currently say about Hobbywing gear? At my club I only hear possitive feedback from drivers that use the EZRUN, XERUN 120A v2.1 and the 120A 1s?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

as not all is as rubbish as you may think.
I agree, the Turnigy stuff is not that bad at all!....

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Not to mingle in a discussion about batteries but what do people currently say about Hobbywing gear?
Currently all is good, but a few years back, Hobbywing stuff was not taken seriously by some....
Still people don't know (or don't want to know) that some SP and Orion stuff is made by HW....
Old 10-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

M7H while i have you, I have a question about 224 which I loaded a little while back, I was given some setups and recommended to put my acc to 600, but in 224 (my version) it can only go as far a 300, any idea?

and to follow on the actual topic, I remember a couple of years ago, HW was seen as the poor man's stuff and was regarded not to be reliable too.
But today, the progress is certain, so Angelo and the team, keep up the good work, we are all eager to see that V3 !!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olly986
M7H while i have you, I have a question about 224 which I loaded a little while back, I was given some setups and recommended to put my acc to 600, but in 224 (my version) it can only go as far a 300, any idea?
Strange... I have 450 and 600 also...
Try flashing the firmware again.
And be sure the firmware on your 2 in 1 box is also 101224 (V1.07_101224 if I'm correct).....
Maybe the problem lies there...
Old 10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks, I 'll recheck that.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
Strange... I have 450 and 600 also...
Try flashing the firmware again.
And be sure the firmware on your 2 in 1 box is also 101224 (V1.07_101224 if I'm correct).....
Maybe the problem lies there...

+1
V1.07_101224 in your program card is correct.

The USB link program version is V1.63_110105.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

We all know the C ratings are a marketing gimmick, I assume if I bought one of your pack and simulated it to a real 60C load, it would pass with flying colours, so be careful what you bag out around here. (And keep in mind it was not that long ago, or even still current with what people say about HW gear)

And having said that, I and a few others have bought some of the new HK hardcase packs, and found them outpunching some rather well known brands, so again be careful what you choose to pick on, as not all is as rubbish as you may think.
100% accurate 60c load and thats the maximum anyone high quality factory can produce as i know people will try it and then bate me as i am not stupid my friend and im sure you have realised that a long time ago that the truth never comes back to bite you when your honest with your specs if you know what i mean .By the way id be careful what i say as ive been in china for over 10 years now doing business and i know all the battery factories in china so i know what's good quality and what's really bad quality and i know were 100% of the brands we see today are made (which factory) which has a top reputation and which ones are the worst of the worst.hint hint.

So let us know what did people say about hobbywing gear please let me know ? what that the gear is not accurate in its specs? please enlighten us we all want to know.

If your talking about oem that has nothing to do with us thats up to the oem brand to decide what specs he specifies .we are honest to the tee.So please lets us know .Im very interested in your info .

I have learn't many many years ago be honest in your specs and no one can ever question you about your product.

Ps: You of all people being the Queensland Australia secretary for the r/c racing organisation should know better than to promote non approved batteries anyway .sorry but you should know better as the members look at you for rules and decisions .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 10-11-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.