Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On the 8.5T 4.000kv running in STOCK mode with XTREME STOCK ESC, which would be the maximum temp that i would admit to go on 6 minutes runs ?

thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

ideal is not to go higher than 70/75 deg/c but it varies from motor brands/winds used, what type of track as well as how you drive to mention a few.
if you can get good performance around +-60 - 65 deg/c i would say you good to go and can find more pace with chassis setup and get more corner speed as well as drive tighter lines and more consistent.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
ideal is not to go higher than 70/75 deg/c but it varies from motor brands/winds used, what type of track as well as how you drive to mention a few.
if you can get good performance around +-60 - 65 deg/c i would say you good to go and can find more pace with chassis setup and get more corner speed as well as drive tighter lines and more consistent.

The motor is a HOBBYWING 8.5T Sensored mounted on a Hotbodies TCX car running on RUBBERS over ASPHALT.

So, equipment is :

+

No timing/turbo permitted so will be STOCK,

any tip on temps?

thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

if you not running the turbo software then start with conservative gearing and gear up a tooth at a time and watch lap times. temps will go up gradually but wouldnt let it go higher than 75 - 80 deg/c. would also invest in a good heat sink like the LRP one.

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/new-pr...efter/details/
Old 03-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

hello guys..

i just bought HW esc (119 stock) and still doesnt have any idea to set it.. i currently run it with tekin redline 10.5t motor and trf 416 chasis.. so what is the best setup i need to use? wish u guys can help me..
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-dmcs6%5B1%5D.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-niteview%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 03-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

hi

what is the maximum timing that can be achieved with the latest software
(211) Is it 60deg or 64deg

stu
Old 03-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Rookie

64 deg (or steps)
Old 03-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snabbgas
Well then it would be just as smart to make the boost start rpm in percent wouldn't it?
Instead of 1000-15000rpm you could just go 0-100% because no one could ever be interested in knowing what speed the timing is started to beeing added or?

Sorry but i don't agree here, degrees are degrees and they are universal.
All the previuos softwares have been in degrees and i for one really like the idea that 5 degrees on the endbell equals 5degrees in the software!

It's a completely different ballgame in the case of for example the Punch setting or the brake. You cannot meashure it in any good way so here % or steps or whatever is good.

And unfortunately it isn't as easy as putting more timing in always makes more power.
It's a case of putting exactly the right amount of timing in at the right point as more timing at low rpm can make less torque hence less power.

That beeing said. The hardware and software are truly awesome for the price and at this point i would not considering anything else!

Thank you Hobbywing but please bring back the degrees in the upcoming softwares!!!

At the very least provide info on how many actual degrees of timing the new 211-213 softwares have so i can calculate how many degrees 1 step represents!

/Mattias
Very good Mattias, i know sweeden people like to be scientific.
degrees is degrees, i could not teach student's with aliases.
it's better to use 0.5deg increment's rather than aliases.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Manu W.
64 deg (or steps)
thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
if you not running the turbo software then start with conservative gearing and gear up a tooth at a time and watch lap times. temps will go up gradually but wouldnt let it go higher than 75 - 80 deg/c. would also invest in a good heat sink like the LRP one.

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/new-pr...efter/details/

Thanks, will take a pic of my setup and will post it tonight ... right now i geared 6.3 FDR

thanks,
Old 03-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default The reason that there are 64 timing steps

Originally Posted by snabbgas
Well then it would be just as smart to make the boost start rpm in percent wouldn't it?
Instead of 1000-15000rpm you could just go 0-100% because no one could ever be interested in knowing what speed the timing is started to beeing added or?

Sorry but i don't agree here, degrees are degrees and they are universal.
All the previuos softwares have been in degrees and i for one really like the idea that 5 degrees on the endbell equals 5degrees in the software!

It's a completely different ballgame in the case of for example the Punch setting or the brake. You cannot meashure it in any good way so here % or steps or whatever is good.

And unfortunately it isn't as easy as putting more timing in always makes more power.
It's a case of putting exactly the right amount of timing in at the right point as more timing at low rpm can make less torque hence less power.

That beeing said. The hardware and software are truly awesome for the price and at this point i would not considering anything else!

Thank you Hobbywing but please bring back the degrees in the upcoming softwares!!!

At the very least provide info on how many actual degrees of timing the new 211-213 softwares have so i can calculate how many degrees 1 step represents!

/Mattias
There is a very clear practical technological reason for having 64 steps. One of the HobbyWing guys alluded to it a few days ago.

The HobbyWing speedo has onboard memory. The advanced timing programs are becoming more complicated than the speed controls were ever designed for. This means that every Bit of information counts.

Now, memory is just a string of 0's and 1's, and therefore you must make numbers out of these 0's and 1's. To have an on/off switch there are two possible states so you can use a single Bit to describe it. to make a number that is up to 2^n you need n Bits. This means that you need 1 Bit to have a choice of 2 options, 2 Bits to have a choice of 4 options, 3 Bits to have a choice of 8 options...6 Bits to have up to 64 options.

This 6 bit address limit is the reason that you have 64 steps/options for timing. To change it to % you need at least 100 options requiring an extra Bit. This is the reason for having 64 steps. As this is still beta software I can completely understand why they use this number, and maybe for the release software they could use % or something similar with a courser step size. While it is beta is is good to have the software as tunable as possible.

What I do agree with is that it would be nice to have a conversion to actual degrees of timing, if only to compare different software versions.

Hope this clears things up a little

Ben
Old 03-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

hey all! I have only one question. what firmware version is the best for 17,5 stock racing? And also got good brakes, and good temp in the motor?

Thanks alot all!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

delete... sorry!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pasar minggu
hello guys..

i just bought HW esc (119 stock) and still doesnt have any idea to set it.. i currently run it with tekin redline 10.5t motor and trf 416 chasis.. so what is the best setup i need to use? wish u guys can help me..
your track about similar like our local track... straight is about 200ft... try this... (motor timing at 9deg instead of manufacturer timing is at 12deg)
fdr 7.0-7.4 (7.4 is my current)
punch 9
boost 36
ramp 18
turbo 24
start 5000 - 8000 (pls select your preference)
delay 0.3/0.4
accl 350-400

this is my current setting with RX2 10.5 motor... all is same except boost acceleration which is mine 300... u shud try 350 as i think tekin motor prefer little bit more rpm...
Old 03-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

looking at the HW website i see version 310 in the dl section.... what is that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.