NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andy o
is there any difference between the 2.0 & 2.1 versions of the esc
or are they the same thing?
Updated FETS newer design better able to handle the currents the new softwares are demanding.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
I wouldn't rush him as several people have complained about being used as 'Beta Testers' so let the Factory guys test it up to make sure it is perfect... Have patience Padwan
Thank's cherry
and for latest firmware updates would be here ?
http://www.hobbywing.com/english/downloads.asp
Old 03-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flashrevolution
Thank's cherry
and for latest firmware updates would be here ?
http://www.hobbywing.com/english/downloads.asp
Yes they will, but I guess Angelo will post them first on here once they are approved
Old 03-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone have any ideas why my v2.0 would completely cut out? Went to the track to practice today as it's the first time I've had chance to play with this latest batch of software (0119).

Software is awesome and found what was for me a sweet spot of speed/driving ability. However on what was going to be my last run of the day the speedo completely cut out even the fan had shut down. Turning it off then on again would bring it back to life so stated off round the track and it cut out again. Its then done this repeatedly every time I tried to use it. I've swapped batteries, servo and rx just to make sure but it still happens. I'm running Intellect 40c batteries and a Tekin 13.5t motor.

I seem to remember someone else had a similar problem but can't seem to find the post nor can I remember if there was ever a solution so if someone can remember the thread ID's I'd be grateful. Failing that have I fried the speedo?
Old 03-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Its a matter of trying. I personally like 1224, but I have been playing around with 119 for a few weeks now. 0119 I think can be configured to be faster then the 1224 FW, but with more options and settings available there is more room for error and confusion.

The confusion originated when it was discovered that 119 doesnt use degrees of timing, but steps of timing.

For you I would recommend running the 119 software and see how it works for you. Just start low with your turbo and timing options and work your way up, keeping an eye on your temperature.

Shawn
Well testing was interesting on Thursday, put the car down for the first time in about 3 months after driving a Mini, pulled away and thought yep thats quick.

After about 5 laps the car slowed right down, I though the Lipo might have been dead so changed it but it was slow from the out set.

Got a bit worried, but the only thing I changed from the last time I ran was the firmware ( upgraded to 219 ) so I changed it back to 518 reset the end points and the car ran fine for the rest of the day.

Anyone any ideas?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey cherry sorry for the late reply. here ya go!

http://www.freefilehosting.net/addit...rmware20110123

oh its your version of the fw instruction/definitions
Old 03-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gazmond
Anyone have any ideas why my v2.0 would completely cut out? Went to the track to practice today as it's the first time I've had chance to play with this latest batch of software (0119).

Software is awesome and found what was for me a sweet spot of speed/driving ability. However on what was going to be my last run of the day the speedo completely cut out even the fan had shut down. Turning it off then on again would bring it back to life so stated off round the track and it cut out again. Its then done this repeatedly every time I tried to use it. I've swapped batteries, servo and rx just to make sure but it still happens. I'm running Intellect 40c batteries and a Tekin 13.5t motor.

I seem to remember someone else had a similar problem but can't seem to find the post nor can I remember if there was ever a solution so if someone can remember the thread ID's I'd be grateful. Failing that have I fried the speedo?

It seems to me you have a massive voltage drop on your battery's How old are the packs? The way to fix it with the current cells you have is to drop the lipo voltage cutoff to 3.0v in your programming thats should fix it .
Old 03-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Cobra I'll give that a try, for info both packs are only about 10 charges old, but they have been sat in my garage over winter on storage charge. I shall report back on how I get in
Old 03-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

are the new Xerun 13.5T better then the SP13.5 V3 motor?any suggestions?thanx
Old 03-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Can someone please help me out here, am trying to add editable fields into this form, have limited skills in Office so hope someone will be able to help me to add drop down boxes / click boxes to the empty fields in the Form.

Help !!!!!!!!(
Sent you a PM
Old 03-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
i'd go for the hobbywings....they brake so much better, in the sweepers i just off-throttle
Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
quality wise yes perfromance similar.Also better hall sensor board which is designed by michael .

What some of you may not know the motors are actually designed by michael at hobbywing and then manufactured in a part owned hobbywing factory
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
quality wise yes perfromance similar.Also better hall sensor board which is designed by michael .

What some of you may not know the motors are actually designed by michael at hobbywing and then manufactured in a part owned hobbywing factory
when will the hobbywing motor be endorsed? As i can see in this thread, its reliable and well build.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikkel_R
Well testing was interesting on Thursday, put the car down for the first time in about 3 months after driving a Mini, pulled away and thought yep thats quick.

After about 5 laps the car slowed right down, I though the Lipo might have been dead so changed it but it was slow from the out set.

Got a bit worried, but the only thing I changed from the last time I ran was the firmware ( upgraded to 219 ) so I changed it back to 518 reset the end points and the car ran fine for the rest of the day.

Anyone any ideas?
You need to provide alot more information. Type of car, motor, gearing, track layout, and the ESC settings.

With the 119 (or 1224), you can easily Over time the motor, and it sounds like this is what you have done. Try upgrading back to the 119 software, and then start very conservative on the timing. We do know that step #54 Boost is 36 deg of timing. (Confirmed here on Rctech).

Brushless motors will not run properly with more then 60deg of timing, they tend to run slow and make alot of heat.

Shawn.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_Takuya
when will the hobbywing motor be endorsed? As i can see in this thread, its reliable and well build.
Well it's like a year on and the ESC's have yet to reach the ROAR list, so it's hard to be real positive about the motors, though I suspect more effort will go into that cause you just can't run motors anywhere unless approved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.