Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TryHard
I was measuring the esc temp with a metallic cases temp gun... Touched the pins with the esc on, and also touched the case... There goes was a short. Woulda been fine if I hadn't left the esc on, or had a plug /cover on the pins. I believe all new v3's are coming with a cover.

HiH
Ed
Ed probably has this figured out already but as info for other people. Sanwa receiver covers fit perfectly as a cover.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Can the brake to power off be disabled?

At the track running my V3 tonight. Still loving it in mod.
Yes, its one of the settings
Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whityboy
Today the first test with the v3 and I love it but I had several times that the power disappeared for a few seconds, as if the engine went to sensorless mode.
just seconds after the power was back there.
any idea how this could come.
Also if I temp the ESC th temp is 35° but on the data record reads a max temp of 120°.
I drive a duo 3 boosted.
Also the programe 7 (17.5)does not work.
If I give a little gas, start the engine at full throttle.
anyone have any idea
The motor temp cut off does not work properly with other motors and I think its on by default. Try disabling it.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PhotoGreg
Wait a tic.. You can use 2S Lipo's with the 120a 1s Speedo's? Just put the heatsync and fan on it?
Yes it handles 1-2S lipos but the BEC is 2A so be careful with your servos so you do not brown out. Or run a cap.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:28 AM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
The are not bad, but out of sync with some things now, been running a 10.5, very little timing on them, so to make it go you need to gear to the moon, stock bearings are also not so great.
Anyone use them for dirt? Guess it's the wrong forum...seems they are a bit "open" for offroad...
Old 05-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lip
Anyone use them for dirt? Guess it's the wrong forum...seems they are a bit "open" for offroad...
Actually since that last post of mine, I have discovered something about mine, the cases on them are very thin, repeated use as they buff down in a tourer, combined with repeated pulling apart, makes the back end peel open cause of the cut slot for the terminals.

The back plate on mine was spreading open the cut out, and distorting the whole back end of the can, the can is also so thin it's damn soft, I spent some time bending the can end back in so the back plate bolted up true again, in light of that I'm not sure I'll buy another.

Though not just cause of that, but with zero timing so common they lack rip from having such limited timing, I need something I can dial up a little more now.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lip
I've run a 13.5 sensored motor in my 2wd SCT. I also have a 3656sd 4 pole motor in my 4wd. Both work good, the 4 pole motor is dust proof. And I haven't had a problem with my 13.5 and I've had it for a few months.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default V3 with latest firmware

Hi guys i have just update my V3 to the latest firmware (3.1). I have very little brakes, any one with the same problem ? i am using a thunderpower 13.5T motor, fdr approx 6.0 on tarmac with a 40m straight
Old 05-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default extreme stock and latest update

Hi Fellas
hope someone can helpi have updated usb link onto lcd programmer now when i plug in to esc to alter settings and after title screen it says please upgrade software and i cant adjust ESC

help fella im stuck ,have i inadvertantly put firmware on LCD programmer for new V3 esc by mistake ?

can i roll it back so i can set up my esc ?

thanks Dave (lost across the pond in the UK)
Old 05-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fidspeed
Hi Fellas
hope someone can helpi have updated usb link onto lcd programmer now when i plug in to esc to alter settings and after title screen it says please upgrade software and i cant adjust ESC

help fella im stuck ,have i inadvertantly put firmware on LCD programmer for new V3 esc by mistake ?

Hi Dave,

what USb software did you use as if you dont have the V3 speedo then you should be using V1.64_111011
Old 05-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

now i am confused :-

2. Software Versions

A. Version 1.64_111011
The Version1.64 is suitable for the following ESC:
XERUN Series Car ESC (Version 2.0 and 2.1)
EZRUN Series Car ESC (Version 2.0 and later)
PLATINUM Series helicopter/airplane ESC

B. Version 3.1_120517
The Version 3.1 is suitable for the following ESC:
XERUN Series Car ESC (Version 3.0 and later)
XERUN Series Car ESC (Version 2.0 and 2.1)
EZRUN Series Car ESC (Version 2.0 and later)
PLATINUM Series helicopter/airplane ESC

so does xtreme stock work with V3.1 software as i am sure it is a xerun esc v2
Old 05-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mcdoogle
Hi Dave,

what USb software did you use as if you dont have the V3 speedo then you should be using V1.64_111011
i have to admit i wanted to change software/firmware on speedo and when i connected lcd programmer it said there was an update so without really thinking i downloaded update and now im stuck (i think) i was on v.1.64
any more help appreciated

dave
Old 05-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think there is a heap of confusion with new software, firmware, and the term V3.

I noticed any previous software prompts you to download V3 or really V3.1 software now, then it's like lots of weirdness cause you have V3 firmware versions for most of the HW ESC's, yet you can't flash V3 firmware to the LCD programmer or it's stops working with anything but the V3 ESC.

Within that though you actually get prompts to upload your firmware, often to the point where you do so and it no longer works, silly but true, cause I got a prompt to upgrade my LCD to V3 even though I had a Justock plugged into it at the time.

HW liked using the term V3 a little more than they should have.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcdoogle
Hi guys i have just update my V3 to the latest firmware (3.1). I have very little brakes, any one with the same problem ? i am using a thunderpower 13.5T motor, fdr approx 6.0 on tarmac with a 40m straight
I did notice it also i set my brake epa to 80 and then re programed the esc then set the epa back to 100 and it has lots of brake
Old 05-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fidspeed
Hi Fellas

If you look in the drop down box there is 2 software programs one beta one not i tried the beta and had the same issue just use the new non beta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.