Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 10-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Surge
What's the advantages for the xtreme stock esc vs the xerun 60a v2 besides size? The xerun speedos are readily available.

difference is smaller unit and newer higher quality mosfets as used in the 1s and 2.1 120amp .
Old 10-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
difference is smaller unit and newer higher quality mosfets as used in the 1s and 2.1 120amp .
Advantage being improved efficiency?
Old 10-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
you seem to be talking about the led programmer right ? well the led unit was not meant to run to 13-15 as i have seen many beta software that show you how to do it but that was software that was never approved by hobbywing .It was created for speed passion for the led card but michael never approved the beta version .
No, I mean in my computer. The file that you sent me, my options are only up to 13 in the advance tab. I see the one on the video is complete. I do have up to 15 options on my LCD program box. I don't have an LED programmer.
Thank you!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

U.S. distributor yet?????
Old 10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magnum
U.S. distributor yet?????
??? Just buy at Hobbypartz.com, they are in Cali with free shipping.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Tech Initiate

I did pretty well in the 17.5T class yesterday with my Xerun 60A - my lap times were only about 1.5 seconds slower than better drivers running in the 10.5T class. I'm running Hobbywing's suggested 17.5 setup, but my FDR is 4.8. Motor temps are fine, and speed is fantastic (some old stagers were wondering if I actually had a 10.5!), but I'll try increasing FDR. Is there a particular 'method' to finding the right setup, with so many parameters to adjust, or is it just trial and error?

Last edited by colmo; 10-03-2010 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Changed to something current!
Old 10-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey all,

I have been running the xtreme stock for a while with 17.5 open. Just wondering if the speedy fan is needed? Ive been keeping an eye on temps and the speedy seems to stay pretty cool... would love to ditch the fan...

Phill
Old 10-03-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

Any ideas when the new software will be available. I read someware that it has rpm log option ?
Old 10-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by colmo
I did pretty well in the 17.5T class yesterday with my Xerun 60A - my lap times were only about 1.5 seconds slower than better drivers running in the 10.5T class. I'm running Hobbywing's suggested 17.5 setup, but my FDR is 4.8. Motor temps are fine, and speed is fantastic (some old stagers were wondering if I actually had a 10.5!), but I'll try increasing FDR. Is there a particular 'method' to finding the right setup, with so many parameters to adjust, or is it just trial and error?
The 'method' is to realize what each setting does, then work from there, overall it's not that hard to do, each setting is basically about timing, being when, where and how much (often per rpm), figure that out and then it's about tuning your motor with the speed controller.
(And gearing is the whole other factor, tuning via gears or esc, one will effect the other, choose one way or go a balance.)

Over the past couple of weeks, I have come to realize very few people have any idea what any of the settings on these ESC's do, I'm amazed how many people seem to have either just cranked everything till it blew, or just have zero clue how they got the speeds they got.

I still think that proves HW and others need to better call functions what they really are, there was someone madly coping my notes I had on a setup sheet the other day, hungry for a better description of what each function did in real terms...

And hey, I ain't that good to begin with, so I get worried when people are wanting to copy off me.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

I'm hoping to get that type of info. Can you explain what each of the settings that affects motor performance does?
Old 10-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys.

I cant get windows to open the down-load for the 2 in 1 box update software, my box software is called 1.06, so it should be possible to update it?

I have been surging in this thread, but i cant seem to find the info i need, i dont run windows 7.

Can i open the program with out the program box connected to the computer?

Thanx
Old 10-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hobbywing

After-Sale Service

Warranty and Non-Warranty Service Conditions for Car Brushless System

****Thanks for purchasing the products made by Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd. Hobbywing guarantees each car brushless system product and accessory is in high quality and made in basis of strict workmanship standard. But the car brushless system is usually working under atrocious environments such as high temperature and heavy load that may damage the products. Hobbywing is pleased to provide the best after-sales services for our customers.

1. Our after-sales service for car brushless ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) product includes:
a) Each ESC product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 240 days from the date of production.
b) Lifetime repair and maintenance service (It will be charged, we call it non-warranty service);
c) Free software upgrade service.

2. The ESC product is covered under warranty service if it is coincident with all the following conditions:
a) The ESC product got problems within the 240 days from the date of production (You can find the production date on the warranty card).
b) The problem is caused by the quality defects in materials or workmanship. The problem caused by incorrect use is not covered under warranty service, so this kind of repair will be charged.
c) The serial number of the holographic label on warranty card is identical with the serial number of the holographic label on ESC.

3. Nonresponsibility:
If there is any situation as below, then the ESC product is not covered under warranty, then it will get non-warranty service.
a) The 240 days warranty period is exceeded.
b) A valid warranty card is not provided.
The valid warranty card must be sent back to HOBBYWING together with the defective product.
c) ESC was damaged due to the changing / decomposing taken by the customer himself.
d) ESC was damaged due to incorrect use or application, exposure to water or any other liquid, bang, knock and etc.
e) The serial number of the holographic label on warranty card is not identical the serial number of the holographic label on ESC.

4. Fee of the non-warranty service:
If the ESC product is beyond 240 days or within the 240 days warranty period but it is not covered under warranty conditions, Hobbywing will charge service fee.
a) If there is only few electronic components damaged, the PCB board and important components are OK, the service fee is RMB30.
b) If there is only few important electronic components damaged, but no need to change a new PCB board and it is possible to be repaired, the service fee is RMB100.
c) If a majority of the electronic components are damaged and the PCB board is beyond repair, so a new PCB board is needed, the service fee is RMB250 (XERUN-120A-SD speed controller) or RMB150 (XERUN-60A-SD speed controller).
d) If the product is completely damaged and cannot be repaired at all, Hobbywing will scrap the defect product and charge RMB400 (XERUN-120A-SD speed controller) or RMB280 (XERUN-60A-SD speed controller) of the service fee to replace the bad one with a new product.

5. Software upgrade is always free but the shipping cost will be charged. Please write "Software Upgrade" in the <Warranty Service Form > when you send the product to Hobbywing.

6. Motor has no warranty for any damage such as demagnetization, coil damage, bend or break of the shaft, bearing damage, outside case damage, etc. But Hobbywing provides non-warranty service for the motor (chargeable service).

7. Shipping cost (Item a, b, c is only eligible for customers located in China)
a) If the product is covered under warranty, the shipping cost from customer to Hobbywing is paid by the customer, and Hobbywing will pay for the shipping cost for returning the repaired product to the customer.
b) If the product is not covered under warranty, all the shipping costs are paid by customer.
c) For charged repair and /or software upgrade, all the shipping costs are paid by customer.
d) For customers outside China: Please contact the Hobbywing’s Distributor in / near your country for the warranty and non-warranty service to avoid expensive shipping and handling fees. If the defective product is sent back to HOBBYWING directely by the final customer, all the shipping costs (dual directions) are paid by the customer. Usually we use DHL or UPS express service to send the repaired product back to the customer.

8. After-sales service processing:
a) If the product is out of work, and the customer determines it is damaged after careful check and test. Please directly contact the person in charge of after-sales service of Hobbywing. (Contact us through telephone, fax, e-mail and etc).
b) The after-sales service person will help the customer to confirm if the defected product actually needs to be repaired or the problem is just caused by mistakenly use and / or the another problem exists in the system—such as a defect in the transmitter, receiver or servo.
c) If the product is determined to be repaired, please download the Warranty and Non-Warranty Service Form (Click the hyperlink to download it) and complete all of the information, then ship the defect product, Warranty Service Form and valid sales receipt or invoice to Hobbywing Technology Co. Ltd.
d) Hobbywing evaluates the damage level of the defected products. If it needs to be charged, Hobbywing will contact the customer though telephone or e-mail or some other communicating methods, and begin to repair the product after the service fees is confirmed by the customer.
e) The service time for most defected products is within 5 working days from the date when Hobbywing receives the product. And the repaired product will be returned to the customer together with the original sales receipt or invoice.
f) The after-sales service address of Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd is as below:

http://www.hobbywing.com/english/kf.asp
Old 10-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Tech Rookie

All,
What is the best non-turbo/non-supercharger software for MOD in 4*4 offroad?
Thanks
Old 10-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

I have a Xerun 120 v2.0, I want to know if it's possible to use it with 1s battery for 1/12th car ?

Thanks to all.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nicoo2k4
Hi all,

I have a Xerun 120 v2.0, I want to know if it's possible to use it with 1s battery for 1/12th car ?

Thanks to all.
I cant imagine it would be a problem really as its the 120amp it should be able to handle the extra heat from the drop in voltage.
I run 1s with the 60 amp and a fan and it was ok.
Worth a try but just temp it often for the first few races that way no surprises.
eh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.