Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Just a little hint working on your v3 esc and software as some cannot get their heads around it all .

When you are running a low turn motor look at running the boost start rpm at a high level like 9000-20000 rpm plus

when running a high turn motor look at running the boost start rpm a low level like 2000-6000 rpm etc etc
Old 08-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

One thing is for sure with the X12 and X20 motors from LRP and that is, they run a lot hotter then the other brand motors.
When you run the Hobbywing motor with the same setting as you do the LRP, it will run at least 20 to 30 degrees cooler then the LRP.
The LRP likes to be run with a lower FDR then the HW or other brand of motors.
It helps keep it cooler.
I destroyed a X12 10.5 in a Pro10 car with a rollout of 38 on a medium size track.
The same setting with a X11 10.5 gives no problems at all.
The HW motor runs even cooler then the X11.
When i use the X12 motor with a Tekin, it has no problems for some reason with a higher FDR or smaller rollout.
I think it is just the combo of the motor and ESC.
The Trinity D3 run's also very good with the HW ESC.
The guys i run with in the Pro10 class use mostly the HW ESC with the HW motor or the D3 and get great results.
One of the HW user did a 14.07 at a huge good flowing 1:8 nitro track(Rucphen).
This was just slower then the 13.089 the mod Pro10 guys where running in the Pro10@Rucphen(with 6T delta motors).
He is a good driver but so are the Pro guys from Germany.
His time(2WD aka Alex) was set with the 3300KV blue HW motor and the 2S V2.1 ESC.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by Airwave
Hi guys,

I do have a new question for experts:
I used to run on Team Orion motors, and I always left the timing at 0° on the motor with my 2.1.. I bought a V3 and also a new LRP X20 (also at 10.5), just for testing. I was very surprised to see that the motor came with a default timing of 27.5°. I try to put same settings in the V3 I had in the V2.1 and there, bad surprise, thermal cut-off after 120 sec. !

I decided to ask some questions around me about these 27.5° and I got an information about the fact that all sensored brushless motors come with 30° of timing, due to the position of the sensor, and that most of brands just base their scale on this point...

Have you already heard of that?

Since that, I've put directly 30° timing in my X20 and it seems to work better than with 27.5... My opinion is that I have set the timing to "standard 0" when i put 30° timing on the LRP...

I'm quite confused about that, could somebody help me?

Thanks...
Old 08-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Just to let you know we have moved on from the older usb link software like the 1.64v as we have seen quite a few copies around one being who have also named their zero timing software 508 a complete copy of hobbywing lol It's flattering though and amazing that they are a United states company .

Anyway please download 3.1v the new usb link from the hobbywing website http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218 under Link called Detail scroll down and you will see the downloadable link the usb link now works for all esc's in the hobbywing range .

Have a fun racing guys and anything info or question please let us know .

We are also working on a new 2 in 1 programmer with more memory so both the v3 and 2.1v will work on a single box .The lcd programme box will be the same no changes only different mcu that will hold more memory .
Old 08-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

Just to let you know we have moved on from the older usb link software like the 1.64v as we have seen quite a few copies around one being who have also named their zero timing software 508 a complete copy of hobbywing lol It's flattering though and amazing that they are a United states company .

Anyway please download 3.1v the new usb link from the hobbywing website http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218 under Link called Detail scroll down and you will see the downloadable link the usb link now works for all esc's in the hobbywing range .

Have a fun racing guys and anything info or question please let us know .

We are also working on a new 2 in 1 programmer with more memory so both the v3 and 2.1v will work on a single box .The lcd programme box will be the same no changes only different mcu that will hold more memory .
LOL, you know the BH esc's are made in China right? Most people assumed you guys were building them since they are the V1 chassis. The only difference is better electronics.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Hi cobra
Can you make some usb link software on android or smartphone system so we dont need to bring our notebook to the track?
Old 08-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b.wihardja
Hi cobra
Can you make some usb link software on android or smartphone system so we dont need to bring our notebook to the track?
+1
hobby wing should try to be the first ios and android enabled ESC.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

This is a great idea!
Pleeeeaaasseee, inform factory our preferences!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This might seem like a stupid question but my understanding is...

When you load the no timing software onto an XeRun, shouldn't there be a blinking light (hence blinky mode) to indicate to scrutineers that the ESC is running no timing and is in blinky mode?

I have loaded the no timing software (V3_508_NO timing)onto my Xerun 60A and there is no blinky light - what gives?
(It definitely has the no timing software loaded, in Advanced settings of the USB link, all the timing settings are grayed out which is what I would expect.)
Old 08-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Getting excited get to run my new hobby wing for the first time (V3). Any tips for setup? I'm switching from a rs pro.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Getting excited get to run my new hobby wing for the first time (V3). Any tips for setup? I'm switching from a rs pro.
The drag brake and push brake are a little weak overall. If you use drag brake you may want to set it sort of high to start. I'm trying them both a little high tomorrow. I'll be at LH if you want to collaborate !
Old 08-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.Stew
The drag brake and push brake are a little weak overall. If you use drag brake you may want to set it sort of high to start. I'm trying them both a little high tomorrow. I'll be at LH if you want to collaborate !
I actually don't use drag brake so that works out. Seems pretty cool so far. If I like it the RS Pro's are going up for sale and I'm gonna buy a second one.

What classes are you running.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
LOL, you know the BH esc's are made in China right? Most people assumed you guys were building them since they are the V1 chassis. The only difference is better electronics.
We have never had an association and never will .
Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by b.wihardja
Hi cobra
Android system is a good idea .
Old 08-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SeanV
This might seem like a stupid question but my understanding is...

When you load the no timing software onto an XeRun, shouldn't there be a blinking light (hence blinky mode) to indicate to scrutineers that the ESC is running no timing and is in blinky mode?

I have loaded the no timing software (V3_508_NO timing)onto my Xerun 60A and there is no blinky light - what gives?
(It definitely has the no timing software loaded, in Advanced settings of the USB link, all the timing settings are grayed out which is what I would expect.)
the led is very faint have a closer look and you will see it blink twice per sec
Old 08-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Will we be seeing any setups from the TC worlds? Keen to see Andy and Hara's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.