NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 03-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Just let the haters do the hating, seeing this guy on another thread hating on other products with no actual point of argument or evidence leads me to think not to take him for serious. Ofcourse we get what we pay for, what isn't factored in is the markup from the actual cost of manufacturing. Everyone who has purchased a hobbywing or hw based product will know we probably got a sweet deal and got more than what we paid for.
+1

hobbywing is not a cheap esc,but a top esc sold at a more realistic price there being no middle men jacking the price up.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey guys, I just installed the 120a xerun in my 417 and took it out today for the first time. I'm new to Hobbywing so I'm a bit confused here. My car ran very slow. I run 17.5 no timing and with my LRP/Tekin speedos I was able to put them in blinky mode. How do I do this on the HW?

I read through several pages and it looks like I need the 'stock' software, is this correct? Today I just adjusted the timing down to 0 with the controller box but my car did not have the punch it would with my other speedos. Do I need to change the firmware? I saw the link on HW's website to the software, does the software come with the stock firmware? Please help me get this esc working correctly so I can compete 17.5 no timing.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martin660
In life you get what you pay for. If you want to run a cheap ESC and replace them often or you can pay more and get a quality speed control. Seen way to many Speed Passion's and Hobby Wing products go up in smoke at our local track. I know we like to keep the cost of the hobby low put in my opinion you get what you pay for. If something seem to good to be true it usually is.
No offense, but you only have to look at the recent ETS to get a handle on reliable speedo's.... what happened to the LRP's again?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

In life you get what you pay for. If you want to run a cheap ESC and replace them often or you can pay more and get a quality speed control. Seen way to many Speed Passion's and Hobby Wing products go up in smoke at our local track. I know we like to keep the cost of the hobby low put in my opinion you get what you pay for. If something seem to good to be true it usually is.
Absolute nonsense. I've never seen a HW go up in smoke. Mine smelt a bit when I plugged it in backwards by mistake but even that one still works perfectly. I have them in 3 different cars, running on-road, off-road and in the wet.

Seen plenty of Tekins go bang and behave weirdly though, despite them costing 3x what the HW does.

So in this case, no, you don't get what you pay for. The HW is cheap because there are less middle men taking a cut, not because it's cheap quality.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Old 03-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Just to make you aware we dont make any of the speed passion esc's you are talking about but the 2.1v Gt series which is the current world champion in touring car .I know who make the rest of there product but i will not post any of that info you can ask sp yourself .

thank you for your time and enjoy racing
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Just to make you aware we dont make any of the speed passion esc's you are talking about but the 2.1v Gt series which is the current world champion in touring car .I know who make the rest of there product but i will not post any of that info you can ask sp yourself .

thank you for your time and enjoy racing
Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

double post
Old 03-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking

I see a lot of people disagreeing with the likely troll's statement that you get what you pay for. Quite honestly the troll is completely right, you get what you pay for. A large part of what you pay for with the big name companies is...the big brand name. This is not anything new, nor specific to esc's, or even electronics or hobbies.

Full disclosure: I have a Tekin RS Pro for my buggy and a Castle Sidewinder SCT for my SC and am looking forward to seeing what the HW v3 has to offer...I live on dirt instead of carpet or pavement.

Stop making me wait already!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:48 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KJR
I've noticed a problem with my 1s esc.
I think it has to do with the "traction control setting" in your transmitter, can you put it on "INH", instead of "ACT".....

Edit, I see it's the older Super Exzes, so you have to look at the "throttle speed"...

What you can do, is switch your ESC and steering servo in your receiver, and see how the steering servo reacts on throttle input, or how the ESC reacts on steering input.....

Last edited by M7H; 03-06-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC.Jon22
Hey guys, I just installed the 120a xerun in my 417 and took it out today for the first time. I'm new to Hobbywing so I'm a bit confused here. My car ran very slow. I run 17.5 no timing and with my LRP/Tekin speedos I was able to put them in blinky mode. How do I do this on the HW?

I read through several pages and it looks like I need the 'stock' software, is this correct? Today I just adjusted the timing down to 0 with the controller box but my car did not have the punch it would with my other speedos. Do I need to change the firmware? I saw the link on HW's website to the software, does the software come with the stock firmware? Please help me get this esc working correctly so I can compete 17.5 no timing.
you need to connect the esc to a computer and upgrade the software to the NO TIMING software. once this is done youll be good to go and wont need a computer anymore. They are currently working on a way that you wont need a computer to switch softwares from STOCK or MOD or NO TIMING software, it will store all the softwares on the program box at once. Very good idea IMO!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
you need to connect the esc to a computer and upgrade the software to the NO TIMING software. once this is done youll be good to go and wont need a computer anymore. They are currently working on a way that you wont need a computer to switch softwares from STOCK or MOD or NO TIMING software, it will store all the softwares on the program box at once. Very good idea IMO!
Just to be a real PIA... and make all those waiting on the V3 more keen, this is no longer needed for the V3.
Simply set boost and turbo to 0 in the software, and the Power LED (on the top, easy to see) happily blinks away... now that's ease of use!

Ed
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Just to be a real PIA... and make all those waiting on the V3 more keen, this is no longer needed for the V3.
Simply set boost and turbo to 0 in the software, and the Power LED (on the top, easy to see) happily blinks away... now that's ease of use!

Ed
Thanks Ed now you got me wanting one even more and sooner now as soon as they are available in the us ill be ordering one
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Well, I tried everything. Different radio, motor, sensor cable, battery. I tried setting up the esc's endpoints again. Tried upgrading it a few times again. Nothing.

It still recognizes throttle inputs from my radio from the lights in the ESC. The troubleshoot section in the manual says a possible cause is the switch. Should I buy another switch and give that a try or just send it in for repair?? Can anyone confirm to where I should ship it to so I can compare it to the one I have?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are you sure you calibrated the speed control correctly? I just got off the phone with a customer who was having a similiar problem. Turns out he was not pushing the button at each step of calibration. Doing it correctly fixed his problem.

Brian Wynn

Team CRC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.