Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Ive been invited to a race which will be held in beijing china this weekend aparently the chinese Government has built the track and the facilities being tar based and have invited all top class drivers from around the world and paid for the travel and accomodation then they are going to tear up the track the week after .God now this is something not only Australia needs as support but im sure the rest of the r/c world would like something like this from there own countries officials .

Good work China and may everyone attending have great success but also top fun .
Old 10-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRF4evr
how long is the delay of the release of the V3? will it be released this year or the start of next year?
It is this year.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Just a simple question how many of you would like to have the following function activated on the usb link

CW-CCW which mean clock wise /counter clock wise .

I must warn you though if not used properly and you make a mistake and run it backwards there could be as chance that you can cause damage to the esc software as the math for turbo and boost at high speed could be mixed or lost running backwards .

Also we are in the process of making zero timing part of the the 6 modes we will implement in the future update thus not needing to upgrade to run zero timing through your pc or 2 in 1 programmer .Will still have the blinking leds for zero timing identification .

regards angelo
Old 10-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Whats the best software version for zero timing at the moment? Also, where is the best place to buy the settings card?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

Just a simple question how many of you would like to have the following function activated on the usb link

I must warn you though if not used properly and you make a mistake and run it backwards there could be as chance that you can cause damage to the esc software as the math for turbo and boost at high speed could be mixed or lost running backwards .

Also we are in the process of making zero timing part of the the 6 modes we will implement in the future update thus not needing to upgrade to run zero timing through your pc or 2 in 1 programmer .Will still have the blinking leds for zero timing identification .

regards angelo
For me Angelo not needed, but I guess all TC guys will tell you the same.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys

regards angelo
If you want to stay on an even playing ground with other manufactures i would add motor direction to the main firmware. I think it would be less confusing for users.

I definitely like the idea of Blinky and timing software being the same. I always thought it was odd to reload software to switch between the two.

This would leave 2 versions, 1 for MOD and 1 for timing\blinky?

FYI, It would make tech easier at national races if you could place an LED on the top of the V3 for blinky mode indicator. I know it may be to late but something to think about for the future. In the mean time please make the LED brighter and don't flash it at such a high frequency so it's easier to see.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Angelo,

Do you know if very many TC drivers are using drag brake?

I started using this in my 17.5 car and it seems kind of weak. I have it set to 100% and it barely slows the car. I have not loaded the latest version yet, do you think this will help since it's supposed to have improved braking?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Angelo,

I started using this in my 17.5 car and it seems kind of weak. I have it set to 100% and it barely slows the car. I have not loaded the latest version yet, do you think this will help since it's supposed to have improved braking?
I prefer to use drag brake, dont know why, just fits my driving style. Having changed to the hobbywing esc, it isnt and strong as others. Me personaly, would prefer it to be more effective and adjustable
Old 10-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ive been invited to a race which will be held in beijing china this weekend aparently the chinese Government has built the track and the facilities being tar based and have invited all top class drivers from around the world and paid for the travel and accomodation then they are going to tear up the track the week after .God now this is something not only Australia needs as support but im sure the rest of the r/c world would like something like this from there own countries officials .

Good work China and may everyone attending have great success but also top fun .
welcome to beijing ! top guns will be there , hope you have a good race and enjoy your stay . PS .v3 will be at the race .
Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angelo,

what FDR are you running ? the lower you go the more ineffective the brakes will be ,thats what happen when i use 3.6 FDR .
Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-12-2023 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldnoob
what FDR are you running ? the lower you go the more ineffective the brakes will be ,thats what happen when i use 3.6 FDR .
I am running a 3.8 FDR but my other ESC's work fine with this FDR. This other ESC had the same problem in the beginning and it took them quite some time to fix it.

Hopefully the Hobbywing group can figure it out sooner than later.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

After update my hw xerun 120A v2.1 to V3 508 , couldnt return older software, exmaple v1 508.

( use turnigy 2 in 1 programm box )
Old 10-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

Where can I find information on the race?

About the direction of rotation of the engine can not find it necessary.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you want to stay on an even playing ground with other manufactures i would add motor direction to the main firmware. I think it would be less confusing for users.

I definitely like the idea of Blinky and timing software being the same. I always thought it was odd to reload software to switch between the two.

This would leave 2 versions, 1 for MOD and 1 for timing\blinky?

FYI, It would make tech easier at national races if you could place an LED on the top of the V3 for blinky mode indicator. I know it may be to late but something to think about for the future. In the mean time please make the LED brighter and don't flash it at such a high frequency so it's easier to see.
You mean it would leave one software version? I personally dot bother with the mod software anymore, it is just a limited version of the stock software after all.
I just load up a separate profile on the programming card, so can switch between a mod and stock motor very easily. Just need to be sensible with the settings you use woth the mod motor, nothing more.

Angelo, I was thinking of coming up to Beijing this weekend I watch the Beijing race, but don't get back from Singapore until tomorrow night, and haven't made any arrangement to get up there yet... Could do a sleeper train I guess!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.