Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
how are you running 78 boost mine doesnt go that high, also i thought the highest combined timing was 64 if thats true why are people running 50 somthing boost and 20 turbo some of the settings i see dont make sence.

The total settings between boost and turbo do not have to add upto 64. However, the total amount that is actually applied will only add upto 64. So, the way I understand it (and I am not the expert but).

ie. Boost 50, Turbo 20. Turbo delay .1, Boost Ramp 300rpm/Unit, Turbo FULL. (turbo full for ease of explaination.) Boost start 5000rpm.

Lets say your car is accelerating at full throttle, and you have your turbo delay set for .1sec. The car has a boost range from 5000 to 20,000rpm. Half way thru the acceleration phase, your ESC will have have applied half boost. You cars motor is spining at approx 10,000 rpm (25 Units of Boost). But, at that exact moment your turbo kicks in! (Only because your at WOT for .1 delay)., now the turbo instantly gets added on, so you know have 45 Units of "Boost/Timing". You car now continues to accelerate, and the rest of the boost will be added (64-45=19; 19*300rpm/unit=5700 End RPM=15,700)

By having your turbo come on before your boost phase is over, you have effectively shorted the boost phase, giving your car more power thru the middle rpm band. Of course this also leads to more heat in the motor too. A way of avoiding this extra power is to increase the delay of the turbo, so it only happens when the motor rpm is higher then 20,000 (The original End Rpm)

WARNING: The above is only my _theory_, its based on my personal knowledge, and experience.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Just dug through my note book and found a setting from Friday which seemed to work, I thought it was slow but the logger says otherwise.

Motor 21.5T HW
F/W 0401STK_LOG
DDRS 9
Boost 78
Slope 36
Turbo 22
Start 1/4000
Delay 1.4s
Acc 300

FDR 4:1

Cherry
is this that new firmware?
do you have links?
and you got 78 boost?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
is this that new firmware?
do you have links?
and you got 78 boost?
i want that tooooOO!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
i want that tooooOO!
me to
Old 04-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smilekt
me to
me too...
Old 04-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PeterTaal
Hi All,

With the 60A version of the v2.1 esc, what is the lowest number motor I can use with modified settings (touring car, 2s, asphalt, rubber)? Can I use a 6.5T motor with it ? And with how much boost etc... ? I read somewhere that it can handle a 5.5T motor.

THX
Pete
Hi Fellas,

Does anyone have any info, what is the real motor limit of the 60A v2.1 ESC ?

Thanks,
Pete
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Fellas,

Thanks,
Pete
i think limit to 8.5t & above with turbo ...

Info from manual sheet

Suitable Brushless Motor:
With 2 cells Lipo or 4-6 cells NiMH, 1/10 on-road: >=5.5T, 1/10 off-road: >=8.5T
With 3 cells Lipo or 7-9 cells NiMH, 1/10 on-road: >=10.5T, 1/10 off-road: >=17.5T
Old 04-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Fellas,

Thanks,
Pete
Originally Posted by smilekt
i think limit to 8.5t & above with turbo ...

Info from manual sheet

Suitable Brushless Motor:
With 2 cells Lipo or 4-6 cells NiMH, 1/10 on-road: >=5.5T, 1/10 off-road: >=8.5T
With 3 cells Lipo or 7-9 cells NiMH, 1/10 on-road: >=10.5T, 1/10 off-road: >=17.5T
Last year I ran a speed passion lpf, which is the same as a 60A on a LRP 7.5 with mod software for almost a year with no hassels, but personally i would run a 120 with mod motors as then you are sure you are safe
Old 04-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi guys

Im in the early stages of producing an affordable RTR ELECTRIC 1/8TH BUGGY and searched youtube to have a look at the hpi vorza and came across this video take a look .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91oQcK585eQ
Bad Gearing,

Angelo can you Please asked Michael about the new Firmware,
Surely the RPM Log esc Firmware one,.. thank's
Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bad Gearing,

Scratched record
Old 04-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Bad Gearing,

Dont you got it Irgo, it has been mailed a few days ago.
Think the log works great, allready 0,3 sec./lap faster, think Cobra has deleted you from the mailing list..?
Old 04-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rbakker
Dont you got it Irgo, it has been mailed a few days ago.
Think the log works great, allready 0,3 sec./lap faster, think Cobra has deleted you from the mailing list..?
Did i miss something or is this just a wind up for irgo?
Old 04-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

Just to get off the topic of esc's for this moment ive been doing some research on Lipo batterys with our partner who owns part of our brand Pro Amps who is also a millitary factory based in china .

Ive been going backwards and forwards with info and learning more and more while asking the questions,visiting the factory and some of my own testing here in Australia.

I just wanted to leanr more and understand more plus break the myth buster as they say about lipo ballooning and swelling also over discharging and over charging .

what i did was charged up 25 pieces of the 7.4v 60 5500mah on just a normal charger with a balancer .10 pieces were charged with no balancer and the rest with balancer connected .

I charged all batterys full and left the batterys for 2 months just sitting in the office.when they say that you need to store the battery at 85% of charge is a myth from what i found out and from what i asked the head engineers at the factory .I then used the batterys in cars and then charged them again and left them for 1 week found no swelling on any of the batterys ..After my testing was complete i asked some more questions to the engineers about please tell me why do batterys swell and why do batterys lose say a cell during operation .

What i was told was Batterys will only swell if the chemistry is contaminated and that would be caused from factory not from over discharging or over charging.

I also asked why do the batterys sometimes drop cells and i was told that the cel will only be dropped and never be recovered is when you over discharge the battery during discharge on load or discharging the battery with the charger and going below its cutoff which is manufactured in the cell and that all cells vary some cutoffs are at 3.4v.3.3v 3.2v some at 3.0v and some at 2.8v depending on manufacturer .

conclusion:
so guys if your battery swells its because of contamination of chemistry caused from factory during manufacture with no controlled environment and not over discharging or over charging .

Cells will drop only when allowed to drop below the built in cutoff off of the cell and for the accurate cutoff you will have to ask the manufacturer of your battery as all manufacturers vary .

cheap batterys are cheap for a reason and thats because you will probably get a maximum 50 cycles out of them were some other more expensive brands do have guarantees of over 500 cycle chargers and more .

ok thank you for your time and thanks for listening and i hope this information helps you guys out when choosing to buy your next cells.
Hi have had 2 high quality batteries swell up on me both time it was because I left them plugged into the ESC (switch off) for over a week! the low drain is enough to take the voltage to low and swell, I have managed to charge and balance them and all would appear fine except for the swelling. I am not brave enough to run them in anger though! :-)
Old 04-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Guys,

Any idea why when a run the 211 software instead if 518 the motor seems really flat with no punch or top end? I use exactly the same settings for both, is there something I should be changing when I upgrade to 211? Motor i run 13.5 Hobbywing

Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FunkyDunky
Did i miss something or is this just a wind up for irgo?
Will mail the logger to you asap.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.