Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham Oliver
I'm no lawyer and certainly not an expert in US law as I live in the UK, but as far as I know if it can be shown that an idea or concept was already known about or in existing use or in the public domain prior to any patent application, then it would be extremely difficult to enforce any such patent in a court of law. It's quite interesting to note that the patent in question pertains to the USA only - I have no idea what the implications of this are, but I find it very strange that if anybody comes up with what they consider to be an innovative, new and absolutely unique technique or process that they do not apply for for a worldwide patent ?

Maybe someone on this forum with more knowledge of US law could comment...
Technical term is prior art (I've had a bit of exposure to IP defences at work, and picked a few patents apart)... now, looking at the date of the application, I'm trying to recall when the KO brushed esc were avaliable on the market... as that's pretty much obvious prior art there, as they could be programed by the RX connector.

Also agree, don't see a patent issue date... so assuming it's a pat pending document.

On another interesting point, if it was to come through, then the only ESC bar the Castles that would be legal are the GM's, as they are programmed via the sensor port, and the application is pretty explicite about using the RX port..
Old 02-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Mitch sounds like your sensor lead has died, either that or ur batteries have deteriorated and now wont give the voltage and ampage needed for turbo,
Old 02-06-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can i use 119 stock software for lrp 4.0t motor??and what differences if i use 119 mod software?
Old 02-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

sure i still remember couple years ago,
programming, using IR
infrared on Helli ESC.

but may be that would be not nice
how about Speed Passion did they pay for it?
and what about Novak Kinect ? they are using novalink
are they paying for the patent ?
Old 02-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Just ordered an Xtreme stock. Do you guys have any advice on setting it up so I don't blow anything up? Just general advice, I'll get into all the programming at a later date. Cheers
Old 02-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Inferno11
can i use 119 stock software for lrp 4.0t motor??and what differences if i use 119 mod software?
you cant change boost start rpm and boost timing acc
on v3.0_110119MOD

and boost timing is limited to 16 and turbo timing 20

So if you would like to use Stock one, be sure not to change
boost over 16 and turbo over 20.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
we removed the delay as many customers didnt like the feature just felt wrong for them so we listened and removed it in the new software so there is no delay .
Hi Angelo. This is very bad news, and I'm sure that a lot of people will complain now, because in my local track there are a lot of people using HW ESC's, and yesterday when they tried my car with version 119 they found this behavior to be faulty and they were not going to update their xeruns until this is fixed.

Today I reverted back to software 528MOD, but the Boost timing setting now is not accesible from software or the advanced programming card, and the motor when full throttle makes a strange noise and doesn't go fast, so I had to update again to 119.

For our track the reverse function is a must have, but now it is useless. It would be possible to have the old behavior back? Maybe with a new option for running mode (Forward/Brake, Forward/Brake/Reverse, Foward/Brake/Reverse with delay and Forward/Reverse)? Os making the delay time configurable?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
As far as i know no you cannot but in saying that i dont know what the sales staff have done or are doing with sales there might be a dual sp/hw distributor but at this stage i dont know as the only esc that is made by hobbywing now for sp is the GT series and to be honest im sure thats going to fade out as well .
Why is the the GT Series going to fade away and what will it be replaced with?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

tried the new software and my new 1 12 car today, 13.5t and against black diamonds and other escs, nothing got past on the straight! little slow in the infield but thats a easy fix (forgot my programbox at home, DOH!)
Old 02-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kiwidave72
hi guys,

iver downloaded 110119 and have upgraded the program box.

but im only getting only the older stock firmware software.

is there something i have missed???

cheers,
David
right click and run as administrator. i had the same issue.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

ignore above as i see there has been a reply to this matter.

Will h/w motors be on the brca list this year as i would like to run them in the btcc?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Okay, finially got back out to the track last night for a 1/12 1S run with the 119 software.

I bumped up the boost to 60, and 1deg/50rpm, 81mm rollout. It was working well. The track had alot of smaller straights in the infield, so acceleration was at a premium. Also, 1deg/100rpm proved to be faster overall.

The one thing I did notice though, was the motor is making a funny sound when I get off of the throttle. Its really loud, I have drag brake at 0%, but it seems like the software is doing something. Once the racing was over, I applied alittle throttle (20% or so holding steady), and the motor makes the same sound ever second or so. It doesnt appear to have an effect, but something is definately happening with the motor.

I changed the motor, and it makes the same sound. I dont recall the car making this sound with 1224. (I will have to re-confirm this though)

Both motors are Novak Ballistic 17.5's.

Shawn
Old 02-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Part 2 of my Post:

I installed 1224, and it does make the noise but only alittle bit. So I put 119 back on the ESC, and tried all the settings.

I have isolated it to be the Boost Ramp setting. At 1deg/200 RPM, there is no noticable noise from the motor. At 1deg/150 the noise is there, but just slightly. At 100 is quite noticeable, and at 1deg/50 the noise is very loud (I could here it from 50 feet away, thought my diff was broken at first).

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this? It is probably pushing the limit, but thats what you need to do in racing isnt it?

Shawn
Old 02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 0119 weak on the brake?

I tried the 0119 today with a Ballistic 17.5 in a TC and it felt nice powerwise but it was terrible on the brakes. Kind of a delay and overall very weak brakes.
I did all i can think of and set 100% reverse force. I had very good brake with 1224, almost too strong:-) I will try to reflash the software. Any other ideas?
Old 02-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by snabbgas
I tried the 0119 today with a Ballistic 17.5 in a TC and it felt nice powerwise but it was terrible on the brakes. Kind of a delay and overall very weak brakes.
I did all i can think of and set 100% reverse force. I had very good brake with 1224, almost too strong:-) I will try to reflash the software. Any other ideas?

I agree with you that 119 does not have the breaking power of 1224! I also run the Ballistic 17.5. But, with 119, braking for on the ESC at 100% and my radio around 75 or so, I found the breaks to be acceptable. After you flash did you re-calibrate your radio? I have found it to be a good practice. Make sure you set your brakes back to 100% on your radio before you recalibrate.
Also, setting the reverse to 100% was an old bug in the FW, but it has since been fixed.

Shawn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.