Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Radio "glitch" with Spektrum..help wanted?? >

Radio "glitch" with Spektrum..help wanted??

Radio "glitch" with Spektrum..help wanted??

Old 04-09-2010, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Radio "glitch" with Spektrum..help wanted??

Hi folks,

I recently had a situation I have never experienced and I'd appreciate some guidance, advice in order to fix the problem once and for all.

I had an intermitent error with my spektrum/sanwa combination in a nitro car where for no reason at all the throttle would "pulse" slightly even when I had the radio at full throttle (trigger pulled in all the way).

I rebound the receiver, then changed receivers TWICE, then changed the radio to another Spektrum and bound the unit still to no avail.

I tried walking away and moving the steering and throttle on the radio whilst walking ( without the motor running) and this showed no problems . I then tried the same with the motor running (thinking maybe a bearing noise could be the issue) same again, no problem found. I can stand besid ethe car whilst it is running and have it rev for warm up, no problems....as soon as I put it on the track the problem appears...

I will say that the track I was running at is surrounded by a chain mesh fence all around (maybe acting like a huge amplifier for the glitch?)

I guess it could be the throttle servo, but I have never had this problem with this car before and I have been running it for many Months now, trouble free.

I am yet to start swapping servos etc as I cannot see the point if it seems like I am chasing my tail to sort this out.

suggestions for this unusual problems guys?

All help/tips/suggestions appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance for the help
GTR
Old 04-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I would check the servo wires. But I believe you have a bad servo