R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Glitch on servos? Suggestions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/381316-glitch-servos-suggestions.html)

VWVR6_T 03-18-2010 07:18 PM

Glitch on servos? Suggestions

Hi guys, I'm having a little problem with some glitch in my servos not that bad but is there, mostly the steering. I fixed this problems before in other cars but having a little trouble now. . A new + better battery was installed, kinda minimize the problem but still some in there. What are the reasons to have a glitch in the system(servos)? I'm trying to go over all the suggestions, hopefully somebody will hit the nail. The T/B servo is digital and the steering is Hi TQ non digital. Any suggestion are welcome. Thx.

VWVR6_T 03-19-2010 08:54 AM

Any one???

jinxed 03-19-2010 09:11 AM

Check your servo wires make sure there are no bare spots that might be rubbing on metal.

VWVR6_T 03-19-2010 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by jinxed (Post 7158160)
Check your servo wires make sure there are no bare spots that might be rubbing on metal.

I will look in the receiver, that is the only place that I didn't inspect yet. Maybe there is the problem, strip cables because the vibration. Thanks
Keep it coming guys.

Steve. 03-20-2010 10:45 AM

Try a Novak Stutter Stopper across the BATT terminals of the receiver. I had all sorts of problems with my ESC and brushless motor causing glitching of the steering servo and causing the receiver to failsafe. The car was also sluggish at takeoff, no torque at all. After different receivers and batteries the only fix was a stutter stopper. I made my own for $1.50 with a 1000uF capacitor and a receiver battery lead. Totally fixed all problems including sluggishness. The car took off with such wheelspin I went up 4 teeth on the pinion and it still smokes the tires. The receiver was obviously not getting enough juice at full throttle and capacitor keeps a steady voltage at the BEC.

VWVR6_T 03-20-2010 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Steve. (Post 7162183)
Try a Novak Stutter Stopper across the BATT terminals of the receiver. I had all sorts of problems with my ESC and brushless motor causing glitching of the steering servo and causing the receiver to failsafe. The car was also sluggish at takeoff, no torque at all. After different receivers and batteries the only fix was a stutter stopper. I made my own for $1.50 with a 1000uF capacitor and a receiver battery lead. Totally fixed all problems including sluggishness. The car took off with such wheelspin I went up 4 teeth on the pinion and it still smokes the tires. The receiver was obviously not getting enough juice at full throttle and capacitor keeps a steady voltage at the BEC.

Steve, So, this work for you? When you mention "across the batt terminals" How exactly this is connected. Also my buggy is nitro if make a difference. Thanks

BuggyKing 03-20-2010 10:57 PM

it just might be that your servo is drawing to much power. you can put on a glitch buster. That usually fixes the issue.;)

GLwagon 03-21-2010 10:13 AM

What radio system? AM,FM, or 2.4ghz?
Brand or radio & servos?

Some radios have different settings for digital & non, & change the way they center.

The "pot" inside of a servo can go bad as well causing centering issues.
Some servos are made poorly & never center well.
I don't blame cheep servos either, though they tend to be more prone to it.