Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
good charger and power supply combo? >

good charger and power supply combo?

good charger and power supply combo?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default good charger and power supply combo?

I'm new to electric and looking to get into 1/8 offroad, still not sure if i'm gonna go 4-5-6 cell lipo but I THINK i've got a good power supply and charger combo. I'm looking for opinions if this combo will be able to charge those batts. in a decent ammount of time.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-6S-10A-250W
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-138V-20A-260W

I've been tossing it up between this and many of the others that have been thrown around on here. I really like the looks of the Hyperion 0606i but I am worried that if I go to larger cell count, charge time will suffer since its only 50W.

Thanks for any input.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Tyhe combo you linked would do all you wish as long as its 1C or 2C lipo charging with capacities of 5000mah. Charger's max charge rate is 10amps and this will be the limiting factor. You won't have any probs with 6S and 1C charging unless the capacity (mah) exceeds 10000mah. Looks like a good combo.

Some might think the PS need more 'overhead' wattage wise, but these seem to have some safety factor builtin these days and 20% extra wattage seems a bit much. If you are going to run charger at max wattage a lot of the time, you'll get better reliability out of a 300watt supply, but for occassional near max uses, I think the one you linked will get the job done.