Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Futaba Service Center Horror Show >

Futaba Service Center Horror Show

Futaba Service Center Horror Show

Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default Futaba Service Center Horror Show

Spring of 09 i bought a 4pk for $460 cash. Worked great, loved the radio.
Winter of 09 racing indoors, i turned on the 4pk and the LCD display was acting up. So the follow day i call to speak to a tech, and after countless times of getting the automated VM i finally get one, and then im asked to hold,,,, u kno the norm at futaba..... Then after explaining my problem, the tech tells me "it's on it's way out send it back" OK np!
The following week a box shows up with a used 4pk that was clearly not my custom wrapped 4pk. I call back! "hello yada yada i want my radio back repaired or a new one" ok we'll send you a call tag, and when you send that one back we'll send you a new one... OK np
Today I get a phone call from a women at Futaba Services (Krista Hunt). Well lets just say Krista was none to sympathetic for my situation, after she continued to insist the radio sent to me was "new", she then said quickly "This radio is new and im sending it back to you"., then hung up on me while i was still talking. :flam ing:

The sad part is this is the second time something like this has happened to me with Futaba Service Center. Back with the 3pk era I sent one in for repair and they lost it, and had to send me a new one after fighting with them for over a month, well during those weeks I was missing races so I bought a second, then 2 months goes by and my original showed up at my door still broken.. i had three 3pk's! You would think I learned my lesson with them!
So now there is a so called "new" 4pk being shipped back to me, and it and the 6-7 BLS servos are all going F/S... Airtronics/Hitech here I come!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I hear what you're saying. I had very bad luck with them too. I wish I would have kept all my JR/KO Propo stuff.

Post 1213
http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...ba-4pk-81.html