Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba Service Center Horror Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default Futaba Service Center Horror Show

Spring of 09 i bought a 4pk for $460 cash. Worked great, loved the radio.
Winter of 09 racing indoors, i turned on the 4pk and the LCD display was acting up. So the follow day i call to speak to a tech, and after countless times of getting the automated VM i finally get one, and then im asked to hold,,,, u kno the norm at futaba..... Then after explaining my problem, the tech tells me "it's on it's way out send it back" OK np!
The following week a box shows up with a used 4pk that was clearly not my custom wrapped 4pk. I call back! "hello yada yada i want my radio back repaired or a new one" ok we'll send you a call tag, and when you send that one back we'll send you a new one... OK np
Today I get a phone call from a women at Futaba Services (Krista Hunt). Well lets just say Krista was none to sympathetic for my situation, after she continued to insist the radio sent to me was "new", she then said quickly "This radio is new and im sending it back to you"., then hung up on me while i was still talking. :flam ing:

The sad part is this is the second time something like this has happened to me with Futaba Service Center. Back with the 3pk era I sent one in for repair and they lost it, and had to send me a new one after fighting with them for over a month, well during those weeks I was missing races so I bought a second, then 2 months goes by and my original showed up at my door still broken.. i had three 3pk's! You would think I learned my lesson with them!
So now there is a so called "new" 4pk being shipped back to me, and it and the 6-7 BLS servos are all going F/S... Airtronics/Hitech here I come!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Spring of 09 i bought a 4pk for $460 cash. Worked great, loved the radio.
Winter of 09 racing indoors, i turned on the 4pk and the LCD display was acting up. So the follow day i call to speak to a tech, and after countless times of getting the automated VM i finally get one, and then im asked to hold,,,, u kno the norm at futaba..... Then after explaining my problem, the tech tells me "it's on it's way out send it back" OK np!
The following week a box shows up with a used 4pk that was clearly not my custom wrapped 4pk. I call back! "hello yada yada i want my radio back repaired or a new one" ok we'll send you a call tag, and when you send that one back we'll send you a new one... OK np
Today I get a phone call from a women at Futaba Services (Krista Hunt). Well lets just say Krista was none to sympathetic for my situation, after she continued to insist the radio sent to me was "new", she then said quickly "This radio is new and im sending it back to you"., then hung up on me while i was still talking. :flam ing:

The sad part is this is the second time something like this has happened to me with Futaba Service Center. Back with the 3pk era I sent one in for repair and they lost it, and had to send me a new one after fighting with them for over a month, well during those weeks I was missing races so I bought a second, then 2 months goes by and my original showed up at my door still broken.. i had three 3pk's! You would think I learned my lesson with them!
So now there is a so called "new" 4pk being shipped back to me, and it and the 6-7 BLS servos are all going F/S... Airtronics/Hitech here I come!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well you certainly learned your lesson. This is a perfect example of rotten customer service. If I were you I wouldn't even dare buying any of there products from this day. But this kind of problem can happen to anybody. I had this kind of issue with my Duratrax vehicule(evader bx). Problem after problem. But atleast the customer service was good.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Hitec or KO servos yes! You should look into KO for a TX and RX though. IF and thats IF you have a problem, Robert will take care of it fast!
Thx Jimmy! I never ran anything else so picking new stuff is gonna be tough.

Originally Posted by B4power
Well you certainly learned your lesson. This is a perfect example of rotten customer service. If I were you I wouldn't even dare buying any of there products from this day. But this kind of problem can happen to anybody. I had this kind of issue with my Duratrax vehicule(evader bx). Problem after problem. But atleast the customer service was good.
about $2000 or more i spent on futaba gear last year... ALL FOR SALE!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

the KO Eurus should out by the time you sell you futaba
Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Just a bit about recent Spektrum service. I had an intermittent RX that I sent in for repair. A tech called me & told me he was testing my RX & could not find a problem. I told him it was intermittant & he sent me a referbished unit that worked perfectly. The whole thing took less than 3 weeks door to door.

Recently a pit buddy of mine had the trigger on his DX3 break (internally). He sent it in on a Monday & had it back repaired about a week & a half later.

I have also had good luck with Hitek & Airtronics.

FYI
Old 01-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by whitrzac
the KO Eurus should out by the time you sell you futaba
that may be the plan..
Old 01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
Just a bit about recent Spektrum service. I had an intermittent RX that I sent in for repair. A tech called me & told me he was testing my RX & could not find a problem. I told him it was intermittant & he sent me a referbished unit that worked perfectly. The whole thing took less than 3 weeks door to door.

Recently a pit buddy of mine had the trigger on his DX3 break (internally). He sent it in on a Monday & had it back repaired about a week & a half later.

I have also had good luck with Hitek & Airtronics.

FYI
I also had some recent Spektrum service, and as of right now. I will always
use their surface radios. Thay have real support
Old 01-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Futaba customer service in the US = Hobbico. That says it all right there.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Spektrum service is great, I have had a few antenna solder joints break sent the rx in for service and receive a new one or mine repaired in a timely manner.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow thats surprising considering futaba makes very high quality products (for the most part), atleast now I know to stay clear of them now haha thanks for letting me know guys.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Damn, that sucks. It sucks when you plop down your hard earned cash on a product and have someone that represents that company who made that product snub you.

What I would do, write a professional, but ANGRY letter to Futaba corporate, stating the names of the employees that offended you. Tell them that this is unacceptable and that you DEMAND an apology for their attitude and poor service.

Time Warner once ticked me off so bad that I demanded an apology. A month later, their VP personally (or maybe her secretary) wrote me a letter of apology and wrote off 6-months worth of service for reparation...

An apology is all you should be looking for, and you should demand it.

But you did the right thing, you tried to work out the problem with the manufacturer first, twice, thanks for sharing. I always like to avoid companies who doesn't have the patience to hire someone with a good attitude... There's a TON of skilled, unemployed people with great attitude out there. No employers should have to settle for an employee with bad behaviors...
Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Damn, that sucks. It sucks when you plop down your hard earned cash on a product and have someone that represents that company who made that product snub you.

What I would do, write a professional, but ANGRY letter to Futaba corporate, stating the names of the employees that offended you. Tell them that this is unacceptable and that you DEMAND an apology for their attitude and poor service.

Time Warner once ticked me off so bad that I demanded an apology. A month later, their VP personally (or maybe her secretary) wrote me a letter of apology and wrote off 6-months worth of service for reparation...

An apology is all you should be looking for, and you should demand it.

But you did the right thing, you tried to work out the problem with the manufacturer first, twice, thanks for sharing. I always like to avoid companies who doesn't have the patience to hire someone with a good attitude... There's a TON of skilled, unemployed people with great attitude out there. No employers should have to settle for an employee with bad behaviors...

but those bad employees are usualy willing to work for less... so guess who gets hired
Old 01-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim3
I also had some recent Spektrum service, and as of right now. I will always
use their surface radios. Thay have real support
ill have to see how their customer service is, personally i see the dx3r and other lower radios being cheap, even though i own one. i already have buttons going like my basic steering trim. and it hasnt been long since i bought it.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

m11

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.