Search

Tx Radio - User Review - Please Participate

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tx Radio - User Review - Please Participate

Looking for user reviews of Tx Radios.

Please don't hold back. This is for a user that desires good feel, A.B.S. and low weight on left wrist, which was shattered in a accident.

Found myself staring at the M11x and drooling. Need user thoughts before dropping that kind'a cash. This is for racing electrics... maybe moving into 1/8 scale off-road in spring.

Best A.B.S.???

Synthesized vs. Spektrum?????????????????

A) Futaba
B) KO
C) JR Z-1
D) Airtronics - M11 or M11x
E) Spektrum - DX3s or DX3r
F) ETC.

Thanks in advanced for your advice and insight.

Last edited by SouthernMan; 11-19-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

If low left wrist weight is a priority, and it’s for racing electrics, it’s pretty hard to beat the DX3R. Just doesn’t have ABS, no experience myself but from what I’ve heard ABS isn’t all that useful for most. Not sure what would be the lightest with ABS. Feel is very subjective of course, but Spek does offer a bigger grip that some really like. I like the Dynamite wheel better than the stock one, firmer foam.

I vote for any modern race level 2.4GHz system over a synthesized deal.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Spektrum vs. FHSS ???

So A.B.S. isn't that useful? Is it that it doesn't work or doesn't apply to a RC off-road vehicle.

What about Spektrum(DX3r) vs. FHSS-2/FHSS-3(New Spekrum) ??????

I was reading up on the "roaming hundreds of times a sec." that the FHSS-2 and/or FHSS-3 accomplish for, as they say, a more secure bind. Is this worth a look?
Old 11-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

One word of advice i can give you no matter what radio you get in the end, if you have the charger to do it is to get yourself a LIPO pack for the radio... A it last sooooo much longer then your regular Duracells, I have a Yeah Racing Pack for my radio charged it 2 times in 6 months and that was practicing 2-3 during the week racing friday nights and some saturdays and B so much lighter and would be great for your situation... If i had to go with any i would get the 3PK personally but again thats MO, i know some guys feel the M8's and M11's can be top heavy. But Spektrum makes great radios never used one and my LHS doesnt carry them thats why i stuck with all Airtronics stuff. Good Luck to you best advice is if you can get to you LHS and see what they carry and hold them and see what feels natural to you. And make your final choice of that... You can look at the specs all day long but that doesn't mean it will be comfortable. Again Good Luck and let us all know what you chose.

Mike
Old 11-21-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

I have a KO EX1UR and love it. Although the style is like a 20 yr old design with a tiny LCD screen compared to others, its functionality is on par with any other pro tx. I also tried my friend's EX10, but I find it to be much heavier than the EX1.

Recently, I start using the ABS function for my 1/12 scale (2wd) and it works as advertised. It needs a longer braking distance, but will keep the car from spinouts because it 'pumps' the brake action.