Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
spectrum radio losing signal >

spectrum radio losing signal

spectrum radio losing signal

Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default spectrum radio losing signal

I was out in the driveway tonight making sure that everything was straight and about 25-30 feet away I would lise signal.

here is what I am running

10r5, GTB4cell, for RX TX and PT 7.4 300mah with 6.0v converter 1slipo,sr3000 and a SM1000 module

I will try and rebind my radio, I have tried this with and without the receiver pack and voltage regulator. I did have to re solder a couple of wires last night for the esc....

Last edited by Tha Skinny; 10-20-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Turn off power to Rx and Tx. Press and bind button on top of Rx while you power up the Rx until light inside Rx flashes. Let go of bind button on Rx. Push and hold bind button on Tx module and turn Tx on until light inside Tx module flashes. Let go of bind button on Tx. When lights on both units stop flashing, binding is complete.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

So I rebound last night and the problem occured again, but when I would get a couple feet closer it would catch signal again I found that If I hold the radio antenna up no problems at allI don't get it. Can anything interfear with 2.4ghz?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you Admin for moving my post to the correct area
Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
So I rebound last night and the problem occured again, but when I would get a couple feet closer it would catch signal again I found that If I hold the radio antenna up no problems at allI don't get it. Can anything interfear with 2.4ghz?
Yes, plenty of things can interfere with 2.4GHz. Microwave ovens, some cordless phones, WiFi, etc. all use 2.4GHz. In addition, you could be seeing what is called "multipath", where reflected signals interfere with the original signal (a sort of destructve interference). Does the same problem happen outside, away from buildings, etc.?

Do you have the Rx antenna fully extended? Is it the original length, or was it shortened? Is the Rx or antenna near the ESC (or a capacitor for the ESC)? Sometimes that can also cause glitching. Are the batteries in the Tx fully charged? You could also have a broken antenna wire in either the Rx or Tx. Does a second Rx have the same problem?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not sure on using another rx I will look at a few more things. Luckily this has never happened out at the track.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If it dosent happen at the track maybe it just inerferance.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thats what I am thinking. Its weird cause when I get closer it catches signal again
Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Regional Moderator

That sounds like either interference from another 2.4GHz source, or multipath from your own radio. I have issues when the Tx is very close to the Rx (like working on the car in the pits). Then the Tx overpowers the Rx and I get glitches. If I move the Tx 2 - 3 feet away, it is fine again.