Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Novak HV 6.5 1/8 problem.. HELP >

Novak HV 6.5 1/8 problem.. HELP

Novak HV 6.5 1/8 problem.. HELP

Old 08-25-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Novak HV 6.5 1/8 problem.. HELP

I am having a few problems with my HV pro 6.5 in my RC8e. The motor and esc only have 2 or 3 charges ran threw it. I am running a 3s Thunder power lipo and Futaba FM 3pk radio. When I drive it it just starts getting slower untell it cant even move. Checked my temps and nothing is over 130. I drove it the other day and it was fine. Checked my battery and it dosn't seam to be the problem. The ESC has seen 190ish once and was shut off right away and worked fine after that. Also When I go down the street and go to turn around or am just messing around I loose everything but my steering.. Like it is to hot or like the battery is cutting out... But the battery is charged and the esc and motor arn't over 160. I have checked connections and even took off the on/off switch.. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Nick
Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by FactoryRacing23
I am having a few problems with my HV pro 6.5 in my RC8e. The motor and esc only have 2 or 3 charges ran threw it. I am running a 3s Thunder power lipo and Futaba FM 3pk radio. When I drive it it just starts getting slower untell it cant even move. Checked my temps and nothing is over 130. I drove it the other day and it was fine. Checked my battery and it dosn't seam to be the problem. The ESC has seen 190ish once and was shut off right away and worked fine after that. Also When I go down the street and go to turn around or am just messing around I loose everything but my steering.. Like it is to hot or like the battery is cutting out... But the battery is charged and the esc and motor arn't over 160. I have checked connections and even took off the on/off switch.. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Nick
Hi Nick,

You may need to email [email protected] with your question.

Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ warranty claim?
~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity)
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc

The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I was told that with my two 2s lipos that they need to be at least 30c's, if lower than that I could have problems. Also if I put a jumper wire to run a single pack I need a receiver pack because there isn't enough voltage to for the receiver. Hope this helps. Mine screams and I have the same system.