Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba smaller receiver options?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Futaba smaller receiver options?

I'm loving my 3PK and the Futaba systems in general. If there was one thing I'd change would be the ability to use a smaller receiver than the R604FS or R603FS. Sometimes it's just too cramped in the box and a smaller receiver would be nice. As far as I can tell, Futaba doesn't make smaller surface FASST receivers for 1/18 1/12 etc. I know on the plane side of things they've got some really nice (and tiny) 4-channel receivers but no clue if they'll bind and can be used for surface.

Anyone have any experience or solutions for this?

**Edit: for the 3PK specifically. I know they make smaller surface receivers like the R6004FF for the 6EX radio etc.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry the 4 channel air receiver will not bind with the surface system. As of right now the 3PK you have the R603 receivers for surface and they are a tight fit. I have used them in my 1/12 and 1/18 stuff and it fits but it's tight.

Trust me, Futaba Japan has been asked for a smaller receiver.

Socko
Old 08-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the info and reply Jonny. One of the guys at my LHS is a Futaba-sponsored racer and thought it might be a possibility but hadn't gotten a response from Futaba about it or had the chance to test it himself so I figured I'd leverage the collective RC Tech community and ask too

With 1/8 scale boxes seeming to get smaller every year, it would be nice if they updated the 603 or came out with a smaller option for surface.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I hope they fix the overheating before making it smaller.....