R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   m11 not centering (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/320585-m11-not-centering.html)

dreaux 08-17-2009 06:23 PM

m11 not centering

When i put my buggy with tires on the ground and turn the wheel left its fine, but when it returns it is off center. When i do it off the ground on the starter box i think it is still off. Although much harder to tell. Is this normal? And it only does it in one direction.

i don't think it could be my setup or trim tried all that.

anyone ever heard of this?:confused:

BigRed 08-17-2009 06:39 PM

Mine is doing that, but I believe it is the servo. After 4 years steering an 1/8th scale, it about time to replace it.

dreaux 08-17-2009 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by BigRed (Post 6218031)
Mine is doing that, but I believe it is the servo. After 4 years steering an 1/8th scale, it about time to replace it.

how could it be my servo? its a brand new 7955:confused:

dreaux 08-17-2009 07:42 PM

ok. just about brand new hitec 7955 and a recently bought m11. My endpoints were set a little far to begin with but that was only for a little bit and there is Zero play in the servo.

Someone has to have somekind of answer.

Scott Fisher 08-17-2009 07:48 PM

I had a problem similar to this 10 years ago with a brand new M8 radio. I noticed that every time I turned on my truck I had to adjust the steering trim. Many times it was 10 clicks or more on the radio. It turned out that I had a bad steering pot in the radio.

dreaux 08-17-2009 07:55 PM

it's not a trim problem. But you think it could be related to the same defect? Of maybe i droped it (happened a couple weeks ago) and damaged it?:(

Scott Fisher 08-17-2009 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by dreaux (Post 6218571)
it's not a trim problem. But you think it could be related to the same defect? Of maybe i droped it (happened a couple weeks ago) and damaged it?:(

My radio didn't have a trim problem either. Every time I used the vehicle the wheels would be off center a little. Your problem might be the servo. Try installing a different servo and see if the problem still exists. Process of elimination.

BigRed 08-18-2009 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher (Post 6218580)
My radio didn't have a trim problem either. Every time I used the vehicle the wheels would be off center a little. Your problem might be the servo. Try installing a different servo and see if the problem still exists. Process of elimination.

I guess I should've made my post more clear, try a new servo and see if its that. Its possible your wheel on the radio might be gummed up with either dirt or dust. Mine was.

dreaux 08-20-2009 07:14 AM

i thought i fixed the problem. But i guessed i never figured it out. Installed a new servo and it worked fine. What i can't understand is it's a brand new 7955 tg servo. everyone told me to get it and it was the best etc etc. I am very unhappy, being that i cannot find the reciept now. How much would hitec charge me to fix it out of pocket?:cry:

ShootinBlanks 08-20-2009 07:24 AM

i have a buddy who fried his servo of 2 years old, he didnt send in the bill of sale and they fixed it under warranty and told him next time he has to send the bill in or they wouldnt warranty it. if you got it locally, then get them to make up a dummy receipt and there you go. otherwise email the place you bought it and explain your problem and maybe htey migt exchange it or make up a second receipt for you.

Chris__RC 08-20-2009 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by dreaux (Post 6231440)
everyone told me to get it and it was the best etc etc. I am very unhappy, being that i cannot find the reciept now. How much would hitec charge me to fix it out of pocket?:cry:

Everyone told you to get it because it ahs the best warranty. Send it in without the receipt, write a paragraph about what is happening, and you will get a new servo in the mail in a couple weeks.

You have to pay shipping out of pocket. :nod: