Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Help With Losi Xcelorin >

Help With Losi Xcelorin

Help With Losi Xcelorin

Old 07-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help With Losi Xcelorin

K guys, today i bought a Losi Xcelorin 6400 kv brushless system for my hpi firestorm, and i am running a 5000mah 2s lipo, i am having trouble getting my esc to connect with my computer with the software that came with the car, and if i cant get the software to work, i also need help getting my car to get full power, i tried the settings, but everything i do with that board that came with it, doest not effect my esc. Please help thanks.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For getting your ESC connected to the computer - Make sure you've downloaded the latest version of the software from Losi's website.

First up the Losi software, then, plug the USB cable into the PC. Then plug the little adapter onto the end of the USB cable. At this point the green light in the software for USB should light up. If it doesn't, try another USB port on your computer. If it lights up, great! Then make sure the ESC is disconnected from the battery and is switched off. Unplug the ESC from the receiver and plug it into the adapter, making sure you have the orientation of the plug correct (it's marked on one side of the losi adapter). The ESC light should turn green at this point and you should be ready to go.

If it doesn't work how I've described, get on the phone with Horizon Hobby tech support, they can help you more in depth than I can.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

haha good luck its very hard to get that car up to full speend its just so fast
Old 08-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Rookie

this is a old thread but i never replied to it so, well i never got the software to work with the xcelorin esc, and the next day the esc died on me, so i only got to drive it once, and it was very slow when i drove it, so today i just bought a brand new traxxas velinion esc and motor combo, and the traxxas motor was kinda slow on 2s, but i put a losi 3s on it and i only got to drive it for like a minute and then my 3s lipo fried, so i just put my 2s lipo with the 6400kv motor and the traxxas esc, and i only got to put around in the garage, but it seems very powerful, so hopefully it will not be raining tommorrow and i can try it out, i will give you guys the results.