Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hitec HS 7955TG

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

LOL all that time typing my post and when its posted. Jammin beat me to the actual spektrum answer by 3 post...

LOL talk about dragging on with a story out of a simple question.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJNicholson
LOL all that time typing my post and when its posted. Jammin beat me to the actual spektrum answer by 3 post...

LOL talk about dragging on with a story out of a simple question.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you are running these without a regulator, do you need to worry about the power into your receiver being too high?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akhor
If you are running these without a regulator, do you need to worry about the power into your receiver being too high?
Yes. Read the last page I just posted as did RJNicholson that spektrum recievers can handle 9 volts. As for any other recievers, not sure.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

I haven't looked at Futaba Specs, but I think I heard somewhere that they aren't rated above 7 or 8 volts.

I could be completely wrong, but I'm lazy and don't want to look up the Futaba specs.

Plus I don't run Futaba.. yet.. and if they can't handle up to 9 volts I'm not dropping 450+ on the 4pk just to have to worry if my RX packs are going to blow from my 2s lipo.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
Send it....i would be shocked if they didn't at least offer you something comparable to what they have now....Seriously they will honor it.
I sent Hitec a fried 4 year old 5955TG which I had used as a steering servo for my 20 pound Cen Genesis. Four days later I received a new 7955TG. Hows that for service.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tree
I sent Hitec a fried 4 year old 5955TG which I had used as a steering servo for my 20 pound Cen Genesis. Four days later I received a new 7955TG. Hows that for service.
That is just normal service from Hitec. I've sent in obsolete models to them & they normally will call & say they don't make it any more, would I like to pay a few dollars to be upgraded to the newest version of what ever I sent in. They have the best customer service of any business I have ever delt with (RC or other).
Old 06-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
That is just normal service from Hitec. I've sent in obsolete models to them & they normally will call & say they don't make it any more, would I like to pay a few dollars to be upgraded to the newest version of what ever I sent in. They have the best customer service of any business I have ever delt with (RC or other).
Everyone seems to feel that Hitec has great service, but I'm kind of disappointed with them. Last servo I bought from them broke after only a couple hours of use. It kept sticking and wouldn't return to a neutral position. I sent it in under warranty and got it back a couple weeks later with the receipt saying it was repaired. I was just itching to go run my buggy so I hooked it up and tested it and it still sticks. They didn't fix it. I waited two weeks without running my RC for nothing. It was just a cheap 625MG so I guess you can expect that to break, but I think it should have lasted longer than just a couple hours, and the fact that it was not repaired annoyed me. So instead I moved my 965MG to the throttle and bought a Futaba S9452 for steering. Thanks Hitec...
Old 06-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

this is the wrong spot to posy this but i just 2 x jr 9100t servo .. am i able to run these direct on lipo or do i still need a reg ty
Old 06-13-2009, 05:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v1r killer
this is the wrong spot to posy this but i just 2 x jr 9100t servo .. am i able to run these direct on lipo or do i still need a reg ty
You have to regulate unless they are the HV model!
I love my 9755TG... Sent mine in when I blew it out in a head-on crash, they fixed it and sent it back! Great service!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since someone asked about receivers...

The receivers for Airtronics M11 DSSS and FHSS-2 radios are working fine with unregulated Lipo for me. I have both and run them unregulated.

I have a question about returning servos to HiTec. I have three that need repair. Do I need to contact HiTec before sending them? Do I need to include a note in the package?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markr04
Since someone asked about receivers...

The receivers for Airtronics M11 DSSS and FHSS-2 radios are working fine with unregulated Lipo for me. I have both and run them unregulated.

I have a question about returning servos to HiTec. I have three that need repair. Do I need to contact HiTec before sending them? Do I need to include a note in the package?
Just put a letter in the package telling them what happened and what the servo is doing or not doing and make sure there is a clear return address and contact phone number and send them in. No need to call. I just returned a servo for repair and I called, hitec said there was no need to call just send them in.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Frank L
Just put a letter in the package telling them what happened and what the servo is doing or not doing and make sure there is a clear return address and contact phone number and send them in. No need to call. I just returned a servo for repair and I called, hitec said there was no need to call just send them in.

X2
Old 12-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

What about waterproofing this servo? We live in seattle where it rains a lot...

Any thoughts?
Old 12-24-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

has anyone had this problem:

http://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=11284

If the link to another forum is an issue let me know and I can remove it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.