Help with charging/balancing losi lipo >

Help with charging/balancing losi lipo

Help with charging/balancing losi lipo

Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Help with charging/balancing losi lipo

Hi all

Ive just bought a 2nd hand truggy starter box with the Team Losi 4S Li-Poly Starter Box Battery Pack 20C (14.8V/2200mAh)
this one http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/21887

Ive got the venom charger with the lipo balancer
this one
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/29712

The problem is the losi plug doesnt fit the balancer on this charger
is there any one thats overcome this issue?

Is there some sort of converter to get them to fit properly?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glyde View Post
The problem is the losi plug doesnt fit the balancer on this charger
is there any one thats overcome this issue?
There should be an adaptor cable for your charger to balance Thunder Power batteries and the Losi balance adpater is the same as Thunder Power
Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the venom charger didnt come with any adaptors just the balance block for lipo which the losi plug doesnt fit
it just comes with the accessories on the pic here
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/29712
were can i get this adaptor or will i have to get a special balancer for it, which i really rather not have to buy.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just went thru this with a Accucel-6 charger. Balance taps just plugs into side of charger.

The Venom Pro comes ready to connect JST (also called Align style tap) type taps. I got an adapter board from HobbyCity - now a harness plugs into the side and various boards connect ot the harness to let me connect JST, Hyperion and Kokam style balance connections.

Since the Accucel-6 and Venom both accept JST directly, the harness that works for Accucell-6 should work for yours. Problem is, I don't know what style tap is used on your Losi batt, its got to be one of the 4 in use, but which I don't know. I have lipos with all 4 types, so I bought all the adapters (3 additional - already have the JST on the charger).

Here's what I'm talking about -

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...lancer/Charger

Go down below the charger and there are "Related Products"
imax EH adapter, FP & TP adapter and HP & PQ adapter. These are the adapters and include teh harness that should plug into the side of your Pro.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
I just went thru this with a Accucel-6 charger. Balance taps just plugs into side of charger.

The Venom Pro comes ready to connect JST (also called Align style tap) type taps. I got an adapter board from HobbyCity - now a harness plugs into the side and various boards connect ot the harness to let me connect JST, Hyperion and Kokam style balance connections.

Since the Accucel-6 and Venom both accept JST directly, the harness that works for Accucell-6 should work for yours. Problem is, I don't know what style tap is used on your Losi batt, its got to be one of the 4 in use, but which I don't know. I have lipos with all 4 types, so I bought all the adapters (3 additional - already have the JST on the charger).

Here's what I'm talking about -

Go down below the charger and there are "Related Products"
imax EH adapter, FP & TP adapter and HP & PQ adapter. These are the adapters and include teh harness that should plug into the side of your Pro.

So this is a charger and a balancer? (I'm learning) Also would it charge my "Team Checkpoint 5400" there is no wires coming off it needs banana wires. Thanks
Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murph812 View Post
So this is a charger and a balancer? (I'm learning) Also would it charge my "Team Checkpoint 5400" there is no wires coming off it needs banana wires. Thanks
Yes, Venom Pro is a balancing charger - you hook up two sets of wires - charges thru the main power wires and balances thru wires connected to balance tap.

The hard cased lipos use something like this to balance with -

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=3702

The above harness will fit on the batt. The white nylon connector is the question, it plugs into the charger's balance port - this is made to fit a 6S Hyperion tap. This would not fit Venom balance port/tap on eeh side of the charger (JST or Align style) and would need adapter similar to one above. Actually, the adapter called HP & PQ at HobbyCity would allow everything to connect and work (HP = Hyperion).

I don't know this for sure, but since the Venom balance port is the same as the one on my Accucel-6, the same thing that adapted my Accucel-6 shoud fit the Venom Pro as well.