Wiki Posts
Search

Novak XBR SMOKE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Novak XBR SMOKE!!!

Put a NEW Novak xbr 8.5 set-up in my smash and it ran fine in the yard. Took it to the track plug the battery in put it on the track and in the first 20 feet the esc let the "magic smoke" out.. Pulled it off the track and everything seemed fine. put in a different battery and it works but the on/off switch doesn't, the esc just stays on. Only thing I can think of is that I use bullet connectors and the battery bar in my smash is close to the holes in my lipos and they both may have been touching the battery bar. I wouldn't think the stock smash battery bar would be conductive but is it???

The battery is fine, I ran it all day in my mod buggy after this.

Been around for a long time so I didn't do anything stupid Only thing I can think of is the bullets touching the battery bar. O.K. maybe that part was stupid.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That's a Novak for you! (But seriously sorry to hear about it) Maybe the switch it self fried as I have heard a few stories of that and I doubt the Slash's battery brace is conductive, that would be stupid of them to do that if it is STD one
Old 04-20-2009, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Yes it's a standard Battery brace. I've always used Novak stuff, as in for the past 15+ years and never had a problem. Was bound to happen eventually I supose. I'll still stick with the orange stuff though. I haven't tried a new switch yet but I would be very happy if that's all it was.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Yes it's a standard Battery brace. I've always used Novak stuff, as in for the past 15+ years and never had a problem. Was bound to happen eventually I supose. I'll still stick with the orange stuff though. I haven't tried a new switch yet but I would be very happy if that's all it was.
27t and a 2s lipo... I love my tekin

Old 04-21-2009, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Anybody else have any thoughts on this??