Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Airtronic MX3S versus MX3FG >

Airtronic MX3S versus MX3FG

Airtronic MX3S versus MX3FG

Old 03-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Airtronic FHSS versus FG MX-3

What's the difference between the two? What sort of improvement was made on the MX3S to warrant a MX3FG?

Last edited by tom_chang79; 03-13-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Any airtronics guru in here?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:54 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Not an Airtronics guru but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night

If I'm not mistaken, the MX-3S is the synsthesized FM version.

Now they had the MX-3FHSS 2.4Ghz radio and now they have a newer version of it with the FG designation. As far as I can tell, the only difference between them is that the new version has a higher power signal output.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hehe, thanks for pointing out my typo of the MX-3 "S." I really did mean the FHSS and the FHSS2, but you answered it anyway. Perhaps you are like the people I saw in the Holiday Inn commercial

Higher output at the antenna? My god, I wonder what drove them to do that, was it some ranging problem? These transmitters already eats up my batteries, perhaps it's time to get rechargeable ones...

I've read in another thread that the FAAST system actually puts out less power at the antenna as compared to the FHSS (or the FHSS2 now) for a comparable performance, is this true? If it is, I might decide to get the Futaba stuff for my next 2.4ghz system...

My only gripe is that the Futaba radio isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the Airtronics/Sanwa stuff (don't get me started on the aesthetics of the Spektrum, they are just plain fugly).

I suppose I might've created a spark with that fugly statement about the Spektrum, flame on
Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i dont like the triggers on the spektrum radios. you need a sausage finger to hit the brakes. the mx3 feel just like the m11 only with a higher wheel placlement. If 4 extra aa batteries adds too much weight to a radio maybe people should hit the gym instead of the track.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From what I see at my LHSm the MX-3FG is using the DSSS system whereas the MX-3 is using FHSS. I don't know which is better... anyone knows?
Old 03-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stocker View Post
From what I see at my LHSm the MX-3FG is using the DSSS system whereas the MX-3 is using FHSS. I don't know which is better... anyone knows?
they originally devoloped two systems. the fhss draw too much power and got hot. the dsss system they designed went in the m11 module kit first. thye decied they didnt need 2 incompatable systems and mad the mx3 use the same systemos they now cna use either systems reciever and it will work on the other. the fhss recievers dont work with the dsss system or vice versa
Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
Hehe, thanks for pointing out my typo of the MX-3 "S." I really did mean the FHSS and the FHSS2, but you answered it anyway. Perhaps you are like the people I saw in the Holiday Inn commercial

Higher output at the antenna? My god, I wonder what drove them to do that, was it some ranging problem? These transmitters already eats up my batteries, perhaps it's time to get rechargeable ones...

I've read in another thread that the FAAST system actually puts out less power at the antenna as compared to the FHSS (or the FHSS2 now) for a comparable performance, is this true? If it is, I might decide to get the Futaba stuff for my next 2.4ghz system...

My only gripe is that the Futaba radio isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the Airtronics/Sanwa stuff (don't get me started on the aesthetics of the Spektrum, they are just plain fugly).

I suppose I might've created a spark with that fugly statement about the Spektrum, flame on
How long do your batteries last. Im using 2000mah eneloops, and ive done about 6 litres since i bought it and the batteries havnt needed charging. That like 8 hours or more, how long do you want it to last lol?

I totally agree with the Spektrum statement, i wouldnt buy one for that very reason
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

/http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWYX8&P=7looking at getting this anyone have one I cant find a review Airtronics MX-3FG FHSS-2
Old 05-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default MX-3

I haveth 2.4ghz radio and like it alot I can runabout 10 to 12 hours on the batteries. Have not had a problem yet.

i used some grip wrap to make the grip a lil larger is all. Like the kind you put on tennis raquets.

Last edited by YotieKillin; 05-25-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: i wanted to
Old 05-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have that radio and like it lots the grip is a lil small for my hand so I used tennis raqute grip tape and wrapped it around it. I can get 10 to 12 hours out of the batteries.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I had a MX3 FHSS about a year ago and it was a nice radio the part I really liked was the digital screen and trim controls def a step up from the tactics and traxxas links and hobby king radios!