Wiki Posts
Search

M11 DSSS -v- DX3S

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking M11 DSSS -v- DX3S

I have a problem I have to chose between the M11 DSSS and the DX3S and I can seem to make up my mind. I would like to know what you would pick and why. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickgomez2003
I have a problem I have to chose between the M11 DSSS and the DX3S and I can seem to make up my mind. I would like to know what you would pick and why. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I love my M11. I have had it for 4 years and have not had a problem with it. It is a great radio with many features that can be used to better tune your car.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:25 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

My only issue with the M11 is the DSS. I have an M11 with Spektrum because Spektrum receivers are everywhere and can be had for fairly cheap on the second-hand market. The DSS receivers aren't any more expensive, but don't show up as often on the second hand market.

The plus about the DSS receivers is that they're quite a bit smaller than the standard-size Spektrum receivers.

I also like the feel of the M11 compared to the DX3S/R. The Spektrum radio feels like a toy. Although, the light weight would be nice for long Mains.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Thank you both for your input I ended up going with the M11. I went with it because it has really nice features and yes the DX3S feels like a toy. I am a 224lb boxer and the DX3S felt like I would break it on accident. I guess it all came down to feel. Thanks again.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LIVipers
I love my M11. I have had it for 4 years and have not had a problem with it. It is a great radio with many features that can be used to better tune your car.
One of the best on market one you put in lipo for weight