Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Havoc

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If I bailed on every manuf. that I've had some sort of problem with over the years big or small, I wouldn't have anything left to run. We all need to remember that out of all the electronics out there very very few ever have a problem especially when you realize that all those little diodes and such are produced by the millions, so even though it really sucks I'm not one to bitch when stuff goes poof. As long as companies stand behind thier stuff.
I have an XBR waiting to go back to Novak with a big black glob in the center of the board...That majic smoke stinks when it comes out
sorry just a little "IMO"
Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Think they have the problem fixed???? My spx just went up and took out my motor with it. It is covered under warranty, but I wont get it back for a while. I was thinking of ordering a Havoc combo straight from Novak. I don't have the $$$$ to get anything else and I want to race.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gruman28
Think they have the problem fixed???? My spx just went up and took out my motor with it. It is covered under warranty, but I wont get it back for a while. I was thinking of ordering a Havoc combo straight from Novak. I don't have the $$$$ to get anything else and I want to race.
i wouldnt buy one if it wasnt gonna be directly from them. definitely call and say u want the Havoc and double check that it will have the updates. if you overnight your warranty ESC and get it overnighted back...u could have the new system back the same week.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I heard LRP takes for ever to do warranty work. I may call and see. Thanks
Chris
Old 07-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Just purchased three systems (one for myself, the other for my two sons).

My ESC began glitching last night in the main, I've only run one race night prior to this problem.

Looks like I'm sending my combo to Novak as well.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Czolgosz
Just purchased three systems (one for myself, the other for my two sons).

My ESC began glitching last night in the main, I've only run one race night prior to this problem.

Looks like I'm sending my combo to Novak as well.
Before you return your items, please email [email protected] with your problem.

Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ warranty claim
~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ gearing
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ servo used
~ vehicle
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity)
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc

The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Before you return your items, please email [email protected] with your problem.

Ty, I'll definitely follow the prescribed method.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

My buddies Havok just started to cut out at the last two races we were at. I believe he is just out of the 120 day warranty. I hope Novak will do the right thing seeing it is a defect. We put his combo in my rig just to eleminate any of his other electronics and it cuts out in my rig to.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Derry
My buddies Havok just started to cut out at the last two races we were at. I believe he is just out of the 120 day warranty. I hope Novak will do the right thing seeing it is a defect. We put his combo in my rig just to eleminate any of his other electronics and it cuts out in my rig to.
Advise your friend to follow the guidelines I posted above before returning his item for service. Not every problem is related to the esc itself, but that is where many other problems become noticeable.

It would be better to seek some help trouble-shooting the problem, rather than returning the esc immediately. Many items, we get in for service, work normally---we cannot duplicate the problem described. Therefore, it is better to try and pin-point the real problem first.

Battery pack info is crucial. If a product has worked for 3 months, it is unlikely that it was defective from the factory.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Company Representative

We added this low C battery notice to our information updates. It links to a PDF file:

Low C Battery Notice

Last edited by NovakTwo; 07-15-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

We use Reedy 5000 35C batteries, so I know there is plenty of juice... I will advise him of the guidelines.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Sent my system to Novak, today.

Waited a couple weeks to make sure both of my son's units continued functioning properly. We bought theirs at a different store so maybe they have newer units...cuz theirs are still running just fine.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:59 PM
oty
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just to let every1 know, i was haveing trouble with my havoc aswell, but stevie at Novak has been a great help, the service at novac is A1, dont let these little hick-ups steer u away from Novac products, if u do have any probs with it, they are quick to help!! if u have a few weeks in between races
Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I recently purchased a novak havoc 13.5 system. I ran it for 2 days on the track in my brand new b4 and the esc blew up. I cased a very small double, my car did a front flip, landed on the wheels and the power cut out. By the time i got off the drivers stand there was a white cloud of smoke around my car. My gearing was VERY conservative and the motor was staying quite cool.

I just happened to live somewhat close to novak so i took it there for repair. 20min later i was out the door with a refurb esc and motor (sensor wire connector melted a bit as well). After having the setup for less than a week, i am not ecstatic about having a refurb setup now, but hopefully its an "updated" version with some bugs worked out. (I didnt complain or try to get a new one from them)

The receptionist at novak was very friendly, and the warranty exchange was seamless. I have been running novak products for about 15 years now and they have always had this type of exceptional customer service.

The havoc works great and is one of the best values out there. I paid $150 brand new for my brushless setup. Everything setup great, programming is easy and effective, and i didnt notice any issues. I bought this over the GTB because it was $100 less and i am not planning on running it with more than 2s and stock motors. It was a no-brainer.

Cliffs notes version: Havoc blew up in a week. Novak replaced it with refurb. Great value, works very well. Hopefully i just got a defective one and this isnt a widespread issue.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Czolgosz
Sent my system to Novak, today.

Waited a couple weeks to make sure both of my son's units continued functioning properly. We bought theirs at a different store so maybe they have newer units...cuz theirs are still running just fine.

Got my unit back and ran it last night. Worked great. Thanks for the quick and painless turnaround, Novak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.