Community
Wiki Posts
Search

venom pro charger and venom 4600 nimh

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay a couple more questions. In the discharge mode I can set a couple of things can you tell me what they are and what changing them will do.

1) 0.1a-1.0a

2)auto-25.0v

venom's instructions are terrible.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

#1 appears to be the setting for the discharge current - variable from 0.1a to 1.0amp - not much of a discharge for a 6 cell pac....OK for AAs or receiver pac if you're trying to cycle batts.

#2 - guessing, but may have an "automatic" discharge mode where you just set the voltage you want the pac discharged down to and it does the rest - sets the discharge current and monitors batt voltage until your auto cutoff is reached.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Venom ProCharger

[FONT="Arial"][/FONT
Understand the lil tamiya connectors are different on RC cars as with airsoft rifles. Understand this is a car forum - is it red to round or red to square on the connectors?

It appears that I may the only human on the "blue planet" that does not comprehend in the least the instructions for using a Venom Pro Charger. I even called the company to "bitch." I just checked their site (03/07/09) to see if perhaps they got the message and rewrote their manual. However, in doing a search on their site - zippo appears.

Simply put, I want to recharge my NiMH batteries. They've been idle for a few months, So what I gather I should do, from reading in the forum thus far, is the discharge/charge cycle 3-4 times to get'em back up to "snuff."

Can someone be kind enough, who comprehends this charging process more than I do, step me thought which buttons to push on this Venom Pro Charger, and which options to select (don't forget to mention how to select that option), for charging a set of 3600 NiMH batteries. I would be forever in your debt. Is there some interpretational skill I'm missing when "trying" to read this manual. Why does this manual seem so utterly incomprehensible?
Thanks to everyone!
Pragmatic in Dallas

Last edited by Pragmatic; 03-07-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: mispellings
Old 03-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys my venom turns off after 2hours of charging. Is this normal? I agree the directions are terrible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.