Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
High end radio = Better Driver? >

High end radio = Better Driver?

High end radio = Better Driver?

Old 01-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warhawk 1 View Post
Ko Proppo Ex-10 helios, features out the butt. Comfortable, if you want you can get the drop down unit for comfort (I have it). Its an awesome radio.
I had the Helios w/dsm1 mod and loved it.But it wasn't as comfy at first it took the thicker handle and the tiltadrop to get there.I just got the 4pk 2 days ago mainly for the 2.4 and 4 channel.Would like to get into 1/5 scale and i race 1/8 buggy I cant wait to use it when it gets warmer.Once futaba comes out with there tilt drop down i think ill like the feel even better then my HeliosI use about %90 of the features trust me though it takes a lot of trial and error to get to where these features are of any benefit and in the end it didn't make me a faster driver just more comfortable.IMO comfort with the radio and car is where you wanna be and if your there with your current radio then there is no reason beyond curiosity to get another radio Just my take
Old 01-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I have to say Ko Helios is the most comfortable radio I've ever held. The drop wheel with adjustable angle gives a whole different prospective to driving
I may be wrong; But I believe KO applied for a patent on how the drop wheel
angle can be changed. So I'm not sure if futaba can use the same mechanics to produce an angled wheel. I believe the 4pk will have a adjustable angle forward to back and not pivot like Ko Helios. But I may be wrong.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well hte3pk is out as I will have to use digital servos, and I am currently running airtronics analog servos. So as of right now it is between the m11, dx3r, dx3s, or ko propo helios 2.4, or jr z-1. I think I would prefer a 2.4 or spectrum system so I dont have to worry about channels. I will just have to see how they feel.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I have to say Ko Helios is the most comfortable radio I've ever held. The drop wheel with adjustable angle gives a whole different prospective to driving
I may be wrong; But I believe KO applied for a patent on how the drop wheel
angle can be changed. So I'm not sure if futaba can use the same mechanics to produce an angled wheel. I believe the 4pk will have a adjustable angle forward to back and not pivot like Ko Helios. But I may be wrong.
Really I read somewhere one will be out soon.But it doesnt say how it tilts and to what angle.There is one that comes with it that has 3 postions forward and back so ???? anyone know more
Originally Posted by xpertpredator View Post
Well hte3pk is out as I will have to use digital servos, and I am currently running airtronics analog servos. So as of right now it is between the m11, dx3r, dx3s, or ko propo helios 2.4, or jr z-1. I think I would prefer a 2.4 or spectrum system so I dont have to worry about channels. I will just have to see how they feel.
out of those 1 for helios
Old 01-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xpertpredator View Post
Even thou the Z-1 and EX-10 are the same radio. Get the Z-1 it carries a 3yr warranty out the box while Ko propo EX-10 only carries a 1 yr warranty out the box.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I have to say Ko Helios is the most comfortable radio I've ever held. The drop wheel with adjustable angle gives a whole different prospective to driving.
+1