Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Spektrum DX3S VS Nomadio React VS DX3R with telemetry which one? >

Spektrum DX3S VS Nomadio React VS DX3R with telemetry which one?

Spektrum DX3S VS Nomadio React VS DX3R with telemetry which one?

Old 11-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Spektrum DX3S VS Nomadio React VS DX3R with telemetry which one?

Hi, I have a dilemma I am after a new radio set and I donít know what I should be looking for. I m after something with telemetry cause I donít know too much about my car and I think it should help with the basics. I have a budget of about $400aud max $500 and I keep going between the above three.

The DX3S cause it has everything but it doesnít run DSM2 which seems better. I donít think the memory would be a big issue because I donít think Iíll be storing many settings as I donít know what Iím doing.

The Nomadio React seems OK but I canít find many places that sell it and fewer that have the sensors for telemetry

And finally the DX3R and get a telemetry pack, but this is pretty expansive and the telemetry display doesnít seem as helpful.

So any thoughts would be great.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default radios

I have had the spektrum and now I own the react. I will never use anything else.... The only drawback to the react is no backlight. Other than that I love it. Lots of features super fast reaction light weight the only sensor you really need is the engine temp sensor. all the other info rx /tx voltage is automatic and super cool. I am going to do a conversion for the backlight soon.I love the react and the only other radio I may get is the sensor,but prob not. Another plus is the upgrad onlie feature on the nomadio radios. I could go on and on about the react and the pages of features that I never knew existed (tank mode) infinately adjustable braking trims including adj anti lock brake pulses. The onlt thing that bothered me at first was low battery capacity,but it last easily 2 race weekends so that is not a worry no more. I say go with nomadio there an american company that builds radios for bomb robots that is bad ass so think american and go with the nomadio. Once there is not war to be in the radio will again surpass anything out there. Good luck I hope this helps. if you have any more ? let me know. Darrin
Old 11-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

I just read another thread where someone mentioned that the 3100 rx that is included in the DX3S model radio actually DOES have dsm2....
Old 11-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The DX3S does not include the SR3100. It comes with the SR3300T and the SR300, both are DSM.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Rookie

My understanding was that the DX3S had 11ms whilst the Dx3R was 5ms and I thought that was to do with DSM\DSM2. Im off to a couple of LHS today to see what I can find but if itís anything like the responses I have been getting from e-mailing stores the React is going to be very hard to find.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccc_gt40 View Post
My understanding was that the DX3S had 11ms whilst the Dx3R was 5ms and I thought that was to do with DSM\DSM2. Im off to a couple of LHS today to see what I can find but if itís anything like the responses I have been getting from e-mailing stores the React is going to be very hard to find.
Yes and no. With the DX3R you can adjust the frame rate from 5.5ms/11.5ms/16.5ms. If you're not using digital servos then you must use 11.5m/s with the 3R.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

what exactly is the throttle punch feature on the dx3s?
Old 11-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Throttle Punch

The Throttle Punch function is used to offset the throttle
to a preprogrammed position and activated when 4%
throttle travel is applied. Throttle punch is typically
used in nitro vehicles to reduce the lag due to throttle
linkage slack.

This is direct from Spektrum.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Punch

Yep thats what the manual says for throttle puch.... ive not made sense of it so far.

Perhaps someone could rewrite that info.

I wish people that actually USE these products would write the manual, and Futaba is even worse!

Dave
Old 11-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

anyone gone for the Nomadio React to the DX3S, or the other way around and can comment on it?

Also, what is the response time on the Nomadio React?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
anyone gone for the Nomadio React to the DX3S, or the other way around and can comment on it?

I went from a React to the DX3R because I couldn't find receivers. And I was afraid of every receiver I did manage to find being defective. Nomadio has/had issues with quality control. My transmitter had a few really poor solder joints on the USB cord which I blame on my random disconnects before I found the problem.

I'm very happy with my DX3R. I wish it had the lag-reducing throttle advancer thing that the DX3S had, but other than that I think I would buy a DX3R again.

Telemetry is cool, but overrated. It was nice to see how fast my slash got up to on the backstraight at the track, but otherwise wasn't too much use.

-Eric
Old 11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain View Post

Nomadio is out of business. No customer service or repair.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Man that sucks. They really had a great program going if they could have upped the reliability just a little bit.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

-Eric